Goro and Release date revealed.

Hell yeah! It's about time we get something different and I don't give a flying if he's a slow playable character. Shit, it's GORO!

I'm cool with this as long as:

A. He's not a sub-boss.
B. He's not as powerful as the bosses/sub-bosses.
C. It's not a deal where pre-ordering gives you "early access", or you have to buy him if you don't pre-order.

He looks great though, love the whole tribal look.

EDIT: And it looks like requirement "B" is satisfied if the rumblings about him playing like Doomsday are correct.

Last edited:
I don't think he'll be as strong as a sub boss. Just because its goro doesn't mean he has to be over powered...I hope he is a grappling character.

I can see why they pick Goro as a pre-order bonus. He's a iconic character and a big scary looking character, so picking him will likely sell well.

You know...I keep saying this game may astonish us.

We are discussing many characters and plots...but the highly speculated characters are the "klassic" ones.

First, Scorpion and Sub-Zero were konfirmed. We all thoguth "well, marketing process". Ok.

Then they show us Raiden. Then Kano.

And we know that Johnny, Sonya and Liu Kang are very possible. They are the only that we are discussing with a big probability.

Then they show us Goro. What will be obstacle to release Shang Tsung? (who is not dead by "vogelling").

Maybe they are taking the next generation very beyond our imagination, and the strong basis of all MK, which is the first one, will be the one to watch this evolution. If weren't for those guys, we wouldn't be discussing here.

Hot damn, I really want to have this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigh.... dlc preorder crap it's the mk9 fiasco all over again. I can't say I didn't see this coming but that doesn't make the news any easier to digest.

sigh.... dlc preorder crap it's the mk9 fiasco all over again. I can't say I didn't see this coming but that doesn't make the news any easier to digest.
Then you should never have bought MK9 in the first place if you don't like pre-order DLC. Money talks and bullshit walks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Curious question...It says pre-order now to play as Goro...Coming 4/14/2015...Is that when the game comes out or is that just when the DLC comes out? Hmmmmmm?

Curious question...It says pre-order now to play as Goro...Coming 4/14/2015...Is that when the game comes out or is that just when the DLC comes out? Hmmmmmm?

It's the release date.

Ed Boon tweeted this
"MKX is coming 4.14.15. Pre-Order and get GORO as an exclusive fighter!"

Well, at the least we have for PS3. If it was already available, I would buy it right now.

I'm also thinking buying for PC, depends on the price.

Why would anyone complain about a full blown character being given to us?

This "he's a boss so he should be unplayable" is a very unnecessarily limiting notion. We are buying this game why the heck do you want to be cut off from even 1 ounce of it? Plus I personally love the non-human characters and I hope they are more elaborate and exciting than ever in this rendition of Mortal Kombat. Whooo!