SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

I think the comic pretty much confirms Kenshi as a character as well as Takeda (future, grown up). Fits in with Ed Boon's whole, "time travel, different generations, will see fighters' kids as characters too" concept.

The description for issue #5 is on Google Play
Spoiler:
Cassie Cage must take down a surprise (and deadly) opponent--Frost! Meanwhile, Sonya's "discussions" with Kotal Kahn take an unexpected turn...

edit: Who wants to make a bet that
Spoiler:
Cassie kills Frost :p

Last edited:
Spoiler:
Cassie Cage must take down a surprise (and deadly) opponent--Frost! Meanwhile, Sonya's "discussions" with Kotal Kahn take an unexpected turn...

Spoiler:

Sorry, I cannot find the comic on the google play store.... Could you send me the link?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
So, comic #5 takes place in the further future?
I'm guessing the 15 or 20 year mark of the MKX story.
Sweet.

Spoiler:
I sooooooooooo hope that it's true and Cassie kills Frost.

Spoiler:
Sweet.

Spoiler:
I sooooooooooo hope that it's true and Cassie kills Frost.
Spoiler:
I actually wanted Sub-Zero to kill her, but there's also a chance that Frost escapes Cassie Cage and then Sub-Zero kills her. Whatever happens it'll be nice and fun to see Frost and Cassie fighting.

Spoiler:
I actually wanted Sub-Zero to kill her, but there's also a chance that Frost escapes Cassie Cage and then Sub-Zero kills her. Whatever happens it'll be nice and fun to see Frost and Cassie fighting.

Spoiler:
I don't mind who kills her off.
I'm just hoping that someone kills her off the way that Hsu Hao got killed in the comic. :laugh:

Spoiler:
I'm guessing the 15 or 20 year mark of the MKX story.
Sweet.

Spoiler:
Don't see why this wouldn't be at the 15 year mark, as that's already been said to be where most of the comic is going to take place after that first chapter. It's where they're going to be sticking for the most part, as Kittelsen has ideas for years and years of stories in that period, with some flashbacks.

Yes kill off most of the mk4 characters with classic and new characters lol

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

Spoiler:
Don't see why this wouldn't be at the 15 year mark, as that's already been said to be where most of the comic is going to take place after that first chapter. It's where they're going to be sticking for the most part, as Kittelsen has ideas for years and years of stories in that period, with some flashbacks.

Spoiler:
Yup. Exactly.
I'm leaning closer to the 20 or 25 year mark, though, as I personally don't see an adolescent Cassie defeating Frost, especially after just having fought in her first MMA death match.
I'm pretty sure that an older Cassie with more experience under her belt could take down a Cryomancer, but not newbie Cassie Cage.

I hope not. That'll get old pretty fast.

"What shitty character should we kill off next?"

How about instead of that, they make the shitty characters cooler?

Last edited:
Spoiler:
Yup. Exactly.
I'm leaning closer to the 20 or 25 year mark, though, as I personally don't see an adolescent Cassie defeating Frost, especially after just having fought in her first MMA death match.
I'm pretty sure that an older Cassie with more experience under her belt could take down a Cryomancer, but not newbie Cassie Cage.
Spoiler:
Frost being killed by a 8-10 would be hilarious tho. :twisted:

Spoiler:
Yup. Exactly.

Spoiler:
Kittelsen's outright said Cassie's going to be a teenager in the comic in several interviews, though. He wants to focus on her adolescence and being raised by Johnny and Sonya, not her adulthood. He hasn't said anything about skipping ahead to after 15 years; it really, really sounds like that's where we'll be sticking for the "present" for the rest of the comic, excluding flashbacks, as he's even said some characters won't be in the comic because of that due to being dead or in hiding during this period.

Johnny and Sonya's training could allow teen Cassie to take down Frost. Teens defeating adults in martial arts fights is not unheard of when it comes to comic books.

Spoiler:
Frost being killed by a 8-10 would be hilarious tho. :twisted:

Spoiler:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I would love to see that happen. :twisted:
I just don't see it as likely. :laugh:

Spoiler:
Kittelsen's outright said Cassie's going to be a teenager in the comic in several interviews, though. He wants to focus on her adolescence and being raised by Johnny and Sonya, not her adulthood. He hasn't said anything about skipping ahead to after 15 years; it really, really sounds like that's where we'll be sticking for the "present" for the rest of the comic, excluding flashbacks, as he's even said some characters won't be in the comic because of that due to being dead or in hiding during this period.

Johnny and Sonya's training could allow teen Cassie to take down Frost. Teens defeating adults in martial arts fights is not unheard of when it comes to comic books.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I guess.
I meant more that I just don't expect 8 to 10 year old Cassie to defeat Frost, which I would love to see regardless.

That's sounds good to me lol
They should make Kia all likable....just to have him get killed by Mileena or someone else.

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."