Mortal Kombat Movie Casting

Noob-Zer013

Alright, the talk of casting has got me interested in your guy's ideas.

Lets say you're making your own Mortal Kombat movie,

What characters would you use (you can use ANY) and what actors/actresses would you have play them?

Mr. T as Jax.
Ronda Rousey as Kitana.
Chuck Norris as Raiden. Actually, I see a number of characters Chuck Norris could play.
Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung (grow a damn goatee for the role this time!)
Richard DiVizio as Kano
Brian Bosworth ("The Boz") as Shao Kahn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Stephen Amell for Johnny Cage
Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung
Michael Jai White as Jax

Not really sure who I'd cast for other characters, but for the characters above I think those actors are perfect.

Weston Coppola Cage as Johnny Cage. He's Nicholas Cage's son...and the last name is already the same. I always wanted Nicholas Cage as Johnny Cage.

Jackie Chan seems more of a fit with Lui Kang to me. Plus, Jet Li as Kung Lao. That sounds pretty boss. I think Chuck Norris would be a good Kano. Actually, I think Jason Statham would be a good Kano. Lol. Kast Fu Man Chu for the role of Shang Tsung.

Last edited:
Why not use all of the actors from MK1, MK2, UMK3 video games to make the next movie. It would appear more authentic

Then Nicholas Cage DOES make sense as Johnny Cage. I wonder if Johnny was explicitly named after Nicholas...

I'm guessing that since MK1 was supposed to be a JCVD game that the Johnny Cage is probably more related to Jean Claude Van Damme.

John in French is Jean.

The fact that Johnny Cage was based on Jean Claude Van Damme is very well known to me.

That being said, there is absolutely no overlooking the fact that Johnny Cage happens to share a last name with another famous Hollywood actor, which I guess is fitting for a Hollywood actor character.

Maybe it's an amalgamation of the 2 names. :top:

Johnny for Jean Claude.
Cage for Nicholas Cage.

Johnny Cage uses the splits in his martial arts. Jean Claude also uses the splits in his. Johnny is a famous actor/martial artist. Jean Claude was also a famous actor/martial artist.

I think Derek Mears could be a good fit for either Baraka or Shao Kahn.

I'm not really a fan of Jason Statham's movies and his typical roles. But being a physical actor, having the accent, and slap on a bionic eye and a rugged beard, he could possibly make a in' Kano. Well.. maybe.

I think Derek Mears could be a good fit for either Baraka or Shao Kahn.

I'm not really a fan of Jason Statham's movies and his typical roles. But being a physical actor, having the accent, and slap on a bionic eye and a rugged beard, he could possibly make a in' Kano. Well.. maybe.
Brian Bosworth is the best choice for Shao Kahn. I mean, before he started his movie career, Bosworth was a football star who had a villainous image known as "The Boz".

Jackie Chan would be an absolutely HORRIBLE choice for Liu Kang. First of all, he's too old, secondly, Jackie Chan does not fit in the role of a Shaolin Monk, thirdly, he does not practice Jeet Kune Do.

Jet Li for Kung Lao makes complete sense however. Can pull off the Shaolin Monk look, and has the same Kung Fu as Kung Lao.

I would say Hiroyuki Sanada for Scorpion
Stephen Amell for Johnny Cage
Scarlet Johansson for Sonya Blade
Michael Jai White still as Jax
Tom Hardy for Sub-Zero

That's all I can think of so far.