Street Fighter V announced, for PS4 and PC only!

C-Sword

ulzfpq.gif

DqJSZUg.png

Last edited:
Re: Street Fighter V announced, for PS4 and PC only

This smells timed exclusive to me... Why on earth would Capcom alienate the xbox crowd but release the game on PC!? This is huge for Sony but a cheap shot to street fighter fans who own the xbox 360 version. These third party games releasing as exclusives all the sudden is so stupid…..and don't start with that "money talks bullshit walks argument" it falls flat on it's face in the grand scheme of things IMO. Accepting a bulk of cash and forcing your audience to buy a specific console to play your game is only going to encourage piracy. I'll just wait for the super, ultra, AE, hyper, greedy, special needs, because we can and you will buy it again and again and again edition when its free on playstation plus. My two cents

Last edited:
I think it's a timed exclusive, too.
I don't think it's completely exclusive to PS4 forever.
Seemed like Sony just wanted an A-list fighting game franchise, and payed Capcom HUGE money to compete with Killer Instinct on X1.
Otherwise, good portion of Capcom's revenue would be gone if they actually stuck with that business model, in the long run.
I REALLY don't see Capcom completely shutting their Xbox fanbase out of SFV.
That would be like if NRS was ONLY coming out with MKX on PS4 or ONLY coming out with MKX on X1.

Last edited:
WOW!!! Sony is destroying Xbone! Thank god iv got a ps4, lmao @ xbots oolololloolololllloolo
jk jk haha oh man

Nah actualy im not loooooooooooool

The link was taken off of YouTube, but someone posted this link on another comments section, if anyone is interested......

this may not be true but I heard one of the rumors why SFV is exclusive to PS4 and PC is due to Sony allowing cross play between the PC versions and that Microsoft didn't want to play ball like that same story like Final Fantasy 14 SE won't release it on the Xbox one till the decide to allow cross play between the platforms

either way imma wait for an official statement from Capcom even though that wouldn't be a smart move

this may not be true but I heard one of the rumors why SFV is exclusive to PS4 and PC is due to Sony allowing cross play between the PC versions and that Microsoft didn't want to play ball like that same story like Final Fantasy 14 SE won't release it on the Xbox one till the decide to allow cross play between the platforms

either way imma wait for an official statement from Capcom even though that wouldn't be a smart move

Oh that's surprsing from MS, given the history of amazing decisions they've made with the XB One... :congrats::rolleyes:

Oh that's surprsing from MS, given the history of amazing decisions they've made with the XB One... :congrats::rolleyes:

to their defense (can't believe I'm saying that) they usually let other independent companies keep their IP's when they publish their games (Sunset Overdrive for example)

This is delicious. I really, really enjoy the fact this is PS4 exclusive on consoles. For years the 2 frame lag in a 60 fps game on the PS3 version has bugged me. I do not see how it is humanly possible to notice that, yet super human SF4 players can so jumped ship to Xbox. It's total BS the muscle memory argument too, if the drummer in my band slows down by 2 frames per beat I don't instantly forget the song.

To be fair the Xbox had lag compared to the Arcade version, never saw Diago complaining. I am also not sure what this will mean for EVO, as I thought they did a Xbox exclusive sponsorship deal.

This will wind up, batter, bruise and maim people. Let them keep Xbox Live Arcade title Killer Instinct. Offcourse this is a timed exclusive, like Dead Rising 3. Oh wait..

So glad i bought a PS4 the other week. The future is bright.

I think it's a timed exclusive, too.
I don't think it's completely exclusive to PS4 forever.
Seemed like Sony just wanted an A-list fighting game franchise, and payed Capcom HUGE money to compete with Killer Instinct on X1.
Otherwise, good portion of Capcom's revenue would be gone if they actually stuck with that business model, in the long run.
I REALLY don't see Capcom completely shutting their Xbox fanbase out of SFV.
That would be like if NRS was ONLY coming out with MKX on PS4 or ONLY coming out with MKX on X1.

It depends doesn't it? I am assuming Sony has put money up front for this to be made considering financial difficulties they were having. They oculd also be limiting games to consoles that actually sell well in their home country.

It depends doesn't it? I am assuming Sony has put money up front for this to be made considering financial difficulties they were having.

Financial troubles?
Selling 10 million PS4 units and counting, at $400 a piece, is considered being in financial trouble?

There's no way this won't be on an MS console at some point. I also don't see the cross-platform playability, either. If a console/PC crossplay were to happen, it would happen with the XBox WAY before the PS4 simply because MS deals so much with the OS for PCs. If we ever do get console-to-console crossplay, we'll probably need to have new consoles or consoles that are very closely matched (hardware-wise).

This (timed) exclusive shit hurts ALL GAMERS because it requires us to buy multiple consoles if we want to play everything.

While we're on the subject, I can't feel too bad for XBO owners considering they have a truly exclusive title in Killer Instinct.

Capcom is the ones with the financial issues. I don't think they can afford being console exclusive. So hopefully this means it's just a timed exclusive.

Financial troubles?
Selling 10 million PS4 units and counting, at $400 a piece, is considered being in financial trouble?

NO. Sorry I was talking about Capcom, although it wasn't clear. I am sorry I suffer from Asparagus/Beef Burger Syndrome so my social skills are non existent.

There's no way this won't be on an MS console at some point. I also don't see the cross-platform playability, either. This (timed) exclusive shit hurts ALL GAMERS because it requires us to buy multiple consoles if we want to play everything.

While we're on the subject, I can't feel too bad for XBO owners considering they have a truly exclusive title in Killer Instinct.

There is no point in having alternative consoles it there is no incentives

Re: Street Fighter V announced, for PS4 and PC only

I start to regret more and more to have bought an Xbone... -.-

Why do you say that? It's not like this game will never see the light of day on xbox and we all know how capcom loves re-releasing street fighter multiple times. Unless your a street fighter nut that can't wait it out it's best to be patient.

It'd be nice for MKX to have a similar trailer where there are footages of people playing all the previous MK games in arcades, consoles, and all competitions. Showing footages from MK1-MK9 and then showing a gameplay of all announced MKX characters with the ending of the trailer showing a newly announced character or characters. ;)