SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

Heres why we are all so confused:

We see the events in MK1 through And MKA as cannon when they obviously aren't anymore .It seems like they are picking a couple of events from the old MK's adding them to the story.

WE NEED TO FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING WE KNEW THAT HAPPENED IN THE FRANCHISE PRIOR TO MK9 .

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."
Totally agreed, this cannot be pre mk1! If this takeda is going to found the shirai ryu and he's just ten years old, it means he needs to be at least 25 when he does so (however, the shirai Ryu is already there on the comic), the events of mk1 were many years after the creation of the shirai Ryu, at least 10 years, but kenshi's appearance on the comic is almost the same as the one of mk9... so if we assume kenshi's age on the comic was 30, adding the additional 25 years needed for the creation of the shirai Ryu by takeda that commander thinks, that means kenshi's age on mk9 must be around 55 years, when it's clear that's not the case..... so, commander, you are totally wrong.... not only considering kenshi's age, but Sonya's age too.... if you're right, and Sonya was working 15 years ago but she has that young look on mk9, simply it cannot be....
Returning to topic, I loved the comic, and that could be an amazing explanation for the resurrection of the earthrealm warriors like kung Lao (because this is post mk9).... however, this contradicts quan chi's intro, if there was a netherrealm war and so many people got their freedom, why does quan chi still has an army with the fallen earthrealm warriors? And it was already stated for example that Kitana remains dead..... that is really really contradictory!

I'm thinking this way:

MK9 happened;

Then Shinnok will invade (copycat MK4); Quan Chi will come with the revenants;

"Good guys" will win, free everybody's soul (Kung Lao AND Kuai Liang);

This comic is between this war and MKX events;

Kuai Liang is back and is searching the Kamidogus do prevent Onaga's return (Raiden must not want to kill Shujinko, so, he asked Sub-Zero and others to find it first);

The scar is a proof that somethings are inevitable. Kuai Liang HAD to have that scar. It was his "destiny".

And that makes an interesting point. That scar was made (writer's mind) to make us not mess both Sub-Zeros. Who knows if we don't get Kuai Liang AND Bi-Han on this game?

That's what I am thinking.

We cannot completely forget what happened. Daegon is there once again, that proves "forget everything" is not the best option.

Also, MKX may address the Netherrealm War (as they said, events next to MK9 events) and some important events 25 years later (the new generation).

however, this contradicts quan chi's intro, if there was a netherrealm war and so many people got their freedom, why does quan chi still has an army with the fallen earthrealm warriors?

Because remember the story won't take place ONLY after the 25 years, it'll also be in the years during. Which means that in Story Mode, Quan Chi will indeed still have the army, until they are freed with his and Shinnok's defeat. It is foreshadowed in the Comic, and I'm guessing this will take place in the middle, or even near the beginning of Story Mode.

why does quan chi still has an army with the fallen earthrealm warriors? And it was already stated for example that Kitana remains dead..... that is really really contradictory!

Don't forget that there have been many fallen EARTHREALM warriors.Earthrealm has lost at least 9 tournaments before Mk9. So Quan Chi has lots of dead warriors to use.ALSO. Just because Kung Lao was able to free himself doesn't mean that Stryker could free himself.

I think we're in the same page .Correct me if I'm wrong .

EDIT [MENTION=18134]Yellow Ledbetter[/MENTION] I think that they are going to take a couple of elements from the old MK time line ..that's why Deagon is still there...but maybe his back story is different.Hell in this story Taven may not even exist.

Random side note:We can all agree that Kenshi was in the mk9 storyline and we also seen him fighting Deagon im the back ground...Frost will also pop up in the comics im sure.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the Spoiler Tags need to be written out manually on Tapatalk.

[ SPOILER ](insert spoilers here...such as "Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father")[ /SPOILER ]

Without the spaces of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

so, commander, you are totally wrong.... not only considering kenshi's age, but Sonya's age too.... if you're right, and Sonya was working 15 years ago but she has that young look on mk9, simply it cannot be....=

Wtf are you even talking about?
I never hinted or implied that this was 15 years before MK9, so I don't get where you're coming from.
This comic could have taken place 1 or 2 years just before MK9, which would still be "Many years ago," if the story is told from the 25-year point of view.

Because remember the story won't take place ONLY after the 25 years, it'll also be in the years during. Which means that in Story Mode, Quan Chi will indeed still have the army, until they are freed with his and Shinnok's defeat. It is foreshadowed in the Comic, and I'm guessing this will take place in the middle, or even near the beginning of Story Mode.

Don't forget that there have been many fallen EARTHREALM warriors.Earthrealm has lost at least 9 tournaments before Mk9. So Quan Chi has lots of dead warriors to use.ALSO. Just because Kung Lao was able to free himself doesn't mean that Stryker could free himself.

I think we're in the same page .Correct me if I'm wrong .

That's an amazing explanation.... yeah, I also believe this netherrealm war can be immediately after mk9, since shinnok and quan chi seemed to have a plan at the end of mk9... so, maybe quan chi will die soon on the new story mode.... but if that happens, i can't imagine the destiny of the brotherhood of shadow which was already confirmed as one of the online clans...???

They retconned Takeda.
Simple.
If they can retcon Takeda (the original founder of the Shirai Ryu), then why can't they retcon when Kenshi met Sonya and Jax, possibly pre-MK1?

I don't need a poll to see who agrees with who.
I'm just stating what I think, because the comic doesn't specify when this takes place, as "Many years ago" is vague within a comic which is said to tie-in old characters to new characters.
Notice how we have 2 Kung Laos who are 500 years apart in age? Ever considered the fact that the same possibility holds true with Takeda?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Holy Shit, what if Scorpion grooms Takeda #2 to be the new leader of the Shirai Ryu, and since everything is all good and well, he allows his spirit to move on in peace at the end of MKX... Wow that would be a huge shocker.

Notice how we have 2 Kung Laos who are 500 years apart in age? Ever considered the fact that the same possibility holds true with Takeda?

Huh?
Why would 2 people be called Takeda in MK?
Takeda isn't a title.
It's his name.

That's the equivalent of having 2 Mileena, 2 Kitana, 2 Bi-Han or 2 Johnny Cage named characters.
Plus, MK9 also hinted that The Great Kung Lao and Kung Lao are 1 in the same, and that it's possible that the latter is the reincarnated version of the former.

Last edited:
Guys lets have a moment of silence and remember Hso hao

640f3691a1a309cfbb81d3dc27266826.jpg

Wtf are you even talking about?
I never hinted or implied that this was 15 years before MK9, so I don't get where you're coming from.
This comic could have taken place 1 or 2 years just before MK9, which would still be "Many years ago," if the story is told from the 25-year point of view.
You said this takeda is the founder of the shirai ryu and this comic is premk1, i was just trying to show you how illogic is that, and implies 15 years of additional story...which destroy all mk9's characters appearance.... i know you didn't mention that time lapse, i wanted you to know that your affirmation needs more than just mentioning: it's premk1

Holy Shit, what if Scorpion grooms Takeda #2 to be the new leader of the Shirai Ryu, and since everything is all good and well, he allows his spirit to move on in peace at the end of MKX... Wow that would be a huge shocker.
Oooooh since forrest Fox is a new shirai Ryu, do you think takeda could be Forrest Fox and the new shirai Ryu leader?

You said this takeda is the founder of the shirai ryu and this comic is premk1, i was just trying to show you how illogic is that, and implies 15 years of additional story...which destroy all mk9's characters appearance.... i know you didn't mention that time lapse, i wanted you to know that your affirmation needs more than just mentioning: it's premk1

So, then, where the hell did you get 15 years from?
I never said or implied that.
I just stated that this could also be pre MK1, meaning 26 or 27 years before MKX, since lots of MKX takes place at the 25-year mark.
Last time I checked, 26 to 27 years before MKX could also = "Many years ago."

Stop twisting my words.

Well then, that settles it. So I guess the "1-5 years into the future" (just a guess on the number of years, please don't attack me people) portion of the MKX Story Mode will be the Netherrealm War. Shinnok/Quan Chi will be defeated, some Earth souls will be freed (Kung Lao), and Scorpion will know the truth and "become" Hanzo again with Kenshi's assistance.

However I could be wrong, and it would suck if instead they go in the direction where the comic covers this entire portion, because I really would have wanted to fight during the "reimagined MK4 events" (Netherrealm War) in MKX's Story.

I still don't don't know why were talking about pre MK1 stuff when the comic is specifically about the events between MK9-MK
Nothing here is a "could" or "possibility"
And this:
https://twitter.com/kittelsen/status/552539164718399491

^^^^

Finally, an answer on this.
I'll gladly man up and concede to being wrong.

Well, since that settles it, then I still stand by my theory of MKX Sub-Zero being Bi-Han.
Quan Chi is likely alive at the beginning of MK9, and the whole "Quan Chi's in the past" seems to be him saying "I no longer work for him."
I seriously doubt that a new Lin Kuei dressed as Sub-Zero would say that.