Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 108

Thread: Kung Lao opinion polls

  1. #1
    BANALITY
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    280
    Thanked: 49
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Kung Lao opinion polls

    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/80290...08?results=1#1

    Seems like the majority are disappointed in his return, I hope NRS feel like the tards they are....

  2. #2
    Black Dragon Recruit vetalfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    667
    Thanked: 146
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    The thing is, NRS will not cut Kung Lao from MKX roster, especially when it's like 50/50 reaction about his reveal.
    Boon is all about competetive scene today and Kung Lao was in top 10 characters there, that's his reason to bring Lao back, now it's Vogel's job to make an excuse fans can accept storywise.
    I think we will see the reveals of Cyrax, Kenshi, Kitana and Kabal sooner than later, so competetive pro scene will love the game already.
    EVO first, story second...unfortunelly.

    Still i hope for characters like Tanya, Reiko, Sareena and Tremor make it into the roster and the series move on from MKT times.
    sorry for my english

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetalfox For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    BANALITY
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    280
    Thanked: 49
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    heres an idea, why not make new characters forcing the tournament scene to use....new characters? as its a NEW game....why make mkx to include legacy characters we have seen since 1993 to have the play them same in a new game? Im losing all hype and faith with this game, how stupid....NRS you done fvcked up...


    I mean, aside from the weak copout excuses, how could he be back, oh he was resurrected? ok lame....what else can you say? He didnt have a big role to play, he wasnt raidens chosen one, nothing he died in mk9 during the 2nd tourney and that was it....no reasoning can justify his return....

  5. #4
    Shaolin Monk Killer Ryno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,029
    Xbox Live
    SnDxKILLER RYNO
    PSN
    ryan9710
    Steam
    ryan9710
    Thanked: 64
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Im not mad at him being announced, quite the contrary actually, but similar to those who are dissapointed, I really hope they give a good reason for him returning

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Killer Ryno For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    76
    Thanked: 22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    man ellech .. dont u even dare to buy mk x .. all u do is complain man .. if u buy this game u are the biggest hypocrit evs ..

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyoko-Manjii For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    BANALITY
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    280
    Thanked: 49
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    I love mk, I just want them to follow up and deliver on what they said, how is that bad?

    Why is it people call criticism whining? They said this will be a brand new mk, no rehashs, next generation, descendants, more new characters then ever, it will follow mk9....now...kung lao....is that not ok to critique?

  10. #7
    Shaolin Monk Kickinwing420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,431
    Xbox Live
    Not Sure 420x
    Thanked: 425
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Why haven't you been banned yet?

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kickinwing420 For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    76
    Thanked: 22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    just because the bring back ONE char u assume its going to be mk9 all over again .. as i told u before .. be patient and wait till the game comes out .. if its not as good as u want it to be at that time .. feel free but for now .. have patience and trust in nrs

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyoko-Manjii For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Tarkatan Warrior chackalacka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    443
    Thanked: 91
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by ellechbura View Post
    I love mk, I just want them to follow up and deliver on what they said, how is that bad?

    Why is it people call criticism whining? They said this will be a brand new mk, no rehashs, next generation, descendants, more new characters then ever, it will follow mk9....now...kung lao....is that not ok to critique?
    If they add more new characters than old characters, then it would just be more of a new game all together. Since MKX is so different compared to the other MK games, it needs to have enough returning characters (including post mk3) so there is a good level of recognition, and at the same time its fun to see how older characters are molded and evolve into a newer generation of fighting games.

    In other words if you dont want old characters, play a brand new fighting game.. You will find many new characters there

  15. #10
    New Kombatant OnlyTanyaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Korea(well, born in)
    Age
    47
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    As one person who does not give crap on a story in a fighting game, I can care less as long as Lao plays well and done right. I can care less about story. I am one person who want MK to NOT have any story at all. Just playability. Though, I will get attacked by this.

    I am not a fan nor a hater for Kung, but what's done is done, if he's done right, that's just a bonus, provided, my favorite kharacter is in. If you don't likea character, don't use that character. simple as that. That's my philosophy.
    Got anything to sell? Is your E-bay fees too much? Then try this new site.
    http://www.net-steals.com
    Free Signup, No Listing fee for life, and final value fee ONLY if your items sells.

  16. #11
    Shaolin Monk Kickinwing420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,431
    Xbox Live
    Not Sure 420x
    Thanked: 425
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    I just hope none of the characters from Sindel's massacre make it back.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickinwing420 For This Useful Post:


  18. #12
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,012
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2884
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by chackalacka View Post
    If they add more new characters than old characters, then it would just be more of a new game all together. Since MKX is so different compared to the other MK games, it needs to have enough returning characters (including post mk3) so there is a good level of recognition, and at the same time its fun to see how older characters are molded and evolve into a newer generation of fighting games.

    In other words if you dont want old characters, play a brand new fighting game.. You will find many new characters there
    More of a new game is exactly what NRS has said that MKX would be, with an new story and more new characters than any previous MK game.
    Are you suggesting that characters like Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Kano and Goro aren't recognizable?

    In other words "If you don't want to see as many old characters or agree with my opinion, shut up and play something else."
    If Ed Boon didn't say more new characters than any MK game, then I could see where more old characters would be expected.
    The fact remains, though, that Boon has constantly harped on the notion of "descendants," "relatives" and more "new" characters than ever before , and the only ones are the ones that were shown at E3.
    The only "descendant" shown thus far is Cassie, and I don't see how revealing a new character would be a bad thing.
    For example: Quan Chi, NEW character, Kung Lao, NEW character, and so forth.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:


  20. #13
    Defender of EarthRealm
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,218
    Thanked: 1516
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    ellech, you should know better than to get anything from the gamefaqs' forum. Gamefaqs forums and the youtube comment section are the two worst places to pull opinions from, because there are so much acidic and toxicity in those places.

    ... Considering your recent posts though, they might be the perfect places for you to be, ellech.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to theincubuslord For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Special Forces Agent Yellow Ledbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,121
    PSN
    AMULETofSHINNOK
    Steam
    YellowLedbetter
    Thanked: 780
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Ryno View Post
    Im not mad at him being announced, quite the contrary actually, but similar to those who are dissapointed, I really hope they give a good reason for him returning
    That's the spirit.

  23. #15
    Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,985
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1726
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by ellechbura View Post
    heres an idea, why not make new characters forcing the tournament scene to use....new characters? as its a NEW game....why make mkx to include legacy characters we have seen since 1993 to have the play them same in a new game? Im losing all hype and faith with this game, how stupid....NRS you done fvcked up...


    I mean, aside from the weak copout excuses, how could he be back, oh he was resurrected? ok lame....what else can you say? He didnt have a big role to play, he wasnt raidens chosen one, nothing he died in mk9 during the 2nd tourney and that was it....no reasoning can justify his return....
    Why aren't you eating your crow?!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  24. #16
    Black Dragon Recruit sub-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    narragansett rhode island
    Age
    39
    Posts
    661
    Thanked: 88
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    I can see how there could be some upset over the return of KL. What keeps me hopeful is the inclusion of Quan Chi and the fact that he plays a "MAJOR" role in MK. QC is known to be a Necromancer of sorts, so that right there means that we could have potential warriors form all eras of MK, even the eras never put into game or film. See, Quanchi is somewhat of a meddler, he could have created a dimensional rift that allows for multiple realities to intrude on one another, hence Kung Lao's return. I personally believe that this is Great KL opposed to young, y Kung Lao. He somehow escaped from the netherrealm and seeks to defeat his nemesis Goro in battle, there by avenging his own death. Alternately, If Quan Chi can bring back Warriors, who's to say that the forces of light haven't brought their own champions along/ back to do battle with Quan chi's powerful army of wraiths? I like the Fact that KL is included because it opens the door for endless possibilities story wise

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to sub-one For This Useful Post:


  26. #17
    Shaolin Monk Rolling_Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,171
    Thanked: 321
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Why is everyone so mad about his return? it's gonna make a good story.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rolling_Toaster For This Useful Post:


  28. #18
    Tarkatan Warrior Vassil01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Age
    23
    Posts
    447
    Twitter
    @vassil01
    Steam
    vassils
    Thanked: 48
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by sub-one View Post
    I can see how there could be some upset over the return of KL. What keeps me hopeful is the inclusion of Quan Chi and the fact that he plays a "MAJOR" role in MK. QC is known to be a Necromancer of sorts, so that right there means that we could have potential warriors form all eras of MK, even the eras never put into game or film. See, Quanchi is somewhat of a meddler, he could have created a dimensional rift that allows for multiple realities to intrude on one another, hence Kung Lao's return. I personally believe that this is Great KL opposed to young, y Kung Lao. He somehow escaped from the netherrealm and seeks to defeat his nemesis Goro in battle, there by avenging his own death. Alternately, If Quan Chi can bring back Warriors, who's to say that the forces of light haven't brought their own champions along/ back to do battle with Quan chi's powerful army of wraiths? I like the Fact that KL is included because it opens the door for endless possibilities story wise
    Finally a positive thinking guy.. Why is everyone so upset about Kung Lao's returning? I know you guys want females and new characters instead of getting old things every time, but hey! They are keeping it for us to explore it, not just starting the game and already knowing everything.

    Sent from my S3PRO using Tapatalk

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Vassil01 For This Useful Post:


  30. #19
    BANALITY
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    280
    Thanked: 49
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    this is my problem, the constant ohh we can bring them back, we can resurrect them....if thats the case, what the hell is the point in killing them and making such a huge emphasis on the deaths, the sacrifices and the story only to bring them back in the most pathetic way...oh QC rezed them sa'll good...no not its not...And all you nay sayers, are denying the key thing here EVERY team member of NRS has sold this as a NEW generation, A NEW mk with more new characters then ever, making a we have enough old ones returnin from the 1-3 era, why not bring back some mk4 ones? WHY KL?!?!? He was one of the ones killed? What is the point?!?

    See for your self!!

    BERAN : The game’s not just a simple “two guys facing off and fighting each other to result in a fatality” — there’s much more to it than that. Even back in the “old school” days, there were load screens that told a story and gave out endings – that’s the only method we had at the time. Now we’re emphasizing the epic, cinematic story — MK9 in 2011 had an elaborate story mode retelling the game’s history and it was well received — it was a two-hour movie within the game.
    People get really wrapped up in the characters; in a way it’s very much like an ongoing soap opera that people get addicted to. We had big success with Injustice, and we’ll continue that with Mortal Kombat X with an even more elaborate story mode.
    MCD: What about the characters?
    SB: We’re introducing a ton of new characters. At the end of the last game, we killed off about half of the roster, so it’s a good way to breathe new life, literally, into the franchise. That doesn’t mean we won’t have returning favorites though."

    OK so, as far as I can see, the story matters, the dead would stay dead...and we would bring back the old favs, aint they dont that with kano? SZ, scorpion and raiden? Seriously....Where does KL fit in???!!

  31. #20
    Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,985
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1726
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    @ellechbura: I thought I told you to eat your crow! You were proven wrong fair and square, now go eat your crow!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Kung Lao
    By Jade in forum Mortal Kombat Kombatant Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 11:56 PM
  2. My Kung Lao
    By Snippy-Snap in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 01:57 AM
  3. Kung Lao?
    By Kung Lao87 in forum Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 02:17 PM
  4. Kung Lao is better...
    By pheonix in forum Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •