SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

How is Onaga screwed at all?

Considering other experiences with this comic BS inventions and the fact that Onaga NEVER had any direct connection with Red Dragon, my dragon senses are tingling that this will not end well for anybody.

I know they said not much about it, but it was enough, simply because Onaga has NOTHING with Red Dragon lore.

And I hope nobody says something like "new timel..." because it makes as sense as putting Shang Tsung as Baraka's father.

Cyrax is from Botswana
Lin Kuei is based in China
Its heavily implied that Cyrax isn't dead

I know those 2 things, when I said "Japanese honor" I meant that thing about dying with honor above all else you see in every film set in Japan.

I miss that thing about Cyrax possibly being alive, what did you mean?

"Death before Dishonor" happens in all media cultures.

5c58f13df0bf17eef4b6b4b818bd90c9.jpg

Holy f****** crap:

LC &#8207 [MENTION=14571]lucas[/MENTION]6414 7h7 hours ago
[MENTION=15083]Kit[/MENTION]telsen wanna see Onaga, but it was implied he has a connection with Red Dragon he never had. r u gonna change his lore?

Shawn Kittelsen &#8207 [MENTION=15083]Kit[/MENTION]telsen 4h4 hours ago
[MENTION=14571]lucas[/MENTION]6414 Maybe!

Maybe the Red Dragon is a cult that awaits for the return of Onaga (like a Mesiah thing), to be honest I think it's cool to put a new story behind them, the RD sucks ass right now, and I don't care about Onaga, so if they unite 2 boring things and craete a new and more interesting thing then and I'm all for it.

Maybe the Red Dragon is a cult that awaits for the return of Onaga (like a Mesiah thing), to be honest I think it's cool to put a new story behind them, the RD sucks ass right now, and I don't care about Onaga, so if they unite 2 boring things and craete a new and more interesting thing then and I'm all for it.

Problem is: I don't care for Red Dragon, but do care about Onaga.

It's honestly your best bet as an Onaga fan. Because as of now, the events of the story aren't lining up in his favor. Reptile isn't a wandering monster anymore, and it looks like the "Devolution" has been retconned from his story. So Nitara can't exactly trick him along with Cyrax (who is MIA at the moment) into going into the Dragon's lair.

Cyrax is too popular to kill off anyways. In the MK universe, only the unpopular characters stay dead forever. That's why Hsu Hao and Mavado will likely be dead for good.

It's honestly your best bet as an Onaga fan. Because as of now, the events of the story aren't lining up in his favor. Reptile isn't a wandering monster anymore, and it looks like the "Devolution" has been retconned from his story. So Nitara can't exactly trick him along with Cyrax (who is MIA at the moment) into going into the Dragon's lair.

You are right. But what bothers me isn't exactly the fact of his Deception plot not being followed.

Adding to these reasons you said, we also had the Kamidogu plot, and Shujinko.

Well, but that all can be explained with "Raiden changed everything, so, butterfly effect".

The big mistake is to change his origins. You know, messing with the very essence of the character.

Even if they never resurrected him, robbed his heart, I don't know, they could do anything.

But they are changing what he really was, it's like a Lin Kuei Scorpion, they are putting him related to Red Dragon (even though he is far older than that, and Red Dragon has it's own unique story, and even unique inspired dragon) and probably to fix inventions of their own comics.

That's sad, because I don't know what character they will mess for this purpose.

Kittelsen asked me if it isn't worthywhile. I really don't think it is...

I don't think they changed his origins, because that in and of itself would also change Shao Kahn's origins and would just be a mess. I just think they're tying the Red Dragon to him. Like the Red Dragon discovered who he was, and then worshiped him. I don't think any of this implies that they created him or that he exists because of them.

I mean, the kamidogu being daggers in this timeline doesn't make sense either, nor does Shinnok's amulet being the genuine article or Mileena not being born until during MK2. It was a soft reboot technically, but they've hard rebooted a lot of stuff.

I don't think they changed his origins, because that in and of itself would also change Shao Kahn's origins and would just be a mess. I just think they're tying the Red Dragon to him. Like the Red Dragon discovered who he was, and then worshiped him. I don't think any of this implies that they created him or that he exists because of them.

Well, let's wait. Because, for me, just by the fact that they added Onaga on Red Dragon lore...eek.

The game (Kenshi's ending) works exactly with Armageddon's plot (when it comes to Taven/Daegon), even if they consider all of those events suspended/postponed/even cancelled.

IMO, it's a waste to put Outworld's Dragon King with the weak edenian Red Dragon, since their only cross was that Blaze thing.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind if Daegon started looking for Onaga AFTER his original plans. But Goro said Onaga is part of the Red Dragon's lore...and Kittelsen mostly implied he may rewrite his origins.

As said before, let's wait. 99% of chances of me getting mad hahahah (as every expected idea in the comic), but...

I mean, the kamidogu being daggers in this timeline doesn't make sense either, nor does Shinnok's amulet being the genuine article or Mileena not being born until during MK2. It was a soft reboot technically, but they've hard rebooted a lot of stuff.

I think he put daggers because the One Being was split into the realms. I thought it was a clever idea, and the Kamidogu have never been revealed at all what they were. I don't think that's changing everything, he adapted.

About Mileena, well, NRS did that, not a third part. The original creators have their means to adapt, but someone that clearly had no exact contact with the source material and commited several mistakes...that's worrying.

What do you mean about the Amulet being genuine article? You mean the main object of the plot? Once again, the game is the voice of the creators, they know how to fit most things. Another thing I thought as clever, since the Amulet is one of the (if not the most important) object in MK lore, remembering it was center of many games (MKM:SZ- MK4, MK:DA-MK:D and MKX), probably having an important role in MK11 (Raiden).