Cassie Cage backstory

We know Cassie is the daughter of Sonya and Johnny Cage.

Wonder how she got recruited by Raiden in becoming a defender of Earth?

Will there be flashbacks of her past? Like...
- How Sonya and Johnny had been training her since she was like... 13 years old?
- When her parents had an argument with Raiden about joining the fight after what happened 25 years ago?

Well, if im not mistaken Ed Boon stated that MKX story
starts shortly after MK9/2011 events and spans about 25 years.
so i guess cassie is a child, or not even born at the start of MKX.
If thats the case, we will see her growing up maybe.

Im Pretty sure that its more about johnny and sonya, till they get
killed in the events of the Story, or just getting too old for Mortal
Kombat, and cassie takes their place.

I would reasonably assume that Raiden would've been a family friend to Cassie since the day she was born (after all, Johnny and Sonya met in the tournament and fought alongside Raiden). It wouldn't surprise me if her parents made him her Godfather (no pun intended), which would've effectively made her an easy recruit for Raiden down the line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I would reasonably assume that Raiden would've been a family friend to Cassie since the day she was born (after all, Johnny and Sonya met in the tournament and fought alongside Raiden). It wouldn't surprise me if her parents made him her Godfather (no pun intended), which would've effectively made her an easy recruit for Raiden down the line.

Hahaha uncle fricken raiden

I want a huge war type of scene for Cassie where she goes to check on Johnny and Sonya and she finds them dead. Would be pretty cool if their death affected her deeply and she would start doubting Raiden, and whith this many people who doubt Raiden, this opens up the story for Fujin!

If either Sonya or Johnny do die in MKX, I don't think that they'll die young, as per Ed's various hints of "aged" variations.
I'm guessing that we'll see Sonya and Johnny raise Cassie in certain snippets of flashbacks, and that Sonya and Johnny will be 50 when Cassie decides to join in the fight and help out.

My hypothesis is that we'll see 1 Sonya and Johnny variation that's near the MK9 part, 1 variation that's near the 15-year mark and a 3rd variation near the 25-year mark.

I could even see a similar scenario to Deadly Alliance where Raiden has gathered Earth's mightiest Mortal Kombat heroes to do battle against the current threat to EarthRealm (at the 25 year mark), and is explaining what happened from MK9 to where they are at in the current point of the story, via different sets of flashbacks and flash-forwards.

Cassie Cage could be the new main hero of the story. Though they might test her popularity for the game before taking it THAT far.

Cassie Cage could be the new main hero of the story. Though they might test her popularity for the game before taking it THAT far.

She may very well end up being that in a way, keeping in mind her beef with Kotal Kahn. :ridinghorse:

She may very well end up being that in a way, keeping in mind her beef with Kotal Kahn. :ridinghorse:

Dare I even mention this! But with hints of the next game becoming a tournament once more, is she being groomed to be the next and new MK tournament champion? She did single-handedly beat a corrupted and more powerful Shinnok in the story mode.
Test of popularity as the new main hero? Please, not from me. It would boost her popularity from my sense; after all, there could be worse new heroes and main heroes at that.
One, if, like I think, the next game will become a tournament-based one, that is a yay for me. It's been a long time and the tournament story is the original one and has a presence in it, no matter what rules get broken. After all, when Liu Kang won it his reward was to become ageless as MK champion.
Two, Liu Kang is dead as we speak and likely ineligible as a Netherrealm, undead resident to compete for Earthrealm.
Three, I know I am likely to be in the minority by even mentioning a replacement for Liu Kang as MK champion. But fair dink, stories change as we've seen in the MK series. Why not give somebody else a chance at the prize and the rewards of MK champion?

Under one condition;

That Liu Kang, even as an undead ruler of the Netherrealm, be given the right to defend his title.

Under one condition;

That Liu Kang, even as an undead ruler of the Netherrealm, be given the right to defend his title.

I see your point as current MK champion that Liu Kang is and I forgot that Scorpion competed as a Netherrealm spectre in the original game.