SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

HOOOOO MYYYYYYY GOOOOODDDD this was awesome!

Spoiler:
THANK GOD SCORPION HAS FINALLY BEEN FREED!!! I could not be more happy about this.

Also, Kenshi is just a freaking monster, my love for the character increased so much after reading this. I hope Takeda is a playable fighter in MKX, would be awesome to see the result of Scorpion's training.

The Sub-Zero cliffhanger was brutal, I really want to know who this Sub-Zero is.

Although short lasted, I liked the Hsu Hao cameo. I just hope killing crappy 3D era characters doesn't become a habit. Id rather see some characters die who we won't expect.

Spoiler:
Nah, I really doubt Sub-Zero's dead. Kano talked about the Kamidogu being cursed, and Sub-Zero's eyes started turning red as Kano cut him with it. On another note, this Sub-Zero's look is different from the one we've seen in the game; he looks a lot like MK3 Kuai Liang, and Kano even gives him his familiar scar across his eye.

Spoiler:
Nah, I really doubt that the Sub-Zero in the comic is Kuai-Liang.
Bi-Han is the one who used to work for Quan Chi in the original timeline of MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero, and this comic takes place pre-MK1.
Seems like Shujinko isn't searching for the Kamidogu in this new timeline, and thus why Bi-Han is helping Raiden get them.
Maybe Raiden also sent visions to his pre-MK1 self, and he's trying to prevent Onaga from coming back in this new timeline, by having Sub-Zero help him acquire the Kamidogu.

As for Scorpion and Noob Saibot not being under Quan Chi's control once they are resurrected, I've been saying that since last year but no one listens to me.
In MK9 Noob Saibot and Scorpion were brainwashed by Quan Chi, but Quan Chi does not control the living.
He's a necromancer (aka controls the dead, not resurrected) and this pre-MK1 comic proves that.

Last edited:
Spoiler:
Bi-Han is the one who used to work for Quan Chi in the original timeline of MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero, and this comic takes place pre-MK1.
Seems like Shujinko isn't searching for the Kamidogu in this new timeline, and thus why Bi-Han is helping Raiden get them.
Maybe Raiden also sent visions to his pre-MK1 self, and he's trying to prevent Onaga from coming back in this new timeline, by having Sub-Zero help him acquire the Kamidogu.

As for Scorpion and Noob Saibot not being under Quan Chi's control, once they are resurrected, I've been saying that since last year, but no one listens to me.
In MK9 Noob Saibot and Scorpion were brainwashed by Quan Chi, but Quan Chi does not control the living.
He's a necromancer (aka controls the dead, not resurrected) and this pre-MK1 comic proves that.

Spoiler:
Huh? This comic does not take place pre MK1, Scorpion is a spectre in this comic, and it's safe to say the "Netherrealm War" was the war that was imminent after completing MK9's Story.

Furthermore, it says Kenshi "helped" Scorpion out of the darkness.

Spoiler:

As for Scorpion and Noob Saibot not being under Quan Chi's control once they are resurrected, I've been saying that since last year but no one listens to me.

Spoiler:
This comic very clearly takes place after MK9, dude.

Spoiler:
Huh? This comic does not take place pre MK1, Scorpion is a spectre in this comic, and it's safe to say the "Netherrealm War" was the war that was imminent after completing MK9's Story

Spoiler:
It does take place pre-MK1 because Takeda was originally the founder of the Shirai Ryu in the old timeline, and he's just a boy here.
The comic also begins by saying "Many years ago," hinting at pre-MK9.
Also, why would Sub-Zero say that Quan Chi is old news, if this wasn't 1 of the 2 brothers, namely Bi-Han?

Haha I love the Hsu Hao cameo. I must say, the art work is really colorful and impressive. The story is a bit over the place but with so many characters, I guess it needs to be. I'm definitely interested to see where it takes these characters and am glad Kenshi has a big role. He's very likely to be in the game as well considering they had mocap pictures that looked like his fighting stance. I am a bit confused as to when this story takes place though. There was a netherrealm war already in its time line.

Spoiler:
It does take place pre-MK1 because Takeda was originally the founder of the Shirai Ryu in the old timeline, and he's just a boy here.
Also, why would Sub-Zero say that Quan Chi is old news, if this wasn't 1 of the 2 brothers, namely Bi-Han?

Commander, it cannot be,
Spoiler:
this Takeda is another person, not the Takeda we heard about the Shirai Ryu. That Takeda is before Scorpion, Kenshi may not even been born. Remember Kenshi joined Special Forces AFTER MK4. It's after MK9 events.

Now, the big question is:
Spoiler:
SUB-ZERO'S STORY???

Let's go by parts.

It's after MK9.

Both Sub-Zeros dead.

The new Sub-Zero from MKX has no scar.

This scar is evident that is the famous scar from John Turk's Sub-Zero, and he looks and dresses like him. But it happened a little later.

Now I'm confused.

Edit: OH, forget it. Maybe Kuai Liang is back after the "Netherrealm War".

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
This Takeda is clearly a NEW Takeda. Many years ago, meaning the years prior to the "Present Time" 25 years after MK9. Quan Chi is old news meaning he was defeated with Shinnok in the new war happening after MK9.

It makes NO sense that Kenshi would purge Scorpion of his hate, only for it to resurface again. It's clear Quan Chi brought Scorpion back as a spectre "corrupted" with his lies. Somewhere during the 25 years, Scorpion found out the truth and Kenshi aided him. We're probably going to see that in future issues, or in the game's story mode, I'll bet my house on it.

Why the hell do we need to use spoiler tags in this thread, the title clearly says its a discussion for people that have READ the Comic, or just want to know what the hell happened. People who want to speculate before reading should go to the preview thread.

I'm not using spoiler tags for the rest of this thread, it's annoying.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Obviously not the same Takeda, they just share the same name; how can he found the Shirai Ryu when it already has been founded? And please explain how there could be any "Netherrealm War" that devastated the Earth before MK9. Or why an early Bi Han would be referring to Raiden as "Lord" and helping him out so much when he certainly wasn't helping him in MK9. Or how Kenshi helping Scorpion find inner peace at some point fits into MK9 at all. Or why "Quan Chi is old news" means this is pre-MK9 at all when that just points further at the Shinnok/Quan Chi plot already being wrapped up with the Netherrealm War from years ago. Or why Scorpion has his MKX look so far in the past.

Any of this being before MK9 would make no sense at all. Kittelsen's even said most of this comic will take place around 15 years after MK9, which certainly doesn't help the case that any of this is pre-MK9!

I'm with Taj. I can't even figure out how to use spoiler tags on tapatalk.

The title of the thread says SPOILER ALERT...so..

GUYS if you're coming to this thread you're going to get spoiled lol..I can't do spoiler tags on tapatalk ..the thread says spoiler alert lol .

Anyway yea this is after mk9..
The main plot of the story spans 25 years.

Think of it as Raiden telling the story...from 25 years in the MK future.

I have no idea what's going on with the Sub zero's..If that's the younger brother who got turned into cyber sub and he got brought back to life then why doesn't the subzero in the game have that scar???

Daaaayuuum scorpion just demolished that scrub. Lol

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

Spoiler:
This Takeda is clearly a NEW Takeda. Many years ago, meaning the years prior to the "Present Time" 25 years after MK9. Quan Chi is old news meaning he was defeated with Shinnok in the new war happening after MK9.

It makes NO sense that Kenshi would purge Scorpion of his hate, only for it to resurface again. It's clear Quan Chi brought Scorpion back as a spectre "corrupted" with his lies. Somewhere during the 25 years, Scorpion found out the truth and Kenshi aided him. We're probably going to see that in future issues, or in the game's story mode, I'll bet my house on it.

Ed Boon said that the MKX comics would also be a way to show how newer characters tie-in to the klassic characters.

Spoiler:
The NetherRealm war could also refer to Bi-Han defeating the armies of Quan Chi and Shinnok, as he did pre-MK1 and was mentioned in MK9, and this could be what happens after that, before the 1st tournament.

I hope we find out more about Sub-Zero on Sunday, this comic did what it was intended to do: Entertain and want me coming back for more.

I highly recommend everyone who cares about MKX's Story to subscribe to the series, from what I've read from the first issue, it provides a lot of answers.

Ed Boon said that the MKX comics would also be a way to show how newer characters tie-in to the klassic characters.

Spoiler:
The NetherRealm war could also refer to Bi-Han defeating the armies of Quan Chi and Shinnok, as he did pre-MK1 and was mentioned in MK9, and this could be what happens after that, before the 1st tournament.

Sorry man, but that makes NO sense at all, you're grasping at straws at this point in order to try to make your interpretation logical.

We know from MK backstory that Scorpion was resurrected as a spectre BY QUAN CHI, via DECEPTION. There's no way he was resurrected, did this whole new Shirai Ryu thing, and then was corrupted, cleansed by Kenshi, then corrupted again. It makes NO SENSE.

Yea I'm subscribing..
[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION] Soo how do you feel about the comics now??lol
The mk dry season is over!!

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

Spoiler:

Kenshi only joined Special Forces after MK4 events,he wasn't even blind or born on the time you are thinking.

Spoiler:
Look at Sub-Zero's arms, they're his MK9 arms. Sooo I think it's Kuai Liang.

Spoiler:
Except that every single MKX intro points more to this being Bi-Han. Sooo I think it's Bi-Han.

Kenshi only joined Special Forces after MK4 events,he wasn't even blind or born on the time you are thinking.

Yes he was.
Kenshi was blinded by Song (aka Shang Tsung in disguise) pre-MK1.