Will Quan Chi be a Boss?

Having the fallen heroes in the story as part as Quan Chi's army would be amazing. even if they didn't have a major part. QC could use them to torment Raiden over his failure/lose to get under his skin and make him break. Oh man i think that would be an awesome idea.

Just imagine a scene; Raiden and QC are fighting an Raiden gets the upperhand. QC smirks and all of a sudden portals open and out come the fallen heroes under QC's control. They all start to blame Raiden for what happened and attack. he defends himself but thats all he does as they all attack and get in his mind. QC escapes for the time being leaving Raiden going "mad"

I should be on the MK writing team LMAO

Having the fallen heroes in the story as part as Quan Chi's army would be amazing. even if they didn't have a major part. QC could use them to torment Raiden over his failure/lose to get under his skin and make him break.

I think it's a great scenario too.
It would be a great way to have the dead warriors appear as cameos and give a chance for the new characters to shine in MKX, without taking up extra roster space.
They can stay dead for 1 game, IMO, and maybe come back for MK11.
It also gives NRS a chance to see how these new characters fare with the fans, and make adjustments for the next game if people fon't like some of them.

Why can't Midway... I mean Netherrealm put unplayable secret characters (where they can't be hacked to become playable) in MK games anymore like MK1 Reptile or MK2 Smoke...

Why can't Midway... I mean Netherrealm put unplayable secret characters (where they can't be hacked to become playable) in MK games anymore like MK1 Reptile or MK2 Smoke...

I imagine those who didn't purchase any DLC might feel otherwise lol
Though i don't think it would be that many people..

I am willing to bet that Quan Chi will be a boss character in the Ladder, in one form or another. The least possibility being the way Shang Tsung was a "stickied" third last fighter in Mortal Kombat II's arcade ladder; Quan Chi could be like that as well, at least.

Boon has said it in one of earliest MKX interviews, that final boss will not be a newcomer, but instead of returning characters that no one will be able to guess.

It may be.

However, out of my pure curiosity, do you have any source for this? :-o

Onaga is pretty much ruled out entirely. Especially if shinnok will really be in the game. Moloch has a better chance. But zombie lui kang seems all but confirmed. I don't like counting my chickens before they hatch

Shinnok is too obvious of a choice, but he could have his little scuffle like old Shang Tsung had in MK9. In fact, all the evidence makes me doubt that decent games with Shinnok as final boss can ever exist.

He has never been given a real chance though. He's only been playable in mk4 and Armageddon. He is the 1 guy with an actual motive to do bad things. As a fallen elder god, he could make a great antagonist if his arc is done right. They should bring back obscure characters since they are making new ones. Moloch onaga and then they bring in some of the just for fun characters such as mokap and we have a perfect mortal kombatbgame like the older ones

Heh, if it's a character "no one is going to guess," my bet is on Shang Tsung.

Hear me out:

We all assumed he "died" when Kahn ripped his "soul" out and gave it to Sindel.

Then months later we're told Shang Tsung's abilities are the only thing that Kahn gave Sindel via Twitter thing. So basically that means Shang Tsung is still alive.

Sindel is dead, and her soul is in Quan Chi's possession, but if Shang Tsung's abilities were the only thing that got transferred into her. But let's assume that Shang Tsung's soul is under control of Shinnok, so he's basically undead. Let's say Shinnok instead stays behind while Quan Chi does his bidding for him and such before he can finally come out and do his own stuff. Some of these souls are doing something for Shinnok in the Netherrealm, I'm guessing, making him become more powerful. Let's say that?

The undead are freed due to whoever saves their souls from Quan Chi and Shinnok. Quan Chi initially dies by the hands of whoever saved the undead from being their slaves and such which means the souls I guess could go back to the Netherrealm if there's no way they can go to the Heavens.

So, let's say Sindel's soul with Shang Tsung's abilities get sucked into Shang's body. He somehow overthrows Shinnok because let's say, having Sindel's soul made him incredibly powerful, thus he has maybe some beef with Raiden. I don't know, I'm still figuring out logistics and stuff but, it IS a possibility that there might be some hope for Shang Tsung being the evil guy once again.

He has never been given a real chance though. He's only been playable in mk4 and Armageddon. He is the 1 guy with an actual motive to do bad things. As a fallen elder god, he could make a great antagonist if his arc is done right. They should bring back obscure characters since they are making new ones. Moloch onaga and then they bring in some of the just for fun characters such as mokap and we have a perfect mortal kombatbgame like the older ones

I will never understand why Shinnok was shrugged off and pushed aside like he was. He really should be the face of evil in the MK games. Not Kahn. I mean, he's a fallen God. Wtf, NRS.