What is next for Goro?

Fixed. 8)
It was The Great Kung Lao that Goro had originally defeated, 500 years prior to MK1.

maybe it's because it's 1:30 am but.... i don't get it, how is that fixed? Why would goro seek revenge on somebody he's already killed?

Was it a non canon ending where Kung Lao is the reincarnation of The Great Kung Lao? Just curious, was it ever confirmed through twitter or anything?

Either way I'd be disappointed if we see another liu kang vs goro rivalry... I feel that it's almost the only thing we've seen goro really do in the series, it makes him look very one dimensional and simple minded. :/

I'm really hoping goro takes a more serious role in respect of a leadership/being the prince of shokan.
I'd like him to actually be feared again.

maybe it's because it's 1:30 am but.... i don't get it, how is that fixed? Why would goro seek revenge on somebody he's already killed?

No, no.
I should have been more clear about that.
Sorry.

He and Kung Lao (The Great Kung Lao's ancestor) were at odds with each other in the old timeline.
That's what I meant.

Was it a non canon ending where Kung Lao is the reincarnation of The Great Kung Lao? Just curious, was it ever confirmed through twitter or anything?

Kung Lao's MK4 ending was canon, I believe, and The Great Kung Lao is Kung Lao's ancestor.
As for MK9, whether it's canon or not that he is the actual reincarnation is another story.
He IS Kung Lao's ancestor, though.

Either way I'd be disappointed if we see another liu kang vs goro rivalry... I feel that it's almost the only thing we've seen goro really do in the series, it makes him look very one dimensional and simple minded. :/

I'm really hoping goro takes a more serious role in respect of a leadership/being the prince of shokan.
I'd like him to actually be feared again.

Agreed. :beer: I also want something different for Goro in MKX

That would be good to see or also seeing Goro turn good would be nice.
He would be a hell of an ally for Raiden to have in MKX, IMO.

No, no.
I should have been more clear about that.
Sorry.
He and Kung Lao (The Great Kung Lao's ancestor) were at odds with each other in the old timeline.
That's what I meant.
Haha no problem, I thought i was hallucinating for a moment lol.

Kung Lao's MK4 ending was canon, I believe, and The Great Kung Lao is Kung Lao's ancestor.
As for MK9, whether it's canon or not that he is the actual reincarnation is another story.
He IS Kung Lao's ancestor, though.
ohhh I forgot about his MK4 ending my bad.. that handshake lol

Agreed. :beer: I also want something different for Goro in MKX
That would be good to see or also seeing Goro turn good would be nice.
He would be a hell of an ally for Raiden to have in MKX, IMO.

i would love it if he were to be an ally to Raiden! Raiden would definitely need it that's for sure, he doesn't have many lives left to gamble away lol

i would love it if he were to be an ally to Raiden! Raiden would definitely need it that's for sure, he doesn't have many lives left to gamble away lol

Yeah, especially with the threat of Quan Chi and possibly Shinnok on the other side. lol
Agreed. This is why I also think Fujin is possible for MKX. Raiden needs as many allies as he can get in MKX.

^If Fujin doesn't make it into MKX it will be the biggest disappointment.
Looking at the current revealed roster... Raiden really doesn't have many allies at all. :/
Hoping the next reveal is Fujin... or somebody else post MK3

So, the new comic information we got a while ago seems to hint at a Goro/Kotal Kahn rivalry.

I'm thinking after Shao Kahn "died" the Shokan may have stood up and claimed Outworld for themselves.
It would only make perfect sense, considering the fact that the Shokan have some of the strongest warriors in all of Outworld. So it's not like anybody's gonna stop them...Well, besides Kotal Kahn.

Then when Kotal takes Outworld, Goro could then ally the Shokan with the forces of light.
I'm sure the forces of light would rather Goro be in charge then Kotal. At least the Shokan have some respect.

Last edited:
Well, if Goro is going to face Kotal Kahn, I think he will loose.

I think of that, just speculating, of course, because 1. Kotal Kahn is a new char, no way he will die like this; 2. unless he becomes friends with Kotal, just like MKGold with Kung Lao, even hurt, he's not going to accept Kahn.

Moral of the story: BECOME "GOOD" AGAIN.

Unless Kotal Kahn is "good". I can't imagine a good Outworld emperor. That's just...wrong to the title...but it would be an awesome plot.

I don't really see them working anything out.

That's what i'm hoping anyway. Goro and the Shokan need to take a stand.
Outworld belongs to them

I don't really see them working anything out.

That's what i'm hoping anyway. Goro and the Shokan need to take a stand.
Outworld belongs to them

You are forgetting the centaurs! And all other races that can be native to the realm, like Tarkatans and outworlders like Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho, Reiko...without saying edenians, considering Edenia is still merged with Outworld, so they formally are outworlders!

Also, the jungle mentions an "ancient Outworld's race", D'vorah is not far from a different Outworld species, Ferra, Torr and, obviously Kotal Kahn, who can be an outworlder (who knows!).

You see, there are lots of races in dispute to the throne, Shokans are far from being legitimate owners of the realm.

And don't forget Onaga! :p

Well, he's gotta go thru them to get to the throne.

But, he was champion for like 500 years. He had to win hundreds of fights. :)

Hahahahaaaaaaaa what is 500 years to a guy like Shao Kahn?

:laugh: this is for Scorpion's teasers :gr_devil:

Vengeance will be mine!! :laugh:

Kidding.

But all hail Kotal Kahn (in the lack of Shao Kahn and in the lack of Onaga :p)!!

"Goro slew the emperor, ending this indignity. He then used Shao Kahn's blood to paint runic symbols on his body-an ancient Shokan ritual of succession."

That's how Goro rolls. haha

Kotal Kahn better watch out, before Goro paints his body with Aztec blood. :laugh:

I read somewhere that there will be an actual trailer for the Prince of Kuatan coming up at a later point.