Goro's Variations Discussion Thread

He did need it in the past lol. It's the reason you could just jump kick - freeze him all day in MK1.

Armor is great for large characters because it makes up for their lack of speed.

^ Kintaro didn't need it in MK2 did he?
People still complain about Kintaro and Motaro being too difficult to this day.

NOBODY needs amour.
Amour is just a cheap and lacklustre shortcut in the failing effort to make a Boss type character more difficult.

Agreed, way too many characters have green aura! :(
I preferred his classic fireball, I'm not a big fan of the fist projectile...
Hopefully MKX offers a little more variety when it comes to aura colours/projectiles.

Didn't Goro always have the green first projectile?

I think you guys might be confusing his original moves with Kintaro. Kintaro had the fire ball that he shot out of his mouth.

I want to see Goro with a lot of grab moves and slow but power combos. I also hope to see his MK4 grab. That always stood out to me as an iconic Goro move.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I totally thought that Goro's green projectile from MK1 always looked like snot. It wasn't until years later that I realized it was a flying fist, lol.

NOBODY needs amour.
Amour is just a cheap and lacklustre shortcut in the failing effort to make a Boss type character more difficult.

Arcade era bosses were supposed to be stupid cheap. But could you imagine how much easier the MK9 bosses would be if they didn't have armor? NRS doesn't know how to design good AI for their bosses. So they supplement that with cheap nonsense.

But I'm talking about armor for playable characters since Goro can be used in MKX. Some of them do need it. Bane and Baraka come to mind, their armor isn't cheap.

Arcade era bosses were supposed to be stupid cheap. But could you imagine how much easier the MK9 bosses would be if they didn't have armor? NRS doesn't know how to design good AI for their bosses. So they supplement that with cheap nonsense.

Well that doesn't mean that I have to like it lol :/

But I'm talking about armor for playable characters since Goro can be used in MKX. Some of them do need it. Bane and Baraka come to mind, their armor isn't cheap.

Hmm I never played Injustice.. Anyway like I said before as long as they don't look like a glazed doughnut when amour is activated, I'm willing to give it a chance.. I don't think I'm being too unreasonable lol.

Didn't Goro always have the green first projectile?

I think you guys might be confusing his original moves with Kintaro. Kintaro had the fire ball that he shot out of his mouth.

I want to see Goro with a lot of grab moves and slow but power combos. I also hope to see his MK4 grab. That always stood out to me as an iconic Goro move.

Goro had the mouth projectile (fireball) on MK4, remember?

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

I never meant to imply that Goro originally shot it from his mouth.
I just meant I liked it better. It looks and feels more dragon.

And I think they forget sometimes that Goro IS half dragon.
IMO Goro should have been breathing fire...Kintaro shouldn't use fire moves..
He's half tiger FFS

Armor is okay is for specific moves. Maxima in KoF XIII had a lot of autoguard moves (which work in similar manner as super armor), but he isn't overpowered by any means. MK9 went overboard, giving all bosses, except Shang Tsung, armor for EVERY move though.

Hmm I never played Injustice.. Anyway like I said before as long as they don't look like a glazed doughnut when amour is activated, I'm willing to give it a chance.. I don't think I'm being too unreasonable lol.

There has to be some indicator that armor is present though. It was blue in Injustice if that makes you feel any better.
If I had to guess, I'd say it's going to be white in MKX.

Glazed doughnut is a very weird comparison

Hakan is in S.Street Fighter IV

And flashing gold is different from dowsing yourself in oil.

Even so it's just a flash. Not even close to being comparable to Hakan.

Why tf am I arguing about armor looking like glazed doughnuts? Jesus Christ NRS needs to reveal something new :laugh:

Characters don't need to glow, small hit sparks or any other special effect is all you need to visually indicate armor properties.

Last edited:
tumblr_ncopt9Hznn1sqf1mdo1_1280.jpg
I think Goro should be as tough as he was as a MKI Sub Boss.
-Takes only half the amount of damage from opponents
-Damage output is 2x more than other combatants
-His moves are short and brutal
-Sluggisht for a bigger character but still quick for his size
He needs to be that feared being that everyone believes him to be again!

Variations:
Champion- Limited move-set but all that he has is highly punishable
Boss- attaching his famous Dragon Fang blades to his wrist. Goro's attacks are even deadlier
Draco- An onslaught of relentless attack. Handicap *Unable to block

Universal Moves:
Fireball
*Enhanced version- shoots a fireball from all 4 hands
Leaping Stomp
*Enhanced version- While opponent is in the air, Goro performs a mid-air grab, spins around and tosses the opponent across the screen
Spinning Fist
*Enhanced version- A longer duration of the original move, except this time his hands have green energy covering them
Tremor/Ground Pound
*Enhanced version- Goro slams the ground with his lower set of arms first then with his upper arms

Taunts:
Goro Pose- He flexes all four arms
Chest Pound- Pounds his chest and Roars into the sky

X-Ray:
Goro Grab- Goro dashes forward grabbing the opponents body with his lower arms, hits them 2x in the head. Then palms their head and repeatedly slams them into the ground (xray on last ground smash), and finally hurling the opponent across the screen hitting the end of the level/wall (xray of back shattering)

Fatality:
1. Goro raises the over his head and performs a backbreaker. He then grabs the opponents arms ripping them off and letting their body fall to the ground. Finally Goro stomps on their head smashing it. He raises their arms and drinks their blood in victory
2. Walks towards the opponent turns their back to him, he then impales them with the Dragon Fangs. With the opponent in shock, Goro twist their neck backwards looking at Goro or the dragon fangs. Finally with his hand on their head he crushes the top part of head and pushes the body forward