SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

They're going to be one of the big villainous groups of the comic series and that's it. I'm almost 100% on this.

Agreed with this.
The Red Dragon aren't even 1 of the 5 factions that can be joined for online mode in the game.
I'm getting the eerie feeling that Kano will somehow use the "cursed" Kamidogu dagger to wipe out the Red Dragon, in the comic that has Kano on the cover.

I think it was ed at one e3 interview...

He said that it would be something that would surprise most people. I think he hinted at it being someone who use to be good, but wasn't clear about it. He also said the Lin Kuei have a sea of subzeros so that should also be in consideration of who the one in the game is.

He also said the Lin Kuei have a sea of subzeros so that should also be in consideration of who the one in the game is.

That was likely done by Ed to throw people off.
The MKX gameplay intros (thus far) say otherwise that this MKX Sub-Zero is 1 of the 2 brothers.

IGN: It was a surprise to see Kenshi’s son be a focal point of the story. Will we see him grow up to be a character in the game?

Kittelsen: And there are more surprises to come! Which is why it’s hard for me to avoid spoilers. I will say this: Just because you see a character in the comic, that doesn’t guarantee you’ll see them in the game. Will Takeda survive to see adulthood in the game? You’ll have to read the comic – and pay attention to Ed Boon’s Twitter account — to find out. For now, let’s just say that Takeda plays a very important role in Scorpion/Hanzo’s journey in this series.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...ins-of-kotal-kahn-dvorah-other-new-characters

Takeda hinted as a possible playable character for the game?

Thoughts?

Fuq yea a descendant!

Takeda will definitely be a fan favorite since he is being developed. Unlinke the side characters in the 3D era (not that I hated them, I like all MK characters)

Daegon is one of the most generic characters ever, why people want him (and especially as the big bad) is beyound me. Even Mokap and Kobra are less boring than him

"You’ll meet young Cassie Cage in Chapter 4, and in Chapter 6 you’ll see the secret origin of Kotal Kahn."

Can't wait!

Daegon is one of the most generic characters ever, why people want him (and especially as the big bad) is beyound me. Even Mokap and Kobra are less boring than him

It's not that I want him as the boss, but I think he plays important role on the series. It's not exactly because of him, but what he represents. I wouldn't be surprised if he is someone important to beat, and I think they can do better job with him.

Important to what? Armageddon again? No, thank you.
If Red Dragon must be represented in the game, give me some completely new character. You know, the one who will have the looks, the story behind and moveset.

I still think that all the crappy characters they had must give their good moves to someone else, cause the other way these moves are wasted for nothing:
Taven had time control tricks and this slide forward and punches in the guts
Kobra had Fiery Axe Kick
Hsu Hao had thunder clap and heart laser beam
Hotaru had this Shang Tsung MK3 like fireball
Li Mei had flying punches
Jarek had his whip in MKA
Kai had this "shadow" roundhouse in MK4

I think with little additions there will be enough material to make new character's moveset from it.

Important to what? Armageddon again? No, thank you.
If Red Dragon must be represented in the game, give me some completely new character. You know, the one who will have the looks, the story behind and moveset.

I still think that all the crappy characters they had must give their good moves to someone else, cause the other way these moves are wasted for nothing:
Taven had time control tricks and this slide forward and punches in the guts
Kobra had Fiery Axe Kick
Hsu Hao had thunder clap and heart laser beam
Hotaru had this Shang Tsung MK3 like fireball
Li Mei had flying punches
Jarek had his whip in MKA
Kai had this "shadow" roundhouse in MK4

I think with little additions there will be enough material to make new character's moveset from it.

Li Mei is one of my favorite post MK3 characters, why don't you like her? Just asking, her powers are awesome and she's one of the most developed post MK3 characters, with a small revamp I think she would fit perfectly in MKX (not likely though:()

Compared to post MK4 characters, Li Mei is fine, but she really lacks something special for her moveset, or finisher or apperance.
Kitana have her deadly fans, Jade is invincible to fireballs and have razorrangs and stick, Mileena have sai and she is a tarkatan, plus Mileena have this ground roll and falling teleport kick, and Jade borrowed shadow kick from Cage very well.
Li Mei looks nothing special, have generic fireball, 1 flip flop and 1 original move, she was developed into something in MKD, yes, but her moveset wasn't updated and her finishers were boring.
I think Nitara, being a vampire, have a lot more base to built upon, than Li Mei.

Kira as Black Dragon female was a great concept, she had good finishers, but being just another Kano clone movesetwise throw her right down in the pit of horrible characters in my opinion.
Anyway, i always wanted Nitara to look something like this (especially the wings part):
Spoiler:
1352841395-0178946-www.nevsepic.com.ua.jpg

If Kano's the reason for Kuai Liang's (assuming that Sub-Zero is Kuai Liang) eye scar, then he is already getting more importance than he did in the previous 5 games :twisted: And it's refreshing that he is getting to do more than just being followed around by Sonya Blade, although i am hoping their rivalry still exists. Also it seems like he's going to be involved in the main plot, at least in the comics.

-Yeah i find it very intriguing that he is already involved in a different storyline with Sub Zero. And the way h gave him that Scar was brutal. I've always loved Kano and in my mind, Kano is a dirty fighter/survivor. So for him to be able to sneak one up on Sub Zero gives me hope that he is a damn good foe and someone you hope not to come across. I also hope that his rivalry with Sonya is explained. Not so much continued. it would be nice to put that to rest...for the time being at least.

- As for the rest of the comic. AMAZING!!!! Within the 1st few pages, Scorpion decimates Hsu Hao. (even though i admit he looked cool as hell).
- Kenshi's son! Shirai Ryu rebuilt! Mentioning of Daegon & Mavado. Im still not a fan of them, nor do i want them in the game, but i am interested in how they will look and what their role in the story will be!
- Finally Sub Zero, looked alil weird to me but in a good way, But you're right...which Sub Zero is it?

Man the anticipation for the next one is building already lol!

I thought you could understand that Kano finally became something important after Quan Chi reveal trailer, comics only proves it more. I hope the same was done for Reptile and Baraka, i'am tired of seeing this trio get their behinds kicked and get screwed around by everyone.