Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 108

Thread: Kung Lao opinion polls

  1. #41
    Shaolin Monk jdnice11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,618
    PSN
    jdnice11
    Thanked: 187
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Im not exactly disappointed that he is back. definitely shocked, clearly he died in MK9 at Shao Kahns hands.

    depending on the Reason/Excuse why he was/how he was brought back will be my decision on if im disappointed or not!

    I DON'T do FAIR

  2. #42
    Special Forces Agent Yellow Ledbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,121
    PSN
    AMULETofSHINNOK
    Steam
    YellowLedbetter
    Thanked: 780
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by vetalfox View Post
    I think Quan Chi will want to have Raiden's amulet, since it tells the possible future events.
    ohohoho nice one!

    I don't know if he could see the events, but I have completely forgotten his "crystal ball". Quan Chi would find any use for that!

  3. #43
    Ruler of NetherRealm Ricochetmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,144
    Thanked: 886
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by jdnice11 View Post
    Im not exactly disappointed that he is back. definitely shocked, clearly he died in MK9 at Shao Kahns hands.

    depending on the Reason/Excuse why he was/how he was brought back will be my decision on if im disappointed or not!
    I think the surging disappointment right now is due to the long dry spell we had ending with a Kung Lao reveal. They should have kept him a secret until release day or something.

  4. #44
    Tarkatan Warrior ironRod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    495
    Thanked: 56
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by ellechbura View Post
    this is my problem, the constant ohh we can bring them back, we can resurrect them....if thats the case, what the hell is the point in killing them and making such a huge emphasis on the deaths, the sacrifices and the story only to bring them back in the most pathetic way...oh QC rezed them sa'll good...no not its not...And all you nay sayers, are denying the key thing here EVERY team member of NRS has sold this as a NEW generation, A NEW mk with more new characters then ever, making a we have enough old ones returnin from the 1-3 era, why not bring back some mk4 ones? WHY KL?!?!? He was one of the ones killed? What is the point?!?

    See for your self!!

    BERAN : The game’s not just a simple “two guys facing off and fighting each other to result in a fatality” — there’s much more to it than that. Even back in the “old school” days, there were load screens that told a story and gave out endings – that’s the only method we had at the time. Now we’re emphasizing the epic, cinematic story — MK9 in 2011 had an elaborate story mode retelling the game’s history and it was well received — it was a two-hour movie within the game.
    People get really wrapped up in the characters; in a way it’s very much like an ongoing soap opera that people get addicted to. We had big success with Injustice, and we’ll continue that with Mortal Kombat X with an even more elaborate story mode.
    MCD: What about the characters?
    SB: We’re introducing a ton of new characters. At the end of the last game, we killed off about half of the roster, so it’s a good way to breathe new life, literally, into the franchise. That doesn’t mean we won’t have returning favorites though."

    OK so, as far as I can see, the story matters, the dead would stay dead...and we would bring back the old favs, aint they dont that with kano? SZ, scorpion and raiden? Seriously....Where does KL fit in???!!
    key sentence. -that doesn't mean we wont have returning favorites though-

    that preety much sums it up.

  5. #45
    Shaolin Monk Dedamn666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pontecarlo UK
    Posts
    1,628
    Twitter
    @**** knows zombiewoof bat i think
    Xbox Live
    none bought the right console
    PSN
    zombie665
    Thanked: 192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Haters don't get it. It's a fighting game franchise. You need returning fan favorites, story is an excuse to tie it together with a loose narrative. A good reason would be he was resurrected or survived or he is a new person going by the name of Kung Lao. Christ sake it's not real at the end of the day. I am really happy he is back.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dedamn666 For This Useful Post:


  7. #46
    BANALITY
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    280
    Thanked: 49
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    it simple it cant be explained with out being dumb....Subzero, well, hes lin kue,, there are other cryomancers, other sz's.....IM hopigng this sz a new one completely, keep it fresh...

    there is not a sea of kung laos in the white lotus, practicing using a bladed hat, so its not anothers person....an i doubt its GKL....

    based on that alone, there are other characters that could come back, sooooo easily with out the idiotic res plot.....Smoke, hes not really a human, but an enenra, explanation? His human body was destroyed so he re-manifested again, justifying his new human look...done....and then helps raiden, or the new sub...

    Kabal, as much as i loathe him, was only stepped on, so its vague enough, that kano could find him, fix him up with bionics, bingo hes back... god i even woulda accepted liu kang revived by quanchi to tuirn on raiden, IT would have made SENSE...KL makes NONE.

    I mean for sake of story an originality, why no keep kl and lk dead, or at least kl....and after johnny being one of the only good aligned earth realm fighters, who survived and was close to raiden, why not make him give up his holly wood life after the events, and have raiden make him the new leader of the white lotus, after proving him self....think about what a heavy burden and responsibility that would be for mkx? But no....Kung lao....same old tired shit....

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ellechbura For This Useful Post:


  9. #47
    Shaolin Monk jdnice11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,618
    PSN
    jdnice11
    Thanked: 187
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    I think the surging disappointment right now is due to the long dry spell we had ending with a Kung Lao reveal. They should have kept him a secret until release day or something.
    Makes alot of sense!

    I DON'T do FAIR

  10. #48
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,123
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2908
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by chackalacka View Post
    I am not saying new characters should not be introduced. Infact I want there to be plenty of new characters, but not taking up over half of the roster.
    I had no problem with Deadly Alliance, which had 11 new characters and I'd have no problem at all if MKX had a total roster of 32, with 16 being new.
    MK would have gotten stale for me, a long time ago, if I never gave the post-MK3 games a chance.
    That's all that I'm saying.
    I don't care either way for or against Kung Lao, but I was a bit disappointed that they decided to retcon him for MKX, instead of having a NEW or post-MK3 character.

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:


  12. #49
    Ruler of NetherRealm Ricochetmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,144
    Thanked: 886
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I had no problem with Deadly Alliance, which had 11 new characters and I'd have no problem at all if MKX had a total roster of 32, with 16 being new.
    MK would have gotten stale for me, a long time ago, if I never gave the post-MK3 games a chance.
    That's all that I'm saying.
    I don't care either way for or against Kung Lao, but I was a bit disappointed that they decided to retcon him for MKX, instead of having a NEW or post-MK3 character.
    Well, we don't actually know if he was retconned. Technically, a cheap poorly thought out reason for him being back would be enough to not make it a retcon. If it is stated that he never died in MK9, then yes... They retconned him.

    It's too early to tell, though.

  13. #50
    Black Dragon Recruit vetalfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    667
    Thanked: 146
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I had no problem with Deadly Alliance, which had 11 new characters and I'd have no problem at all if MKX had a total roster of 32, with 16 being new.
    MK would have gotten stale for me, a long time ago, if I never gave the post-MK3 games a chance.
    More than that, let count MK2 and UMK3 newcomers (playable only, cause we talk the playable roster right now):
    MK2 introduced: Kung Lao, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Jax, Kitana, Baraka, Mileena - 7 new playable characters, total roster is 12

    UMK3 introduced: Sindel, Stryker, Smoke, Human Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor, Sheeva, Nightwolf, Kabal, Jade, Ermac - 11 new playable characters, total roster is 23

    And then:
    MK4 introduced: Kai, Jarek, Fujin, Reiko, Tanya, Quan Chi, Shinnok - 7 new characters, with 15 total

    MKDA: Bo Rai Cho, Kenshi, Li Mei, Mavado, Nitara, Drahmin, Frost, Mokap, Blaze - 9 new, 23 total

    MKD: Havik, Hotaru, Noob-Smoke, Shujinko, Ashrah, Dairou, Darrius, Kobra, Kira - 9 new, 24 total

    See the pattern? Nearly half of the roster was always newcomers for a new game, did they felt like crossovers? I don't think so.
    sorry for my english

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to vetalfox For This Useful Post:


  15. #51
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,123
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2908
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    Well, we don't actually know if he was retconned. Technically, a cheap poorly thought out reason for him being back would be enough to not make it a retcon. If it is stated that he never died in MK9, then yes... They retconned him.

    It's too early to tell, though.
    It's retconned if it's anything but The Great Kung Lao or a relative of Kung Lao's.
    Anything else explaining why Kung Lao is somehow mysteriously alive in MKX, again, after specifically getting his neck snapped by Shao Kahn = retcon.


    Quote Originally Posted by vetalfox View Post
    More than that, let count MK2 and UMK3 newcomers (playable only, cause we talk the playable roster right now):
    MK2 introduced: Kung Lao, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Jax, Kitana, Baraka, Mileena - 7 new playable characters, total roster is 12

    UMK3 introduced: Sindel, Stryker, Smoke, Human Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor, Sheeva, Nightwolf, Kabal, Jade, Ermac - 11 new playable characters, total roster is 23

    And then:
    MK4 introduced: Kai, Jarek, Fujin, Reiko, Tanya, Quan Chi, Shinnok - 7 new characters, with 15 total

    MKDA: Bo Rai Cho, Kenshi, Li Mei, Mavado, Nitara, Drahmin, Frost, Mokap, Blaze - 9 new, 23 total

    MKD: Havik, Hotaru, Noob-Smoke, Shujinko, Ashrah, Dairou, Darrius, Kobra, Kira - 9 new, 24 total

    See the pattern? Nearly half of the roster was always newcomers for a new game, did they felt like crossovers? I don't think so.
    Exactly, good sir.

  16. #52
    Ruler of NetherRealm Ricochetmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,144
    Thanked: 886
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    It's retconned if it's anything but The Great Kung Lao or a relative of Kung Lao's.
    Anything else explaining why Kung Lao is somehow mysteriously alive in MKX, again, after specifically getting his neck snapped by Shao Kahn = retcon.
    Not if he's brought back to life within the story. Resurrection is part of the MK lore and has happened several times within the story. It only becomes a retcon if they ignore the fact that Kung Lao died in MK9 and basically say "We made a mistake, deal with it. He never died."

  17. #53
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,123
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2908
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    Not if he's brought back to life within the story. Resurrection is part of the MK lore and has happened several times within the story. It only becomes a retcon if they ignore the fact that Kung Lao died in MK9 and basically say "We made a mistake, deal with it. He never died."

    Being brought back to life = a character retcon in the sense that they bring him back from the dead.
    Call it "resurrection" or whatever NRS wants to call it, but, even if they acknowledge his death in MK9 they would still be retconnig the story of him being "dead," rather than keeping him dead and continuing the MK9 story.
    This being The Great Kung Lao / relative / other White Lotus member =/= retconning because it wouldn't be the same Kung Lao that died in MK9.
    That's the point I'm trying to make.

  18. #54
    BANALITY
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    280
    Thanked: 49
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    I just thought we would get what NRS had been saying, thats all....I though they were taking the story seriously, and being all about new blood....not re-introducing the same characters yet again, after boon told us mk9 was a love letter to the fans, now its time to move on...clearly they have trouble doing that.

  19. #55
    Defender of EarthRealm
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,218
    Thanked: 1516
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    A retcon is when you change a fact about a character that was established in the past.
    Example:
    - "Kung Lao died in MK9, but in MKX it was retconned so he didn't die in MK9."

    However, a resurrection is not the same as a retcon.
    Example:
    - "Kung Lao died in MK9, but was later resurrected in MKX."

    The difference is that with a retcon, Kung Lao didn't even die in the first place. With a resurrection, he did die in the story of MK9, but was later returned to life through canon reasons. It's not the same.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theincubuslord For This Useful Post:


  21. #56
    BANALITY
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    280
    Thanked: 49
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    either way its all silly, an NRS need to mature

  22. #57
    Defender of EarthRealm
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,218
    Thanked: 1516
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by ellechbura View Post
    either way its all silly, an NRS need to mature
    Don't throw stone, etc...

  23. #58
    Hollywood Superstar Reptil3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    761
    Thanked: 190
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by ellechbura View Post
    either way its all silly, an NRS need to mature
    Speak for yourself spader.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reptil3 For This Useful Post:


  25. #59
    BANALITY
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    280
    Thanked: 49
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    I don't get you blind fanboys, why is it im so hated an annoying to you guys for voicing an opinion? I love mk I wouldn't be here if I didn't, I just expected a little more with the game, I expected them to deliver on what they had promised....Why does that make me so horrible? lol

    I love the lore, the characters, save a handful....I was hyped to see this as the bets mk yet, and the KL reveal just disappointed me to no end, why does that offend you guys so much? Why do I have to jack off hard to every thin NRS do? Im a consumer, I want a decent product i dont want silliness, I dont want rehashes, and 2nd grade resurrection stories, I wanna pay good money for a good story and game....

    And before you all jump in with "ohhh dont buy it then dont complain" Sorry but critique is needed to better all products... Critique lead to mk9 after that appalling mk v dc cross over....

  26. #60
    Hollywood Superstar Reptil3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    761
    Thanked: 190
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Kung Lao opinion polls

    Quote Originally Posted by ellechbura View Post
    I don't get you blind fanboys, why is it im so hated an annoying to you guys for voicing an opinion? I love mk I wouldn't be here if I didn't, I just expected a little more with the game, I expected them to deliver on what they had promised....Why does that make me so horrible? lol

    I love the lore, the characters, save a handful....I was hyped to see this as the bets mk yet, and the KL reveal just disappointed me to no end, why does that offend you guys so much? Why do I have to jack off hard to every thin NRS do? Im a consumer, I want a decent product i dont want silliness, I dont want rehashes, and 2nd grade resurrection stories, I wanna pay good money for a good story and game....

    And before you all jump in with "ohhh dont buy it then dont complain" Sorry but critique is needed to better all products... Critique lead to mk9 after that appalling mk v dc cross over....
    Spader stop drinking.
    So what I got from your comment is that the reveal of Kung Lao symbolizes
    - no hype
    - disappointment
    - no jacking off
    - sub quality product
    - silliness
    - rehashed storlines
    Do I need to point out how illogical some of this crap is?
    I don't know what you are smoking but I want some.... I really do.

    Aww poor thing they revealed a character that you don't like.... would you like for me to comfort you and tell you everything will be ok?
    At the end of the day you are salty only because a character got revealed that you didn't want to see. We don't know the context of his return or what it will bring to the table... but you want to shite on it either way.
    You've been complaining on this forum long before the reveal! and quite frankly it's the same repetitive junk. I'm not telling you to not complain, you can feel bitter all you want.. I'm simply saying that you don't know anything about his return so reserve your hatred until we know facts.
    MKX still looks like one of the best MK games ever, nobody will cry for you if you don't buy it because you don't like a character that returned.
    Also don't call us blind fanboys when you know for a fact we have criticized NRS many times, the difference our criticism is usually warranted and no way near as petty as this crap.
    Last edited by Reptil3; 01-04-2015 at 05:00 AM.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reptil3 For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Kung Lao
    By Jade in forum Mortal Kombat Kombatant Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 12:56 AM
  2. My Kung Lao
    By Snippy-Snap in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 02:57 AM
  3. Kung Lao?
    By Kung Lao87 in forum Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 03:17 PM
  4. Kung Lao is better...
    By pheonix in forum Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •