SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

Forget the blindness, you're still neglecting the Special Forces part though...

*Sigh*

Here's Kenshi's MK9 Bio, which takes place before MK9 (aka alternate MK1 thru UMK3)..........

MK9 Kenshi Bio.jpg

The comic never stated that he joined the Special Forces yet, just that Sonya had the number to that satellite phone in that 1 location.
He may not have met Sonya or Jax yet.

Yea I'm subscribing..
[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION] Soo how do you feel about the comics now??lol

Given that I don't think that Boon and NRS would have done all this backstory in the MKX game, I'm glad that I read it, otherwise I would probably be lost when MKX comes out.

Last edited:
But he has in the MKX comic which is in the new timeline... lol.

No he hasn't.
The comic just stated that he turned on a generator for weeks to charge a satellite phone that never rang, and that Sonya was the only person who had the number to the said phone by the generator.
Even if so, if they can retcon Takeda then they can just as easily retcon when Kenshi met Sonya and Jax, given that his name was called out in MK9, in the Coliseum.

But how does Scorpion come before Takeda then... This cannot be prior to MK1, lol, there's no and's, if's, or's, but's about it.

I wish someone would add a poll in this thread to see who agrees with who.

Anyway...anybody noticed how Scorpionstache changed? Lol

It's freaking badass is what it is. I think Scorpion will gain a large number of fans given this drastic change in appearance/allignment/personality. He's more Hanzo than Scorpion.

But how does Scorpion come before Takeda then... This cannot be prior to MK1, lol, there's no and's, if's, or's, but's about it.

They retconned Takeda.
Simple.
If they can retcon Takeda (the original founder of the Shirai Ryu), then why can't they retcon when Kenshi met Sonya and Jax, possibly pre-MK1?

I don't need a poll to see who agrees with who.
I'm just stating what I think, because the comic doesn't specify when this takes place, as "Many years ago" is vague within a comic which is said to tie-in old characters to new characters.

It's freaking badass is what it is. I think Scorpion will gain a large number of fans given this drastic change in appearance/allignment/personality. He's more Hanzo than Scorpion.

That was necessary! I mean, people keep saying "oooh, Scorpion is the creator favorite, he will be in some kind of focus...".

Man, he needs to be on focus even if he was Hsu Hao.

Look at this man's story. Look of what he has become.

And this vengeance thing is in time to have a turn. They tried it on MK4-MKD, but it seemed they...feared this change.

This focus is needed, it's an evolution of the character.

He needs to find peace. I hope he finds his way. Just a few pages showed how concentrated he was.

And I bet he will be stronger!

That doesn't mean the others won't follow equitative evolutions too.

I'm guessing retconned means that they scrapped the characters original story ...looks like that's what they have done with takeda .

Edit:Hanzo defeated his scorpion demon years ago...this is definetly after mk9.

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

I'm guessing retconned means that they scrapped the characters original story ...looks like that's what they have done with takeda .

Yes.
Exactly.
If they scrapped Takeda's original story, which they did in the comic, then they could have easily have done the same with other characters.

They retconned Takeda.
Simple.
If they can retcon Takeda (the original founder of the Shirai Ryu), then why can't they retcon when Kenshi met Sonya and Jax, possibly pre-MK1?

I don't need a poll to see who agrees with who.
I'm just stating what I think, because the comic doesn't specify when this takes place, as "Many years ago" is vague within a comic which is said to tie-in old characters to new characters.

I don't know man, just seems that you're going out of your way to disagree with the norm these days when it comes to story interpretation.

Regardless though, we will see in the coming weeks. You'll always be a cool dude in my book, so no malice was intended here.

Omg guys... It's a NEW TAKEDA!!! People are allowed to have the same damn name in a Universe. Look no further than SUB-ZERO!!!

I don't know man, just seems that you're going out of your way to disagree with the norm these days when it comes to story interpretation.

Regardless though, we will see in the coming weeks. You'll always be a cool dude in my book, so no malice was intended here.

Going out of my way to disagree?
I'm just saying that this could be a prequel to MK1 comic, given that Sub-Zero is now hunting the Kamidogu, when that was originally Shujinko who did that and those events started before MK1.
The comic is pretty vague about when this takes place.
"Many years ago."
Many years ago before what? MK9? MKX?

I also didn't intend any malice, but you're right, we'll see in the coming weeks.

Omg guys... It's a NEW TAKEDA!!! People are allowed to have the same damn name in a Universe. Look no further than SUB-ZERO!!!

A new person named Takeda who is brought into the Shirai Ryu is too coincidental for it not to be the same character with a new story.
That's like the odds of having another character in MKX called Bi-Han who isn't Noob Saibot or Sub-Zero.
Not likely.

Going out of my way to disagree?
I'm just saying that this could be a prequel to MK1 comic, given that Sub-Zero is now hunting the Kamidogu, when that was originally Shujinko who did that and those events started before MK1.
The comic is pretty vague about when this takes place.
"Many years ago."
Many years ago before what? MK9? MKX?

I also didn't intend any malice, but you're right, we'll see in the coming weeks.
How would it be when the creator tells us it takes place between MK9-MKX. And Hanzo conquered Scorpion and restarted his clan.

Heres why we are all so confused:

We see the events in MK1 through And MKA as cannon when they obviously aren't anymore .It seems like they are picking a couple of events from the old MK's adding them to the story.

WE NEED TO FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING WE KNEW THAT HAPPENED IN THE FRANCHISE PRIOR TO MK9 .

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

I agree, Commander is always cool (no Sub-Zero or Victor Fries pun intended), but I think he is interpretating this way because that Sub-Zero is probally Kuai Liang, and that kinda...messes what we think about MKX's Sub-Zero being Bi-Han.

I'm obviously saying he's not doing it to "prove he is right" (because we think the same about MKX's Sub-Zero until now), but he is rearranging the thoughts.

Anyway, this Takeda (founder o SR) has never been clear, but this kid has the same name. And I don't remember Takeda being a very...rare name in Japan.

How would it be when the creator tells us it takes place between MK9-MKX. And Hanzo conquered Scorpion and restarted his clan.

I never said that it wasn't a possibility, but Ed Boon said that the comics will tie-in old characters to the new characters.

Heres why we are all so confused:

We see the events in MK1 through And MKA as cannon when they obviously aren't anymore .It seems like they are picking a couple of events from the old MK's adding them to the story.

WE NEED TO FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING WE KNEW THAT HAPPENED IN THE FRANCHISE PRIOR TO MK9 .

Exactly.
Hence, why there's the possibility that they could have also retconned pre-MK1 stuff, that was part of the old timeline.

The whole Takeda thing and Sub-Zero getting the Kamidogu for Raiden may be after MK9 or it may be before MK9.
The Quan Chi line is throwing me off because that wouldn't just be randomly thrown in there without it having some sort of relation or connection to Sub-Zero, and MKX Sub-Zero screams of Bi-Han.
If this MKX comic Sub-Zero is after MK9 and it's Bi-Han, then what happened to him after the Soulnado in MK9.
If this MKX comic Sub-Zero is after MK9 and it's Kuai-Liang, then how the hell did he escape the NetherRealm, given that Quan Chi is most likely alive at the start of MKX.
A complete stranger isn't as likely to have any idea of what went on with Quan Chi, and would probably be confused as to why that generic Red Dragon guy would even bring that up.