What is next for Goro?

If I had to guess, and obviously this is conjecture on my part, Goro is in the game/story mode and is one of the characters that unlock throughout playing through Story mode.

The pre-order bonus will simply unlock him early.

If I had to guess, and obviously this is conjecture on my part, Goro is in the game/story mode and is one of the characters that unlock throughout playing through Story mode.

The pre-order bonus will simply unlock him early.

Uhhh...I doubt this.
I'm sure they'll let you have him if you pre-order,
But, like almost every game to date, instead of being unlockable in-game, he'll probably go as DLC for the people who are interested in BUYING him later on.
Why would they only let you have him by pre-ordering the game, just to unlock him in story mode possibly 30 minutes later, which everyone will get? It doesn't make much sense to me. Unless you mean to say something else, then please elaborate.

Best part of the Kitana/Kung Lao Reveal trailer for me...
tumblr_ni6o5rqJLr1rzm7hxo4_400.gif

it was simply Bad Ass! he really looks like a force to be reckoned with...Let's all hope so!

This wouldn't be the first time a pre-order bonus just unlocked a item already in a game.

In MK9 the pre-order bonuses were nothing more than character skins and old finishing moves. But that is completely different from segregating a entire character from the player base. Particularly a character as important to the series as goro. Taking into account that this pre-order bonus is also retail only (to this point at least), Im leaning toward it being nothing more than a unlock code. Pre-order retail unlock him immediately.

And obviously its not going to be 30 minutes in. You would be surprised how many people never played the story mode in MK9. Three of my buddies all bought and loved the game but when I played with them they still had the original character set with no one unlocked. Its been a long time since I played MK9 Story mode, but from what I recall it took quite a while to unlock everyone.

The main factor is that he has been revealed well before the games release and as a pre-order incentive. Meaning before the game is even finished they are focusing time and energy on a playable character who they are going to only allow retail purchasers to have?? Pardon the pun, but I dont buy it.

This wouldn't be the first time a pre-order bonus just unlocked a item already in a game.

In MK9 the pre-order bonuses were nothing more than character skins and old finishing moves. But that is completely different from segregating a entire character from the player base. Particularly a character as important to the series as goro. Taking into account that this pre-order bonus is also retail only (to this point at least), Im leaning toward it being nothing more than a unlock code. Pre-order retail unlock him immediately.

And obviously its not going to be 30 minutes in. You would be surprised how many people never played the story mode in MK9. Three of my buddies all bought and loved the game but when I played with them they still had the original character set with no one unlocked. Its been a long time since I played MK9 Story mode, but from what I recall it took quite a while to unlock everyone.

The main factor is that he has been revealed well before the games release and as a pre-order incentive. Meaning before the game is even finished they are focusing time and energy on a playable character who they are going to only allow retail purchasers to have?? Pardon the pun, but I dont buy it.

You're still not really getting through to me, whatsoever.
Yes, the pre-order bonus WAS just costumes and fatalities for characters, but did we unlock those in the story for finishing the game?..No. Did we unlock those costumes and fatalities for finishing certain levels in the challenge tower?..No.
The entire point of giving someone the satisfaction of getting a PRE-ORDER BONUS is to have what other people DON'T have, and being able to flaunt how you got that reward from spending more time, money, and anticipation into getting that game. Giving every single player Goro for getting to a certain point in story mode is a big middle finger and a long laugh to the people who spent extra money for shipping and handling for pre-ordering.

For example;
Batman:Arkham City pre-order bonus was being able to play as robin in a few extra levels. After about 3 months of release, it became a DLC for $10. Do we get that from beating the story? Nope. It's a Pre-Order exclusive.

Pre-ordering costs no extra money. Literally none. Its a middle finger to no one. And they still got something that everyone else didnt. They got to play as Goro without unlocking him.

Evolve is doing the exact same thing I am talking about. If you pre-order on Xbox live it unlocks all the character tiers immediately. Not exclusive tiers, not tiers that no one else gets. It simply removes the time investment to unlock them. What I am suggesting is not without precedent. If you dont believe it, cool, thats fine.

The only people getting a middle finger are the people who want to buy the game digitally. If I pre-order at Walmart, Gamestop, Target, Best Buy, etc I get a extra character, but if I digitally pre-order, I get a big middle finger.

^The same thing happens with other games where if you don't pre order you can purchase the character later.
E.g. WWE2K14 regular pre order had the Ultimate Warrior... those who didn't pre order were able to purchase the character months later as well as other pre order characters from other deals for the game.
I could give more examples but I don't really think I need to, if you play/buy enough games you know that this concept is nothing new or uncommon.
If you feel cheated about it say what you want but it's a waste of time Simply pre-order and don't make the purchase at a later date.

^The same thing happens with other games where if you don't pre order you can purchase the character later.
E.g. WWE2K14 regular pre order had the Ultimate Warrior... those who didn't pre order were able to purchase the character months later as well as other pre order characters from other deals for the game.
I could give more examples but I don't really think I need to, if you play/buy enough games you know that this concept is nothing new or uncommon.
If you feel cheated about it say what you want but it's a waste of time Simply pre-order and don't make the purchase at a later date.

Exactly.
I can guarantee that if Goro is a pre-order reward, (Which he is), The people who did not pre-order will have to buy him as DLC later when the game comes out.
It makes literally no sense to get a reward that anyone can get by playing story.
To especially think that a Mortal Kombat game will have this happen is anything from absurd. If a pre-order bonus is unlockable in-game the day that people who didn't pre-order will get it, then we should of all had the classic costumes for playing story mode/challenge tower and finishing it, right?

I'm not being hateful to you, asears, I'm just saying that something this valuable, especially a character that NRS can make a lot of money from, will obviously not be an in-game choice. Especially since it comes as a Download extra, meaning the file can be used again as a buyers choice later on after release.
Especially the promo they give him,
..Also the fact that in all of the promo they've given him, it always says "Goro is a PRE-ORDER EXCLUSIVE character", meaning he WILL NOT be in-game as an unlockable already stated.

Why are people defending this non sense? I'm a huge fan of Goro, and an even bigger fan of Mortal Kombat in general. But this pre order incentive is horse shit. I know that it's WB's call though. NRS doesn't want to screw over fans.

Which is stupid as hell because some people like to wait for reviews and fan feedback.

Why are people defending this non sense? I'm a huge fan of Goro, and an even bigger fan of Mortal Kombat in general. But this pre order incentive is horse shit. I know that it's WB's call though. NRS doesn't want to screw over fans.

Which is stupid as hell because some people like to wait for reviews and fan feedback.

So you're telling me you don't want Goro regardless? :bunny:

Its completely reasonable to feel cheated. Pre-ordering doesn't give you goro. You SPECIFICALLY have to pre-order from a retail outlet.
I want a digital copy, not a disc copy. If I pre-order from Xbox Live or PSN I don't get goro.

So you're telling me you don't want Goro regardless? :bunny:

I'm getting Goro, but this shouldn't be the way I have to get him. Stop being an entitled douche and understand that not everyone has internet access. They're creating a character, pulling him from the game and holding him hostage. There is no reason to defend this just because you're a fanboy. I'm a fanboy too, but there is no logic in fans morally supporting this practice. Why would you rather not have Goro unlockable in game?

And @dibshit above who thinks things like this show "value" and allow you to "show off". How pathetic is your life that you feel the need to flaunt your fandom to random people?

Its completely reasonable to feel cheated. Pre-ordering doesn't give you goro. You SPECIFICALLY have to pre-order from a retail outlet.
I want a digital copy, not a disc copy. If I pre-order from Xbox Live or PSN I don't get goro.

I don't think it's retail only. You can pre-order games digitally too, at least I know you can on PSN. Not too sure about XBL. And I know that you get the same downloadable pre order bonuses as retail. As long as it isn't something physical like a poster.

Digital = Kounterfeit
Physical = Authentic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'm not being hateful to you, asears, I'm just saying that something this valuable, especially a character that NRS can make a lot of money from, will obviously not be an in-game choice. Especially since it comes as a Download extra, meaning the file can be used again as a buyers choice later on after release.
Especially the promo they give him,
..Also the fact that in all of the promo they've given him, it always says "Goro is a PRE-ORDER EXCLUSIVE character", meaning he WILL NOT be in-game as an unlockable already stated.

No worries, I dont take offense. Its okay to disagree.

I have a feeling that Goro will be unlockable through campaign, and like others have said : the code is simply a way to unlock him early. I think the most recent UFC game did this with their Bruce Lee character as well.

I'm getting Goro, but this shouldn't be the way I have to get him. Stop being an entitled douche and understand that not everyone has internet access. They're creating a character, pulling him from the game and holding him hostage. There is no reason to defend this just because you're a fanboy. I'm a fanboy too, but there is no logic in fans morally supporting this practice. Why would you rather not have Goro unlockable in game?

Umm take it easy son, I'll admit I didn't think about those without internet access. Hell I wasn't able to purchase MK9 DLC due that same issue so I know all about it.
But this however is a preorder DLC and people without internet have an option unlike later DLC.
There will be characters unlockable through story mode within the game, it goes with out saying this is MK.
What's wrong with having a preorder bonus? Sorry if I seemed insensitive but I don't really see how anyone can blame NRS for this, nearly every game does this in one shape or form... it's just something that gamers have to deal with.
Do I support this practice? NOPE but every game has DLC etc. why make a big deal about it when it happens on a daily basis and will never change...
And you make sound like I'm hell bent on defending this crap which I'm not.
The only reason I even commented was because asears08 comments sounded like this was a wild and crazy thing that had never been done before lol.

Long story short I wish there was no such thing as DLC and that every character/other crap they intended to be in the game was in from the beginning an unlockable some how. But unfortunately that isn't the case, why would I even expect it to be?
DLC is just such a prominent thing these days as soon as you buy a game the first thing a friend asks is what the DLC is like... like it or not it's just how things are now.

I'm sorry man but what kind of attitude is that to have?
"This is a horrible practice but every game does it so, I guess I'll just fall in line and accept it like everyone else".

This type of thinking is exactly why this treatment of consumers is running rampant in the game industry. Everyone's so accepting of all the BS these companies keep coming up with.

What’s to stop Warner Bros. from creating something like this for the next MK release:
Outworld Invaders Bonus -
Pre-Order to be the first to be able to take these kombatants online:
Reptile
Baraka
Mileena

How shitty would that be? If they created a "bonus" that would restrict certain characters to offline battles unless you pre-ordered? But right now, it appears there’s nothing stopping WB from doing that because everyones attitude is “ah well there’s nothing we can do, we should just suck it up and buy all this companies bullshit anyway”.

Can you imagine if this type of thinking was the majority attitude in response to the original Xbox One specs Microsoft revealed?? They would completely have the consumers by the balls right now. Instead, people actually spoke up and changed the landscape of the XO, making it more consumer friendly.

The only thing that could make this pre-order promotion worse if it was restricted to certain retailers. Oh wait.. this promotion is even shittier in the UK, where Goro can only be obtained by pre-ordering specifically at the retailer GAME. This is bullshit! In America at least we can pre-order at Amazon, Target, Best Buy etc... but in the UK this promotion is retailer specific. Want Goro in the UK? Well, "screw you" unless you shop at GAME. If you can't see how bad that is for the consumer then I can't help you.

And you say you don't support this type of practice yet when people give in and pre-order months before the game comes out, they're sending big wigs at Warner Bros. a very different message. I'm not saying you have or will be pre-ordering, but I'm just saying the people that do pre-order will be sending them a message that the Goro promotion is a good incentive.

I'm sorry man but what kind of attitude is that to have?

I hope you read the last 2 paragraphs. :zzz:
Look man I don't condone it, and I've spoken against it before but this is reality.
Like I said before the context of my comment pertained to another which mentioned this as if it was a new and horrifying concept.:shot:

Also I know full well how much a pain retail specific crap can be, Australia is no better than the UK.:eek:fftheair:

Well other than all of this useless bickering about how much you all love or hate Goro being a Pre-Order DLC,
I'm honestly interested to see how he plays.
Wonder if they'll make it like MKD when you could perform fatalities and grabs on him, or if he'll just be the MK'11 type with a one-way fatality.
Just a bit longer of a wait to see how his gameplay mechanics are. I won't be getting MKX until November anyway so I have no point in being mad about him being a PO-Only or not. :)