You can't be serious?!?!?

Being a fan of FFVII since Chrimbus Day of 1997, I'd much rather see a re-release as close to the original as possible instead of that remake bullshit, because I want it to be faithful to what I played as a teenager in the late 90s.

Plus, I initially thought this was a scam. Actually, I kinda want to think it's a scam because all I heard for the last 14 years was that there wasn't going to be a remake, remaster, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Being a fan of FFVII since Chrimbus Day of 1997, I'd much rather see a re-release as close to the original as possible instead of that remake bullshit, because I want it to be faithful to what I played as a teenager in the late 90s.

Plus, I initially thought this was a scam. Actually, I kinda want to think it's a scam because all I heard for the last 14 years was that there wasn't going to be a remake, remaster, etc.

Not all remakes are bad; look at Resident Evil. They could've kept everything the same, just improve the graphics and add voice acting. It would've made millions(maybe even billions).

This is a freakin joke. Square Enix has got the be the most braindead f#%ks in the gaming industry. Why would you re-release a ps1 game in 1080p? That makes zero sense.

Not all remakes are bad; look at Resident Evil. They could've kept everything the same, just improve the graphics and add voice acting. It would've made millions(maybe even billions).

This is a freakin joke. Square Enix has got the be the most braindead f#%ks in the gaming industry. Why would you re-release a ps1 game in 1080p? That makes zero sense.
That would be tantamount to replacing the soldiers' guns in Saving Private Ryan with Walkie Talkies. I'm sorry, but I'd rather preserve the historical significance of the game by keeping it pure to its original form.

Explain to me in an essay what's wrong with rereleasing a game pure to its original form.

There is nothing wrong with it. However, there is something wrong with hyping up a huge crowd over a port of a game. Especially since other remakes show that they can keep the same gameplay but slap on the new coat of paint that everyone wants. I'm not asking you to take off your nostalgia goggles, not at all. Heck, Halo CE Anniversary lets you switch back and forth whenever you want. So if they had a special option in the FF7 remake, they could appeal to everyone.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with it. However, there is something wrong with hyping up a huge crowd over a port of a game. Especially since other remakes show that they can keep the same gameplay but slapping on the new coat of paint that everyone wants. I'm not asking you to take off your nostalgia goggles, not at all. Heck, Halo CE Anniversary lets you switch back and forth whenever you want. So if they had a special option in the FF7 remake, they could appeal to everyone.
I expect future generations to enjoy the experience of classic games the same way my generation did. I want them to know that THIS was what the game played like, looked like, and sounded like in 1997. That's how I learned about Pac-Man, Galaga, and Space Invaders. It's only fair to expect the same from future generations learning about Final Fantasy VII.

I expect future generations to enjoy the experience of classic games the same way my generation did. I want them to know that THIS was what the game played like, looked like, and sounded like in 1997. That's how I learned about Pac-Man, Galaga, and Space Invaders. It's only fair to expect the same from future generations learning about Final Fantasy VII.

Dude, you can't expect everyone to enjoy the same thing you did. Yes, FF7 is great. It is also dated. The blocky graphics are not the standard anymore. They don't look good. But for people like you, they could still add the feature to swap between PSone and PS4 graphics. The point of a remaster is to bring in new fans. Basically making the same game, but with the visuals to appeal to the new audience. You say you want later generations to experience it the way you did? They won't give two sh*ts to FF7 if it still looks like it did 20 years ago.

Dude, you can't expect everyone to enjoy the same thing you did. Yes, FF7 is great. It is also dated. The blocky graphics are not the standard anymore. They don't look good. But for people like you, they could still add the feature to swap between PSone and PS4 graphics. The point of a remaster is to bring in new fans. Basically making the same game, but with the visuals to appeal to the new audience. You say you want later generations to experience it the way you did? They won't give two sh*ts to FF7 if it still looks like it did 20 years ago.

Amen to that.
FF7 runs on that nostalgia juice.

Blocky graphics are more historically accurate to FFVII than modern. I expect historical accuracy to be treated with the utmost respect at all times.

Blocky graphics are more historically accurate to FFVII than modern. I expect historical accuracy to be treated with the utmost respect at all times.

Are you blind as a bat? You're getting your stupid re release. I'm just telling you why its not a bad idea for them to remaster the whole game. I think your nostalgia goggles are too tight...

Also, they made Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. Two pieces of FF7 media that don't have blocky graphics.