SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

Because visually it looks more badass and gets people talking. Kittleston does seem like he knows the MK lore well enough, but it does seem like he cuts corners here and there to make the story more poetic/visually interesting.

If that's the case, then I hope that NRS rectifies the comic in the game, to go with the MK9 game consistency.
I can't see why Boon would let Kittlesen get away with screwing up the lore this badly.

If that's the case, then I hope that NRS rectifies the comic in the game, to go with the MK9 game consistency.
I can't see why Boon would let Kittlesen get away with screwing up the lore this badly.

I gotta agree with everyone hating on this new development. Sub-Zero not being responsible for his own fate in any way weakens the story tremendously. It removes one of the very few things that we know about Bi Han and leaves him as a complete non-entity in the lore. Hopefully we're just jumping the gun on a vague plot development that will be cleared up before issue's end.

Sub-Zero's responsability was the crucial point of that event.

He killed Hanzo for no reason, and created a wraith.

Yet, for not killing his family, but being charged, that was a double path.

Quan Chi was much more of a mastermind if you think that he played with two people knowing that anyway both would be under his control. And at the same time, he was securing his plans.

If now Quan Chi killed Hanzo just to have Scorpion as his personal assassin, and not involving Sub-Zero's services, this will be BS.

Turning Sub-Zero an innocent when it comes to Hanzo's death, that's too far, and instead of making Quan Chi more inteligent, makes his less rich.

I hope that, as always, we are making superficial conclusions on a preview. But this time I'm afraid we are right.

Sub-Zero's responsability was the crucial point of that event.

He killed Hanzo for no reason, and created a wraith.

For no reason? Did you ever play MK Mythologies? He had reason. Scorpion was a traitor to the Lin Kuei clan for being part of the Shirai Ryu. They were rival clans, and Quan Chi hired both to get the Amulet of Shinnok. Scorpion attacked Sub-Zero on sight, so he defended himself and ended up killing him. Quan Chi then used his magic to turn Scorpion into a wraith and fuelled his anger by killing his entire clan and staging it so it looked like it was Sub-Zero who did it. And thus Scorpion killed Sub-Zero in the first game.

For no reason? Did you ever play MK Mythologies? He had reason. Scorpion was a traitor to the Lin Kuei clan for being part of the Shirai Ryu. They were rival clans, and Quan Chi hired both to get the Amulet of Shinnok. Scorpion attacked Sub-Zero on sight, so he defended himself and ended up killing him. Quan Chi then used his magic to turn Scorpion into a wraith and fuelled his anger by killing his entire clan and staging it so it looked like it was Sub-Zero who did it. And thus Scorpion killed Sub-Zero in the first game.

Dude, I played Mythologies, of course. If I didn't, I couldn't make this assumption. I know this story, it's the story of my favorite characters. I think Sub-Zero had no reason to kill Hanzo. He mastered him, Hanzo was almost faiting when asked to be spared. The worst excuse EVER was "I had no choice/then I would be the dead one". He killed Hanzo and he paid the price for that, as Scorpion paid the price later. That's the price for bloodshed.

And Quan Chi hired them to get the Map of Elements, Scorpion had no knowledge of The Amulet. And this "Shirai Ryu are betrayers of Lin Kuei/ wear yellow to mock" is the most hollow thing they have written so far. Cyrax isn't mocking himself.

Dude, I played Mythologies, of course. If I didn't, I couldn't make this assumption. I know this story, it's the story of my favorite characters. I think Sub-Zero had no reason to kill Hanzo. He mastered him, Hanzo was almost faiting when asked to be spared. The worst excuse EVER was "I had no choice/then I would be the dead one". He killed Hanzo and he paid the price for that, as Scorpion paid the price later. That's the price for bloodshed.

And Quan Chi hired them to get the Map of Elements, Scorpion had no knowledge of The Amulet. And this "Shirai Ryu are betrayers of Lin Kuei/ wear yellow to mock" is the most hollow thing they have written so far. Cyrax isn't mocking himself.

Bi-Han was the cynical, cold-hearted assassin of the two brothers. The only reason he needed to kill Hanzo was that his Grandmaster ordered it. They were from rival clans, they would kill eachother on sight, and they were ordered to do so by their superiours. They were assassins! So yes, he had a reason. Nothing personal though.

Bi-Han was the cynical, cold-hearted assassin of the two brothers. The only reason he needed to kill Hanzo was that his Grandmaster ordered it. They were from rival clans, they would kill eachother on sight, and they were ordered to do so by their superiours. They were assassins! So yes, he had a reason. Nothing personal though.

That's exactly the point. His Grandmaster ordered it. Wanna remember another BS change on MK lore?

MKII: Kuai Liang is recognized as not being Scorpion's killer because the hellspawn spares the life of a fighter.

What do we see on MK9? "I would kill you. But that's not my purpose".

IMO, Scorpion & Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) story dealt with consequences. Hanzo is a legendary fighter, but as human he had lesser chances of beating Sub-Zero. So, Sub-Zero could have spared him (as Raiden would ask Scorpion on MK9) and by doing that he would save himself from having his killer. At the same time, he was saving himself from becoming Noob Saibot.

He could have easily picked the map, turned his back, and climbed up the rope. It would make no difference for him. But he has chosen to kill, and paid the price. That's exactly what the comics are dealign with: bloodshed and its consequences.

If now Bi-Han is not Hanzo's killer, that just breaks all the feedback process, and makes Sub-Zero a victim, Hanzo a victim/pawn and Quan Chi an a-hole. I prefer the original, where Bi-Han was an a-hole, but was innocent for one crime, and was unjustly murdered (because Scorpion wasn't caring for his death anymore, but for his family), Quan Chi made both toys, acquired The Amulet, used Scorpion, made him kill Bi-Han, created NS, turned Noob against Kuai Liang, fooled Shinnok and bested Shang Tsung as a-hole of the series.

That's exactly the point. His Grandmaster ordered it. Wanna remember another BS change on MK lore?

MKII: Kuai Liang is recognized as not being Scorpion's killer because the hellspawn spares the life of a fighter.

What do we see on MK9? "I would kill you. But that's not my purpose".

IMO, Scorpion & Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) story dealt with consequences. Hanzo is a legendary fighter, but as human he had lesser chances of beating Sub-Zero. So, Sub-Zero could have spared him (as Raiden would ask Scorpion on MK9) and by doing that he would save himself from having his killer. At the same time, he was saving himself from becoming Noob Saibot.

He could have easily picked the map, turned his back, and climbed up the rope. It would make no difference for him. But he has chosen to kill, and paid the price. That's exactly what the comics are dealign with: bloodshed and its consequences.

If now Bi-Han is not Hanzo's killer, that just breaks all the feedback process, and makes Sub-Zero a victim, Hanzo a victim/pawn and Quan Chi an a-hole. I prefer the original, where Bi-Han was an a-hole, but was innocent for one crime, and was unjustly murdered (because Scorpion wasn't caring for his death anymore, but for his family), Quan Chi made both toys, acquired The Amulet, used Scorpion, made him kill Bi-Han, created NS, turned Noob against Kuai Liang, fooled Shinnok and bested Shang Tsung as a-hole of the series.

But what makes you think Bi-Han doesn't kill Scorpion in the comics? From the preview, it seems pretty obvious to me.

But what makes you think Bi-Han doesn't kill Scorpion in the comics? From the preview, it seems pretty obvious to me.

Because it would make him kill his family. Notice his wife and child are covered on ice.

So, or Quan Chi was transformed into Sub-Zero and killed Hanzo, wife and child, or Bi-Han killed Hanzo, his wife and child, and that would be the worst distortion ever, because Sub-Zero is innocent of his family's death.

Because it would make him kill his family. Notice his wife and child are covered on ice.

So, or Quan Chi was transformed into Sub-Zero and killed Hanzo, wife and child, or Bi-Han killed Hanzo, his wife and child, and that would be the worst distortion ever, because Sub-Zero is innocent of his family's death.

There could be many options here. Quan Chi could be the one doing all this and then effing up Scorpion's head to make him believe it was Sub-Zero. Or maybe it is indeed Sub-Zero who's done it all, both killing Scorpion and his family and clan. Maybe Sub-Zero only killed Scorpion, and Quan Chi is putting the other memories into Scorpion's head, blaming Sub-Zero for the rest.

We'll just have to wait and see...

There could be many options here. Quan Chi could be the one doing all this and then effing up Scorpion's head to make him believe it was Sub-Zero. Or maybe it is indeed Sub-Zero who's done it all, both killing Scorpion and his family and clan. Maybe Sub-Zero only killed Scorpion, and Quan Chi is putting the other memories into Scorpion's head, blaming Sub-Zero for the rest.

We'll just have to wait and see...

Yes, we will have to wait. But see how it seems likely that they changed the story for no reason and put the characters into a situtation very different from the beginning?

Even if Quan Chi put those memories on Hanzo. That could mean he didn't took revenge against Quan Chi (good), but what about the false image of Sub-Zero? Very confusing.

Or maybe it is indeed Sub-Zero who's done it all, both killing Scorpion and his family and clan.

That's the scenario that people aren't pleased with, if it turns out to be true.
The comic writer is making it seem (by that preview) that Sub-Zero killed Hanzo AND his family, which if true is a story retcon that screws up the whole Scorpion / Bi-Han continuity from MK9.
Thus, Bi-Han would have no chance at redemption and burying the hatchet with Scorpion in MKX, if true.
Sub-Zero ONLY killed Hanzo, not his family.

Personally I don't mind either way, because... well, it's just Scorpion. I never really liked him, so whatever they choose to do with him is out of my care until they make a change to make him interesting. I was actually feeling some hope for Scorpion when we first heard about him no longer being a mindless spectre of revenge and actually pulled his shit together and recreated the Shirai Ryu clan... but all signs points to him just turning back into his same old boring vengeful self. :/

I was actually feeling some hope for Scorpion when we first heard about him no longer being a mindless spectre of revenge and actually pulled his shit together and recreated the Shirai Ryu clan... but all signs points to him just turning back into his same old boring vengeful self. :/

What? No they don't. If ever he was going to break down and go back to his vengeful ways, it would be immediately after the new Shirai Ryu massacre. And he didn't. In fact, the latest comic preview shows that he cares more about Takeda's safety, and Raiden being under the dagger's control, than he does about getting any kind of revenge for Raiden lying about the dagger.

I see absolutely nothing in here to suggest that Scorpion is anything but a new man.

I admit, I kinda like how he is in the comics. But in the game, he's the same Scorpion as always.

We don't even know hahahaha he even got a fully human appearance.

He will probably play bad on NRW and balanced the rest of the game.

I doubt Takeda would be with the "good guys" if he didn't instructed him to.

Besides, seems like he and Raiden will be allies after Takeda goes to the Netherrealm Elder God knows how.

I admit, I kinda like how he is in the comics. But in the game, he's the same Scorpion as always.

Something tells me Takeda chose to leave Scorpion, because he was going back being all RARGH REVENGE again... but we'll see.

But you don't actually know that he does go back at all. We haven't seen Scorpion in the actual story mode of the game at all, just in the character intros; and those aren't a good indicator of character development because they just give excuses for characters to fight and don't all take place at one specific point in the game. Heck, even then, Scorpion mentions in one of his intros with Kitana that hatred no longer powers him.

But you don't actually know that he does go back at all. We haven't seen Scorpion in the actual story mode of the game at all, just in the character intros; and those aren't a good indicator of character development because they just give excuses for characters to fight. Heck, even then, Scorpion mentions in one of his intros with Kitana that hatred no longer powers him.

Hence why I said "but we'll see". Because I don't know. However, that is my guess.