MORTAL KOMBAT X general discussion

Honestly,

I hope that NRS will have a good bundle of DLC alternate customes for MKX. Also the DLC characters should come with a couple of alternate customes because the DLC characters in MK9 and Injustice didn't and that was really annoying. I think that NRS should make some new/old arenas available for DLC since it will make MKX last a little longer.

MKX's style is totally different. Something post-apocalyptic on that armour, and others, like Raiden, are artistically well designed. Sub-Zero is looking very good too.

Classic costumes wouldn't fit well. I prefer versions of PS2 era (considering the time), as you all said, like Sub-Zero's cryomancer armour.

That was sick. And what I find most interesting on that armour is because it has not much of it, most of his outfits is still his common appearance (if you look closely) but the armour gives...I don't know, some "ice warrior" feeling.

Lol get sad to what happened to Kuai Liang when talking about the times he was Sub-Zero for sure. That guy reached a legendary level of his skills that not many characters have grown in the series. Actually, I can't remember thinking very quickly someone that, IMO, grew so much as Sub-Zero since MK4. Legendary, all that I can say about him.

Every character who didn't have an Arcade Era retro kostume should have one in MKX.

And the Vita Exclusive retro kostumes should be mandatory for MKX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Every character who didn't have an Arcade Era retro kostume should have one in MKX.

And the Vita Exclusive retro kostumes should be mandatory for MKX.

If I wanted nostalgia, I'd go play MK9 or play MKAK or play MK1, II, 3 and UMK3 on my Sega Genesis or pop in the Trilogy PS1 disc.

MKX isn't the nostalgia MK game.

Then maybe MK should never have changed anyone's kostumes after MK2 in the first place. It worked for Street Fighter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

The simple explanation for that is that MK isn't Street Fighter, and it's its own brand.
If I wanted to stay stuck in the 90s, I'd play the old games, carry a CD player everywhere I go and still have a huge obnoxious CRT TV.
Thankfully times have changed.
Change isn't always a bad thing.

I really dislike Street Fighter (personal matters), but there is something that not only NRS, but ALL WESTERN COMPANIES should learn with CAPCOM and Eastern counterparts: invest on the people who buy the game, not only in the franchise.

Man, Street Fighter IV is a master trick. They are already in what? Third expansion (Super, Arcade, Ultra)? They have LOTS of costumes, some of them are $#!t (real one) and others are a modern work of da Vinci (like Seth's robot one, that's beautiful, and others are cool too like Honda Samurai, or Oni with the Mask).

You buy a game and you keep expanding your investiment. Street Fighter lacks LOTS OF THINGS compared to Mortal Kombat, on story matters, gameplay, graphics, stages, character development, timeline etc. But they sure know how to keep their business alive AND THAT ONLINE MODE YOU CAN PLAY ANYTIME. Lag is exception.

MK9 we had a few costumes, a few DLCs, a &¨%$#@& online mode, yet had all that things way far beyond SF.

MKX is not the proper game for nostalgia, but if somebody wants, well, I just don't care, if it will make people happy, then let's have it, but at the least adapt some of the darker themed to whatever costume we had, so it won't frustrate this awesome climate we have with things "out of character". But I want more costumes, no matter if classic, PS2, new and good DLC chars (and the Online I won't quote because it was already said to be...having faith on Elder Boons).

With all the talk about MKX not coming out for last gen consoles and Kitana not being on the main roster, I'm [highly] considering not buying this game right off the bat.

I'm not buying a PS4 anytime soon and since Kitana is probably going to be DLC anyway (according to everyone) I can just wait to buy the Komplete Edition and a PS4 (during a price drop). It's just not worth spending around $500 for one game. Sorry not sorry.

I love MK and what NRS is doing for it, but this girl has bills to pay. ✌️

Last edited:
We're all just speculating, which can be taken as seriously as a bag of rice salt.
As for MKX not coming out on last-gen, I don't remember Ed or anyone from NRS saying that.
They just said that it would be ported over from the PS4 and X1 versions.

Some of us are just speculating about Kitana and some of the dead warriors being DLC, but I know that I don't work at NRS, so I don't know for sure.
I'm just giving my guesses as to what I think is likely.
I also thought that Freddy Krueger wasn't likely as DLC, and I was completely wrong on that.

IMHO,

I can't see MKX not being on the PS3 or the 360. Titanfall was on the 360 as well the XBox one since it was different company ported the 360 version. The same can be said with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare since Sledgehammer made the PS4 and XBOX one while the PS3 and 360 versions were ported by a different company.

If in the end MKX doesn't end up being on the PS3 or 360. That would suck and I would feel sorry for those MK fans.

If MKX doesn't come for last-gen, well, I will watch the story mode to kill my curiosity and talk with you guys.

Anyway, the feeling of playing, participating, watching that revelation with the controller in your hands...no comparison.

But I think I saw a PS3 pre-order once. IGN I think. I couldn't buy because they don't ship here. I hope they got digital.

Imagine if it doesn't come for PS3? :laugh: how many piggy banks will I have to create with the price that it is for us here...

I kinda wish people would stop looking too heavily on speculated stuff until concrete stuff is shown. That's why I refuse to take part in figuring out who's who in that boot picture. There's no need to put my brain through the works on trying to figure out who's foot this looks like, especially if some of them are newer characters. Even with this whole IMDB stuff too. I never saw it as a credible source, and never will. So every character that's being "revealed" in that list, I'm not even going to take with a grain of salt.

Everything else with the speculation things, I just can't take part in them because I don't want to overthink something and then have all of that go to waste when it's proven wrong. Not that I have a hard time accepting me being wrong, I just don't want to do so much thinking about something.

Yeah. I'm just going to wait patiently for the next reveal, whether it's a character reveal, gameplay footage, whatever. I'm still hyped even if we're in a stop. I've got other things to occupy my time for now. :)

Last edited:
I can't repeat myself enough when saying that people should only trust the official confirmations and not look to other sources for information, because they are so easily tampered with.