Variation Speculation

kadell

I'm making this thread for everyone to basically create variations for each character in the MK universe. I will be going through each character from Ashrah to Taven and think about what variations they could have. To speed up the process, I'm going to be doing 2 characters at a time.
(Note: Any character already CONFIRMED as PLAYABLE will not be listed due to obvious reasons)

The first two characters I will be doing are Ashrah and Baraka.

Ashrah
-Witchcraft Variation: Ashrah can use voodoo style moves to manipulate the way her opponents perform their moves.
-Slayer Variation: Ashrah uses her Kriss for a majority of her moves. She does best in melee combat.
-Mage Variation: Ashrah uses the power of her magical abilities. This is best for long-range attacks.

Baraka
-Blade Master Variation: Baraka uses his impressive arm blade skills to end his combos in skillful ways.
-Ruthless Variation: Baraka uses a multitude of very ruthless and brutal moves that are slower but deal greater damage. Teeth included.
-(I can't think of a third variation)

Last edited:
Ashrah's variations sound BAD-FRICKING-ASS. I'd play her Witchcraft variation in a blink of an eye ;)

Taven

Common special moves in all three variations:
- Ring of Hatred: Taven jumps in the air and punches the ground causing a shockwave of fire all over the field. An enhanced version will allow long fire balls to form an arc from the ground for a second hit over the opponent.
- Godly Charge: Taven charges forward towards the opponent. If he is successful, the opponent burns next to Taven and can be punished. The enhanced version has invencible armor.
- Speed of Light: Taven dashes instantly, connecting with three punches or kicks depending on the input. An enhanced version allows Taven to dash either forward or back to perform low or overhead punches/kicks on the ground but also in the air.
- Burning Hug: Taven can grab and turn his opponents into a firespawn, losing a considerable amount of health. Used as a combo finisher. The enhanced version adds an additional pop-up for more combos.

Time Control Variation: Taven has a light blue aura on his fists.
Taven can stop time for a few seconds (the time during the match is interrupted) in order to freeze opponents. It can either be used for defensively (anti-zoning and anti-rushing) escaping from attacks and for offensively getting closer to your opponents. For balance reasons, depending on many seconds he spends, he can lose a significant amount of health bar each time he stops time.

Edenian Demigod Variation: Taven's armor glows in light blue.
Taven makes use of his special armor and has more rushing material, being able to finish his combos with powerful fire punches and kicks. He is also able to summon lava once he smashes his fist into the ground and summon huge fireballs from vulcanos that fall from the skies over his opponents. His special armor can offer him the ability to suffer more attacks for lesser damage for a short amount of time.

Twin Dragons Variation: Taven's dragon tatoo has a light blue colour on his face.
Taven can extend combos and zone out the entire field by summoning Orin and Caro to perform special moves. Orin can open fire portals so that both Taven or his opponents can enter for more longer combos and Caro can breathe out fire all over the field (Taven is immune to it) that can stun the opponent so that Taven can freely punish him.

Don't worry, I know I am the only Taven fan on Earth LOOOL

Last edited:
Reptile:

Predator - Focus on his invisibility move (chameleon/vanish) and a juggernaut style dash. Teleport style move to "ambush" opponents.
Saurian - Multiple acid based attacks to take control of the field and go ranged.
Maimer - Has his Kirehashi sword from DA and moves designed to use teeth and claws in brutal close quarters.

Now, Blaze and Bo Rai Cho

Blaze
-Specter Variation: His moves are more passive and hand-to-hand. He can also use teleportation skills.
-Firespawn Variation: Blaze has an arsenal of fire based attacks that can go from ranged fire control to adding an extra attack to combos.
-Pyramid Champion Variation: Blaze can switch on and off with his bulky version to increase the power of his skills or gain a sort of boss armor.

Bo Rai Cho
-Drunken Variation: He can perform wildcard-style attacks which can turn into lengthy combo chains if used correctly.
-Dojo Master Variation: He uses the skills in combination to his cane, which is use for multiple pop-up style attacks.
-Sumo Variation: He sacrifices his combo abilities for a more grapple style variation. He also gains limited resistance to knock-back attacks.

Since I can't think of anything for chameleon and Cyrax, I'm gonna skip them and go to Daegon and Dairou.

Daegon
-Dragon Slayer Variation: Daegon has full controll of the powers of Caro. He can use the portals to send his fiery attacks behind or above his enemies.
-Demi-God Variation: Daegon has the power to summon mini dragons at will to attack/distract his opponents.
-Red Dragon Variation: Daegon gains a power bonus towards his physical moveset.

Dairou
-Assassin Variation: Dairou's attack speed is quicker but weaker. However, his Iron Leg skill can be charged to become a critical hit.
-Honored Variation: Dairou's Tombstone drop can now be used in the middle of a combo if it was first used to start the combo.
-Armored Knight Variation: Dairou's attacks are much slower, but the power of his uppercut is increased vastly when an opponent uses a +5 hit combo against him. He also takes 15% less damage from attacks.

Mileena - Sais used in every variation
1) Tarkatan Rush - Doesn't wear a veil, bearing her teeth. Adds bite attacks.
2) Empress - Wears a headpiece similar in appearance to Shao Kahn's helmet, only more feminine. Adds shadow attacks inspired by her father.
3) Seductress - Distracts your opponent with added cleavage. :vroam:

Ashrah - Kriss blade used in every variation
1) Penance - Carries a small wooden doll. Adds voodoo attacks.
2) Divine - Wears the veiled sedge hat. Adds attacks based on her holy light powers.
3) Demon Within - Adds attacks based on her hidden demon form.