Goro and Release date revealed.

UZI

Boon posted some hints on Twitter the last days... He is hinting at Goro... what do you think about it?

http://shoryuken.com/2014/09/04/netherrealm-studios-ed-boon-has-been-talking-about-mortal-kombats-goro-quite-a-bit-lately/

MOD EDIT:
Goro Revealed
db8d7690fbeb62de1749bcde9da3f727.jpg

Release date: 14th of April, 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Do we get Goro?

As a sub boss for a portion of the story mode would be ok but i'm hoping for new sub bosses.
If he is in the game they better focus on making him taller rather than wider like the did with him and shao kahn in MK9.
As far as playable goes I'm really against, purely for the fact that sub bosses should never be playable.
However if he is playable there better be a really damn good reason for it (story-wise) otherwise there's no need for him.

Hope not. But we don't have many sub bosses in the series. Just make some sort of netherrealm beast instead. Idk. There's only so much they can do with Goro and Kin moveset wise. They're still going to be slow, one shot fire balls. A stomp. Going to be beaten in the same Mk1-9 way, so why not give us something unusual to look at. Give 'em a vacation.

^ wait a sec is this legit or just something from deviant art like the reptile poster?
If this is legit then you can bet your bottom dollor he won't be in story mode at all considering he's just a pre-order DLC
He looks pretty damn beastly though... (taller instead of just being wider, which is a major +)

WOW ok.. Well i never expected him to be DLC (it is nice for a change, i'll take him over guest characters every damn time hahaha)
I know i said this before but.... he looks so damn beastly there! Part of me still wants him as a sub boss instead now lol
Also we have a release date people!!!!
Also hopefully he is available for BOTH generation consoles (PS3, PS4 & Xbox one etc.)

I posted this pic in the MKX media thread as soon as it was revealed .Do we make a new thread about every character reveal?

"This is where you fall down"

I posted this pic in the MKX media thread as soon as it was revealed .Do we make a new thread about every character reveal?

A reveal as big as this should deserve it's own thread, IMO. if the other mods feel otherwise, they'll merge it.

Thanks Jinko.I don't like Goro playable..it takes away from the mystique of him.

[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION], I believe you have a promise to fulfill. :laugh:

Thanks Jinko.I don't like Goro playable..it takes away from the mystique of him.

He'll just be a fun playable DLC, so he doesn't seem to have any story implications.
Pretty sure he'll be quite a bit toned down, and it sure beats having Sheeva in, IMO.

why....make goro playable!?!?!

I agree to an extant only because i feel it ruins the mystique of a boss type character.
One solid reason why i'm ok with this is......
Because no MK character has the capability of creating a bigger buzz as pre-order DLC. It's an irrefutable fact #DEAL.WITH.IT.

I like this. He's optional. If you don't want Goro playable, you can still have that by:

1. Not preordering
2. Preordering and giving the code to a friend

I could understand being mad if he took up a roster spot.

Also, I think he looks cool, but I also think it's incredibly easy to look like a badass when 70% of your body is shadowed.

In-game screens and/or video needed to judge. Promo renders look amazing all the time.