D'Vorah alignment

Considering that she's with Kotak Kahn, and Kotal Kahn is the Emperor of Outworld at 1 point in MKX, then I'll go with evil.
Kano also seems to have had an allegiance with Kotal Kahn and D'Vorah which went bad at 1 point, because in 1 of the intros he says to D'Vorah "Are you still mad at me?"
Kano has never been in allegiance with the side of good (excluding MKvsDC, in a canon MK storyline continued fighting game).

I'm thinking she's neutral and the reason she's with Kotal Kahn is for reasons that benefit her people. Kind of like Goro in the original timeline.

I'm thinking she's neutral and the reason she's with Kotal Kahn is for reasons that benefit her people. Kind of like Goro in the original timeline.

Fair by me but Goro is a bit different because loyalty is the Shokans' special attribute. In MKX they probably won't seek to overthrow Kotal all the time.

Fair by me but Goro is a bit different because loyalty is the Shokans' special attribute. In MKX they probably won't seek to overthrow Kotal all the time.

Right. So D'vorah's allegiance would likely be a little shakier. And that's fine by me. Could make for a much more interesting story dynamic.

What about insect race from Conquest TV series? They were basically enemies of good guys, and enemies of evil guys, although technically their way of taking the realms wasn't outright evil (seeing how they didn't force anyone to mate with them & die as result), plus they would theoretically conquer Earthrealm by multiplying and not by waging actual war. So I would say Neutral.

Does Ferra's conversation with D'Vorah point towards them being enemies in any way?

The dialogue, just in case anyone forgot:
D'Vorah: "You offend this one, Ferra."
Ferra: "What ladybug do about it?"
D'Vorah: "Exterminate!"

If it does, then maybe D'Vorah or Ferra were allies at some point but one of them went against the other. I could see them both being aligned with Kotal Kahn, and one of them betrayed him. They don't seem like the type of...uh...things that would get along anyway.

Does Ferra's conversation with D'Vorah point towards them being enemies in any way?

If it does, then maybe D'Vorah or Ferra were allies at some point but one of them went against the other. I could see them both being aligned with Kotal Kahn, and one of them betrayed him. They don't seem like the type of...uh...things that would get along anyway.

I think that seems plausible. D'Vorah's conversations with Kotal made it seem she was very loyal, so Ferra/Torr (if they're serving Kotal) could have betrayed him, causing D'Vorah to despise them.

Another scenario is that Ferra/Torr was Kotal's favorite subject, despite D'Vorah's loyalty to him -- causing indiscretions between them. This is usual scenario in plots (a good example of this is the Guardians of the Galaxy Gamora vs. Nebula situation)

Either way, I'm more interested in how D'Vorah and Kotal met.

Casting call spoilers:

Spoiler:
So she works for Kotal Kahn, as suspected. She's described as loyal, so I'm expecting her to be like Goro, honourable warrior type that might do bad things if working for an evil master.

The only good bug is a dead one. That should speak volumes about D'Vorah's alignment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I love Ferra's reply to her. Even with broken English, she is witty and charismatic. I can't wait to play with her and Torr. However, I think that intro alludes to Ferra/Torr's eventual defecting from Kotal's camp. D'Vorah is his right hand so she takes special offense to seeing Ferra/Torr show their faces after committing treason.