MK2 font redo!

iconbadgta

I am currently working on a new font based off the MK2 arcade font.

The reason I am doing this is to help people who like the font but want to do stuff with it in a new hd type setting.

Below are pics comparing the original vs my new set, I could sure use some help in how to make it a font or what program I need if there is one.

The image below is a picture or "screenshot" of the vector letters I am working on, I can resize them to whatever size and not loose detail etc. I love doing vector artworks, it's the only way to go.

With that being said, again any help is appreciated, I really want to o this and maybe the other fonts used in the game as well such as the intro font and MK1 one as well!

AdamMK2 FONT.png

I am still going ahead with mine.. If anyone knows how to use font programs I will gladly share half the credit with them.

Done some editing to a few characters. They are each their own individual vector file and are ready to be turned into a font.

Just got to figure out how!

MK2 Font Work.png

I finally found a YouTube video on how to do it using Illustrator which is the program I used to trace over the outline of the original font with and a program called font lab in which now I have to run down a serial for lol.

Looking at Calactyte's font, it seemed he may have used the auto trace feature of Illustrator which does ok but I wanted to replicate what I think they were trying to do with the font instead of an exact reproduction.

I think either choice would be a cool thing to have.

ICON

Either way it will look great IMHO. I'm very interested to see the finished product, as I thoroughly enjoy Photoshopping all sorts of klassic MK scenery :).