Kung Lao opinion polls

The thing is, NRS will not cut Kung Lao from MKX roster, especially when it's like 50/50 reaction about his reveal.
Boon is all about competetive scene today and Kung Lao was in top 10 characters there, that's his reason to bring Lao back, now it's Vogel's job to make an excuse fans can accept storywise.
I think we will see the reveals of Cyrax, Kenshi, Kitana and Kabal sooner than later, so competetive pro scene will love the game already.
EVO first, story second...unfortunelly.

Still i hope for characters like Tanya, Reiko, Sareena and Tremor make it into the roster and the series move on from MKT times.

heres an idea, why not make new characters forcing the tournament scene to use....new characters? as its a NEW game....why make mkx to include legacy characters we have seen since 1993 to have the play them same in a new game? Im losing all hype and faith with this game, how stupid....NRS you done fvcked up...

I mean, aside from the weak copout excuses, how could he be back, oh he was resurrected? ok lame....what else can you say? He didnt have a big role to play, he wasnt raidens chosen one, nothing he died in mk9 during the 2nd tourney and that was it....no reasoning can justify his return....

Im not mad at him being announced, quite the contrary actually, but similar to those who are dissapointed, I really hope they give a good reason for him returning

man ellech .. dont u even dare to buy mk x .. all u do is complain man .. if u buy this game u are the biggest hypocrit evs ..

I love mk, I just want them to follow up and deliver on what they said, how is that bad?

Why is it people call criticism whining? They said this will be a brand new mk, no rehashs, next generation, descendants, more new characters then ever, it will follow mk9....now...kung lao....is that not ok to critique?

just because the bring back ONE char u assume its going to be mk9 all over again .. as i told u before .. be patient and wait till the game comes out .. if its not as good as u want it to be at that time .. feel free but for now .. have patience and trust in nrs

I love mk, I just want them to follow up and deliver on what they said, how is that bad?

Why is it people call criticism whining? They said this will be a brand new mk, no rehashs, next generation, descendants, more new characters then ever, it will follow mk9....now...kung lao....is that not ok to critique?

If they add more new characters than old characters, then it would just be more of a new game all together. Since MKX is so different compared to the other MK games, it needs to have enough returning characters (including post mk3) so there is a good level of recognition, and at the same time its fun to see how older characters are molded and evolve into a newer generation of fighting games.

In other words if you dont want old characters, play a brand new fighting game.. You will find many new characters there

As one person who does not give crap on a story in a fighting game, I can care less as long as Lao plays well and done right. I can care less about story. I am one person who want MK to NOT have any story at all. Just playability. Though, I will get attacked by this.

I am not a fan nor a hater for Kung, but what's done is done, if he's done right, that's just a bonus, provided, my favorite kharacter is in. If you don't likea character, don't use that character. simple as that. That's my philosophy.

If they add more new characters than old characters, then it would just be more of a new game all together. Since MKX is so different compared to the other MK games, it needs to have enough returning characters (including post mk3) so there is a good level of recognition, and at the same time its fun to see how older characters are molded and evolve into a newer generation of fighting games.

In other words if you dont want old characters, play a brand new fighting game.. You will find many new characters there

More of a new game is exactly what NRS has said that MKX would be, with an new story and more new characters than any previous MK game.
Are you suggesting that characters like Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Kano and Goro aren't recognizable?

In other words "If you don't want to see as many old characters or agree with my opinion, shut up and play something else."
If Ed Boon didn't say more new characters than any MK game, then I could see where more old characters would be expected.
The fact remains, though, that Boon has constantly harped on the notion of "descendants," "relatives" and more "new" characters than ever before , and the only ones are the ones that were shown at E3.
The only "descendant" shown thus far is Cassie, and I don't see how revealing a new character would be a bad thing.
For example: Quan Chi, NEW character, Kung Lao, NEW character, and so forth.

ellech, you should know better than to get anything from the gamefaqs' forum. Gamefaqs forums and the youtube comment section are the two worst places to pull opinions from, because there are so much acidic and toxicity in those places.

... Considering your recent posts though, they might be the perfect places for you to be, ellech.

heres an idea, why not make new characters forcing the tournament scene to use....new characters? as its a NEW game....why make mkx to include legacy characters we have seen since 1993 to have the play them same in a new game? Im losing all hype and faith with this game, how stupid....NRS you done fvcked up...

I mean, aside from the weak copout excuses, how could he be back, oh he was resurrected? ok lame....what else can you say? He didnt have a big role to play, he wasnt raidens chosen one, nothing he died in mk9 during the 2nd tourney and that was it....no reasoning can justify his return....
Why aren't you eating your crow?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I can see how there could be some upset over the return of KL. What keeps me hopeful is the inclusion of Quan Chi and the fact that he plays a "MAJOR" role in MK. QC is known to be a Necromancer of sorts, so that right there means that we could have potential warriors form all eras of MK, even the eras never put into game or film. See, Quanchi is somewhat of a meddler, he could have created a dimensional rift that allows for multiple realities to intrude on one another, hence Kung Lao's return. I personally believe that this is Great KL opposed to young, y Kung Lao. He somehow escaped from the netherrealm and seeks to defeat his nemesis Goro in battle, there by avenging his own death. Alternately, If Quan Chi can bring back Warriors, who's to say that the forces of light haven't brought their own champions along/ back to do battle with Quan chi's powerful army of wraiths? I like the Fact that KL is included because it opens the door for endless possibilities story wise

I can see how there could be some upset over the return of KL. What keeps me hopeful is the inclusion of Quan Chi and the fact that he plays a "MAJOR" role in MK. QC is known to be a Necromancer of sorts, so that right there means that we could have potential warriors form all eras of MK, even the eras never put into game or film. See, Quanchi is somewhat of a meddler, he could have created a dimensional rift that allows for multiple realities to intrude on one another, hence Kung Lao's return. I personally believe that this is Great KL opposed to young, y Kung Lao. He somehow escaped from the netherrealm and seeks to defeat his nemesis Goro in battle, there by avenging his own death. Alternately, If Quan Chi can bring back Warriors, who's to say that the forces of light haven't brought their own champions along/ back to do battle with Quan chi's powerful army of wraiths? I like the Fact that KL is included because it opens the door for endless possibilities story wise

Finally a positive thinking guy.. Why is everyone so upset about Kung Lao's returning? I know you guys want females and new characters instead of getting old things every time, but hey! They are keeping it for us to explore it, not just starting the game and already knowing everything.

Sent from my S3PRO using Tapatalk

this is my problem, the constant ohh we can bring them back, we can resurrect them....if thats the case, what the hell is the point in killing them and making such a huge emphasis on the deaths, the sacrifices and the story only to bring them back in the most pathetic way...oh QC rezed them sa'll good...no not its not...And all you nay sayers, are denying the key thing here EVERY team member of NRS has sold this as a NEW generation, A NEW mk with more new characters then ever, making a we have enough old ones returnin from the 1-3 era, why not bring back some mk4 ones? WHY KL?!?!? He was one of the ones killed? What is the point?!?

See for your self!!

BERAN : The game’s not just a simple “two guys facing off and fighting each other to result in a fatality” — there’s much more to it than that. Even back in the “old school” days, there were load screens that told a story and gave out endings – that’s the only method we had at the time. Now we’re emphasizing the epic, cinematic story — MK9 in 2011 had an elaborate story mode retelling the game’s history and it was well received — it was a two-hour movie within the game.
People get really wrapped up in the characters; in a way it’s very much like an ongoing soap opera that people get addicted to. We had big success with Injustice, and we’ll continue that with Mortal Kombat X with an even more elaborate story mode.
MCD: What about the characters?
SB: We’re introducing a ton of new characters. At the end of the last game, we killed off about half of the roster, so it’s a good way to breathe new life, literally, into the franchise. That doesn’t mean we won’t have returning favorites though."

OK so, as far as I can see, the story matters, the dead would stay dead...and we would bring back the old favs, aint they dont that with kano? SZ, scorpion and raiden? Seriously....Where does KL fit in???!!

[MENTION=18222]ellechbura[/MENTION]: I thought I told you to eat your crow! You were proven wrong fair and square, now go eat your crow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk