What is next for Goro?

Reptil3

So talk about Goro has been pretty quiet lately and rightfully so since we haven't had any additional info since the reveal.

We all know that Goro is a pre-order DLC and likely won't have much involvement if any in the story mode..
Regardless, Goro is one of the original characters of the series but. has the new timeline done more harm than good for this character?

- We are unlucky that The storyline between the Shokan and Centaurians has pretty much been ignored if not omitted which doesn't help either race.

- The Tigrar lineage of the Shokan's has also been a non factor in the new timeline.

- With Liu Kang's role in future games shrouded in mystery, we can probably assume Goro won't be looking for revenge.

Don't get me wrong he could always come back as a sub boss to align with the whoever the villain is at the time for future games but the scenario does feel played out imo...

So the question is what is next for Goro?
What would you like to see?

I was under the impression that Goro might of originally been part of the roster. But then later the team decided him as a pre-order incentive as a result of the lack of attention MKX is getting compared to the norm.

I forget where I read this. Does anyone have any insight?

Its a shame! I said it before and ill say it again. Goro used to be and should be that character that any and all opponents should pray they dont have to face. The new timeline seriously reduced his status from Outworld Champion to Lackey really quick. Its terrible bc Goro actually has a rich background.
He has been an incredible asset to both sides. Hopefully they can make him worthy again in MKX

I just hope they don't make him a braindead monster. Goro is a prince for christ's sake, give him some actual dialogue.

Ill be VERY disappointed if Goro doesn't make an appearance in the story..
I already have to deal with the fact that they basically ruined the Shokan this time around.

And iv always hated that they seem to ignore the fact that there even is a Tigrar lineage.
Or they just forget about Kintaro all together. Witch sucks, cuz I like Kintaro almost as much as I like Goro.
Iv always wondered what happens to Kintaro after Shao Kahn dies...Too bad we probably wont even get a cameo....

As long as Goro remains a relevant part of MK, it's fine. I don't even care if he gets demoted from boss-status to playable roster permanently. Can't wait for some info about his variations, though.

I'm also hoping that we'll at least get a Goro cameo in story mode.
Him being MKX DLC / pre-order / timed DLC DOES free up the main roster, so I'm cool with that.
That said, maybe he can fill the MK9 Shang Tsung role in Ladder Mode.
Playable Sub-Boss, before the next Sub-Boss, before the Final boss.

^This might be a stupid question but i haven't looked anything since the reveal about it.... Since goro is a pre oder DLC, is that for him to be playable or as a DLC bonus sub boss?

Getting really sick of NRS ignoring the Centaurians and Shokans.

^This might be a stupid question but i haven't looked anything since the reveal about it.... Since goro is a pre oder DLC, is that for him to be playable or as a DLC bonus sub boss?

Playable.
Ed Boon said that Goro plays similar to Solomon Grundy, so I can only assume that it means time-released DLC for the people who didn't pre-order MKX, and a free bonus code for the people that DID pre-order MKX.

Best case scenario is that we at least get "something" from MKX for Goro no matter how small.

He's been really lacking development, perhaps we could at least get a mention of the shokan race within some character's bio or even within the story mode which could lead to some insight for future events/character rivalry pertaining to Goro or..... if we are lucky the race itself.

perhaps another blood war between outworld races is something we need.
The Prince's presence must be known.

I would definitely like to see Goro on the side of Good. Or maybe some type of temporary alliance/truce.

Turning Goro evil again was the worst thing ever to happen to his character. It made turning him good completely useless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure where I've seen this but are the Shokans basically working with those who they see worthy enough to help their race out, doesn't make a difference if they're evil or good?

I would like to see Goro take control of the Shokans and do something awesome. I mean you have Sheeva and her ending, that was sorta cool (despite that I wasn't a fan of her ending) and you know that the ending is most likely not canon. (As well as my favorite not even returning due to popularity) I mean, you have two races that have an interesting war going on and there's hardly any focus on it. I'd like to see something happen with this war.

The only purpose Sheeva's ending served was to take a potshot at a certain country for their certain treatment of MK9.

The only purpose Sheeva's ending served was to take a potshot at a certain country for their certain treatment of MK9.

Yea true and it is unfortunate considering her story in the original timeline was pretty solid.

Yea true and it is unfortunate considering her story in the original timeline was pretty solid.
That story singlehandedly set the stage for the entire Shokan race, up to and including Prince Goro himself, turning good. Take that away from Sheeva and she's a shit character.

I just hope they don't make him a braindead monster. Goro is a prince for christ's sake, give him some actual dialogue.

This.

I'm also hoping that we'll at least get a Goro cameo in story mode.
Him being MKX DLC / pre-order / timed DLC DOES free up the main roster, so I'm cool with that.
That said, maybe he can fill the MK9 Shang Tsung role in Ladder Mode.
Playable Sub-Boss, before the next Sub-Boss, before the Final boss.

My sentiments exactly! I'd really enjoy a true classic MK1 return/feel for Goro here.