TRMK's Front Page tho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^agreed this is crap. Either elect new mods to help out if it's really that hard or get your act together.
Still waiting on the quan chi sub section for the MKX sub forum... -__-

um, yeah, good one.

some of us have had things going on in the real world lately that has kept us away from the forum. sorry? no, wait, none of us should have to apologise to anyone for 'life' happening. also, I am pretty sure I've gone above and beyond on many occasions to help people out, as well as other mods, when they got the chance. not trying to give a 'standard staff response' on the issue, but, we do our best. if you are unhappy about it and want to continue to be ungrateful, you know where the log out button is. not trying to be a huge dick, but, it's garbage when people have ignorant things to say when they don't know even half the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. maybe try to pull out the respect card sometime, not just towards us, but, towards everyone.....

I will bring up the issue to Patrick on facebook. he is quite busy, however, he does check in on FB, so, that's the easiest way I can get a hold of him. I don't do the updates to that page.

some of us have had things going on in the real world lately that has kept us away from the forum. sorry? no, wait, none of us should have to apologise to anyone for 'life' happening. also, I am pretty sure I've gone above and beyond on many occasions to help people out, as well as other mods, when they got the chance. not trying to give a 'standard staff response' on the issue, but, we do our best. if you are unhappy about it and want to continue to be ungrateful, you know where the log out button is, trying to be a huge dick but, it's garbage when people have ignorant things to say when they don't know even half the stuff that goes on behind the scenes

Yes you are absolutely correct, how ignorant of me to suggest that you should get more people to help because you guys are really busy.

I will bring up the issue to Patrick on facebook. he is quite busy, however, he does check in on FB, so, that's the easiest way I can get a hold of him. I don't do the updates to that page.

No hard feelings, tc.

Last edited:
Jade is right though lol.

I was just trying to make a suggestion and then dudes came in here talking about how people need to "get their act together" and it's looking like I'm trying to stage a coup :laugh:

NOT MY INTENTION!!

^
ohwell.png

Hey you know what?? Call me a fool, but I don't like/I'm not gonna jump on hey let's play wackamolle with the mod. Jade's right. Everybody has busy lives and has things to be concerned about.

It's unfair to cast them as uncaring.

As far as front page news, I'd like to write more news but sadly I am super busy these days and I only have an hour of free time on an average day and less on a daily basis in which to take care of other life things. I try to get things done here during the commute (like now) when I have time to do so, which is not every day. Just the facts of life that my day job demands more of my time than my side job, running this site.

I've asked for people to help with news stories before and sadly that didn't work out. These roles are not just mods, mods manage forums not write front page news. For front page news we need people who like to write, and I'm always open to listen to pitches for people who want to do this, but right now it's just me. Is the front page as important as the forum content? Maybe not, the news hits the forums faster than I can dream to post it.

Anyone interested in writing content for our front page? Send me some samples of your writing via email which can be found by clicking my name here (http://www.trmk.org/about/staff.php) and we can see if we can work something out.

But as far as forum sections, yeah those I should be faster about and thankfully a few people here, namely @uKER; PM me images to use to allow me do it faster especially with crappy train internet.

Those who wanted this to happen, may finally get their wish due to a forced upgrade of our php version. A new placeholder front page will appear shortly while we work on a new front page that archives our news posts and promotes the forums, gamespaces and features.

Status
Not open for further replies.