Goro's Variations Discussion Thread

FYI, Goro is a playable character. Don't think receiving half damage while dealing twice as much is such a good idea.

[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] & [MENTION=5283]Reptil3[/MENTION]do u guys feel that way bc of spammers?

I mean i want him to be a tough opponent NOT throw your controller n break it frustrating tough but tough.

Lets see he can have handicaps. His defense is low, he is sluggish.

Idk...i just want Goro to be tough and not a Biyotch characrer

I just don't want him to be so damn slow.

Sheeva in MK9 was so slow sometimes, like I could barley jump into combos and shit.

Variances in HP/damage reduction has been in fighting games for some time. Nevertheless, unless Goro is vulnerable to longer(more damaging) combos due to his size, giving him half damage bonus seems excessive, especially when combined with twice the damage output. In fighting games where characters have varying amounts of HP, 40% difference between the most durable and squishy character is more than enough.

Last edited:
Goro doesn't have to be top tier, for me, for the pre-order incentive to be worth it.
For me, Goro just an extra DLC that I don't have to pay for, unlike the people who don't pre-order and will get him as time-released DLC.
I would be a bit upset if I paid for Goro and he ended up being low tier.

He might be like Tekken Tag 2 dlc.

Where Ancient Ogre and the others were pre-order dlc, but were later on released for free via a patch.

I really want him to be very strong, as he always needed to be.

To avoid overpowered players, he should be difficult to play properly.

Abusive combos and not so easily catched special moves. The machine will never have problems witrh that.

And about other players for offline, well, there could be some way to make all characters somehow good in something that makes them unique (discounting variations, of course). Is he overpowered? Well, give power to the others.

That way we wouldn't be so damned, the point is he needs to be tough.

On the other hand, anyway he will ALWAYS be predictable (except MK1 Goro that was HARD AS HELL), and we know that to fight Goro there is no combo, martial art technique...it's desperation strategy and overpowered spammed hit because when he catches you...

He might be like Tekken Tag 2 dlc.

Where Ancient Ogre and the others were pre-order dlc, but were later on released for free via a patch.

Possibly, but I think he'll be like the MK9 Klassic ninja pre-order skins (Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Mileena, Kitana, Ermac).
1 of them was free with a pre-order from that certain retailer, then later down the road it was $5 for all of them.
I don't think that NRS will pass up on charging $5 for Goro, down the road.

I don't understand the fuss with tiers when we don't even know how Goro will play. Besides the fact tiers only takes into account high-level play, most people are better off simply using whatever character they have an aptitude for using.

I don't understand the fuss with tiers when we don't even know how Goro will play. Besides the fact tiers only takes into account high-level play, most people are better off simply using whatever character they have an aptitude for using.

I suppose you're right.

I always was confused with the tiers.

This is true, but it's also always a good idea to have at least somewhat of an understanding of the power levels of the characters. Most people will only use whatever character they feel drawn to initially, but it's always good to know what you're working with at some point.

MKII basically unlocks itself once you learn the tier system in that game; it really does make a difference.

Well yeah, of course Goro's better.

I just don't want him to be super slow. Just because Shokan are big and strong, does not mean they're slow.
IMO the whole point of Sheeva should have been "fast, nimble Shokan"..Instead we got a slow, skinny Goro.

The reason MK4 Goro is so badass is because he's really fast. I'm pretty sure that was the first time he even had a run option. Everytime mk4 Goro ran at me, I knew I was about to get f***** up!

Well, the "run" feature is in MKX, so maybe that will help, if you mean walking speed.
Overall movement wise, even HUGE characters like Torr seem to be pretty fast in MKX, so I don't see a problem there.