MORTAL KOMBAT X general discussion

The variation system is used to incorporate a deeper , more intense level of strategy in the game. I personally love this addition. I get sick and tired of seeing zoning wars or ridiculously cheap set-ups with overpowered characters. This will make it harder to get a distinct advantage over your opponent , and demand a higher knowledge and skill with your character.

I know there will still be characters that are better than others , but this new system will make the game a lot more interesting. Counter picking will always be a thing people do. I think it takes away from a player if they have to counter pick to win. Unless it's some huge tournament worth a lot of money , just play with the character you are the best with and have the most fun with. My opinion.

Hi,

What do you guys think about character outfit customization in mortal kombat? This option is becoming popular in fighting games and I think it would be cool to have it in MK.
I dont like how it is done in tekken (funny helmets, big fish on back etc.), but option to choose for example one of few masks- that fits to the design, would be great imo.

Who is your main and why?do you relate to them?or are you one of the guys that try to find the player who you can get the most wins with and main them?

I don't relate to Reptile (not sure how that would be possible) but not being human, looking awesome in green and eating his opponents head was intriguing. All this plus the force ball and invisibility knocked Scorpion off the top spot for me.

Hi,

What do you guys think about character outfit customization in mortal kombat? This option is becoming popular in fighting games and I think it would be cool to have it in MK.
I dont like how it is done in tekken (funny helmets, big fish on back etc.), but option to choose for example one of few masks- that fits to the design, would be great imo.
To hell with customization! That shit led to Kreate-a-Fatality, which was total and complete shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I was wondering is this a cape/mantle on the second boot? Kabal maybe?
And on the sixth, there is something that looks like a blade..

@Customization I really liked Kreate-A-Kombatant. But that and Konquest
are the only good things in MK:A imo.

The variation system is used to incorporate a deeper , more intense level of strategy in the game. I personally love this addition. I get sick and tired of seeing zoning wars or ridiculously cheap set-ups with overpowered characters. This will make it harder to get a distinct advantage over your opponent , and demand a higher knowledge and skill with your character.

I know there will still be characters that are better than others , but this new system will make the game a lot more interesting. Counter picking will always be a thing people do.

I agree with this.

I think it takes away from a player if they have to counter pick to win. Unless it's some huge tournament worth a lot of money , just play with the character you are the best with and have the most fun with. My opinion.

I don't agree with this.

I don't see how counter picking takes away from the player.
If anything, it shows that the person knows the match-ups and meta-game better (IMO), and they can use that to their advantage.
Even if it's not a tournament, people better get used to counter-picking going on in MKX, when they play the game online.
The people who really care about the online win stats will do all that's in their power to counter-pick, if it means adding another "W" to their online stats.
The only time that counter-picking won't seem to matter in MKX is offline in 1 VS 1 or 1 VS CPU, because AI can be pretty predictable once you get used to it.

I'm scared of a player who can dominate every character with his one character.PFFF to the guy who can only beat JOHNNY Cage when he uses Kabal or Cyrax.

"This is where you fall down"

I'm scared of a player who can dominate every character with his one character.PFFF to the guy who can only beat JOHNNY Cage when he uses Kabal or Cyrax.

This is why I plan to get really good with probably 2 characters (all 3 variations of each) in MKX that I feel the most comfortable with (which is equivalent to getting good with 6 characters in MK9).

Last edited:
As of right now I would get really good with Cassie's brawler and Hollywood variation ..that's it for me ..

Counter picking will be great in MKX if I can beat the different variations of all characters with all 3 variations of Sub-Zero, for example.

If I can beat Raiden A with Sub-Zero B, and I know all of the advantages and disadvantages to that match-up, then I can counter pick based of which version of Raiden (for example) someone else picks.

I plan to get really good with probably 2 characters (all 3 variations of each) in MKX that I feel the most comfortable with (which is equivalent to getting good with 6 characters in MK9).

Me too! I hope the online character select screen doesn't show people which variation the other person chooses. I hated how people always chose Cyrax when I chose Kitana, like seriously, they're dumb.

Lol people chose cyrax period .bomb trap glitch all day...the character was so broken they patched him up and ppl found a way around it and shared it on YouTube then all of a sudden everyone was exploiting cyrax.

Me too! I hope the online character select screen doesn't show people which variation the other person chooses. I hated how people always chose Cyrax when I chose Kitana, like seriously, they're dumb.

Either way, though, the select screen costume changes are give dead aways, IMO.
If someone picks the Sub-Zero with an ice mask, or the Kano with a red cybernetic orb or the Raiden with a different hat, I already know which variations they have picked.

Hopefully we can hide our selection again. I always found it iritating when people would just sit there and wait for you to select. Its like they depend on counter picking to win.

That's my single biggest pet peeve; counter picking. I wish people would just play with who they're good with/enjoy the most, and go with that. It's beyond aggravating playing against people who wait for you to choose your character first.

Hopefully we can hide our selection again. I always found it iritating when people would just sit there and wait for you to select. Its like they depend on counter picking to win.
Yes, but even if you hide the selection, the costumes still change when you cycle through the variations.
How would they hide that?

I wish MK's online uses a system similar to FIFA's online seasons. Pick a team, jersey, lineup/formations, search for an opponent and the matchmaking matches you up with an opponent using a team with similar skill level. You have no idea who you're going up against, what team, what formation, what lineup, etc. until the game starts.

Also, EA Sports UFC does that as well, if people are questioning that this method can't be used in fighting games.

I wish MK's online uses a system similar to FIFA's online seasons. Pick a team, jersey, lineup/formations, search for an opponent and the matchmaking matches you up with an opponent using a team with similar skill level. You have no idea who you're going up against, what team, what formation, what lineup, etc. until the game starts.

Also, EA Sports UFC does that as well, if people are questioning that this method can't be used in fighting games.

They should atleast hide your character automatically in ranked matches like on DOA5

They should atleast hide your character automatically in ranked matches like on DOA5

Totally forgot about DOA5. It's pretty damn simple to implement, if NRS wants to take competitiveness seriously like they say they do, they should do this.