Goro's Variations Discussion Thread

Reptil3

So i've been thinking about this since he was revealed but i haven't really seen much discussion on the topic of Goro's Variations :/

So to kick start things i have a few key points/questions.

- Is Goro's moveset too limited to have 3 variations?
- Which of his moves should be universal?
- Do you think there's a chance he may not have 3 variations? (Personally I don't see why not)

Goro has always had a very basic move set and i think that's actually worked out in his advantage.. what more does a fearsome monster need than a standard projectile, intense grabs and stomps?
With that being said if he has 3 variations, we will have a nice new range of moves for Goro :hail:

It's been confirmed that Goro will have 3 variations. And with Kintaro & Sheeva likely out of the picture, that allows Goro to steal some of their moves. Tekken style.

And I think NRS will be focusing more on attributes for his variations rather than special moves. Things like armor, taunt buffs and command grab gimmicks. I JUST HOPE TO FUKKING GOD THEY CHANGE THE COMMAND GRAB INPUT. That quarter circle back, forward motion is so god damned unnatural. I missed so many grabs with Bane in Injustice. Just go 360 for Christ's sake.

It's been confirmed that Goro will have 3 variations. And with Kintaro & Sheeva likely out of the picture, that allows Goro to steal some of their moves. Tekken style.
I'm definitely ok with this!

And I think NRS will be focusing more on attributes for his variations rather than special moves. Things like armor, taunt buffs and command grab gimmicks.

That's a really cool idea, I think there's about a 85% chance of that being the case.
I absolutely can not freaking stand amour though.. I might be ok with it if it doesn't have that golden glow making them look like a glazed doughnut.
And if it's only in one variation that has it I'll be cool with it, I just won't ever play with that variation.

And I think NRS will be focusing more on attributes for his variations rather than special moves. Things like armor, taunt buffs and command grab gimmicks. I JUST HOPE TO FUKKING GOD THEY CHANGE THE COMMAND GRAB INPUT. That quarter circle back, forward motion is so god damned unnatural. I missed so many grabs with Bane in Injustice. Just go 360 for Christ's sake.

^This x 2. Thank you, sir.

Maybe, one that focuses on his dragon-ish elements: Like, lots of leaping and fireballs. Like, this one would be all about controlling distance. Then yeah, a grappler variation that makes him more of an upclose and personal Bane-type fighter. And the third could be an armor-based variation, where his offensive choices are less diverse, but he's MUCH more defensive. I dunno. I'm probably wrong, but if those were them, I'd be happy.

I want to see a very grab centered variation for goro, seems very fitting for him :)

yeah thats what I want to see.

1- a brawler type, very offensive, stryking with his fist, backhands,using knees, elbows and headbutts.

2- this one would have tons of grabs and some evasive moves.

3-this variation would be very defensive oriented, a few armored moves, and mid-low- and high counter moves.

To be fair, most of Kintaro and Sheeva's moves were either Goro's moves to begin with or based on Goro's moves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

^Yea that's true, he was the originator lol, shokan movesets have been more or less the same as each other..

MK4 Goro got the teleport stomp and mouth fireball from Kintaro.
Then MK4 Goro also had an earthquake move that acted similarly to MK3 Sheeva's Ground Stomp.

He's taken influence from them before. In fact, MK9 Goro is the only Shokan in MK9 that didn't receive any new special moves

MK4 Goro got the teleport stomp and mouth fireball from Kintaro.
Then MK4 Goro also had an earthquake move that acted similarly to MK3 Sheeva's Ground Stomp.

He's taken influence from them before. In fact, MK9 Goro is the only Shokan in MK9 that didn't receive any new special moves

I always forget MK1 Goro didn't have teleport stomp; that seems so weird to me. That's like a Shokan staple these days.

^Yea he didn't have it in MK9 either which i found a little of weird.
However this could be due to fact they tried to base him more on MK1 Goro given that the timeline of MK9 dealt with the events of MK1-3 and that he had much less influence to the story after MK1 until MK4 came around.

Another reason could just be that they left it out in MK9 in order for him to be a little different than Kintaro and Sheeva.
I hope he has the teleport stomp in MKX in at least one variation.

Still not keen on the idea of armour..

I have faith that he'll be a good character. Espeacly if he's a pre-order bonus.
If they make Goro's gameplay super badass, then that's more pre-orders.

I just hope they don't give him one of those glowing cosmetics.
I think they changed his fireballs to green, so hopefully if he has a fire variation, they won't put any bright glowing green on him.

I just hope they don't give him one of those glowing cosmetics.
I think they changed his fireballs to green, so hopefully if he has a fire variation, they won't put any bright glowing green on him.

Agreed, way too many characters have green aura! :(
I preferred his classic fireball, I'm not a big fan of the fist projectile...
Hopefully MKX offers a little more variety when it comes to aura colours/projectiles.

Yeah, the green fire was a bit weird. The normal fire, and the way he shot it from his mouth was more dragon like.

I do hope he has his classic taunt move. It should be universal, and could buff different things depending on the variation.
And he needs that MK4 LK move, where he grabs you and straight up breaks you over his head

Goro's gonna be so brutal

Wasn't the green fist his original projectile?

Why don't you like Armor reptile? Is it strictly cosmetic or do you think it's cheap?

If they make Goro's gameplay super badass, then that's more pre-orders.

That's the thing, though.
There's no Goro gamplay, at the moment, to get more of the pre-orders going.
Hopefully when it gets closer to release they'll do some Goro gameplay and announce the Kollector's Editions / Tournament Editions.

i want him to have that super uppercut that they had in MKT when the characters would get knocked out the screen lmao