Goro and Release date revealed.

"Pre-order now to fight as Goro"

That implies playable, as in 3 variations in ladder and online.

Playable just implies that you can take control of them, his availability could still be restricted.

Technically the joker was playable in arkham asylum, but he was limited to just a few challenge maps.

Playable just implies that you can take control of them, his availability could still be restricted.

Technically the joker was playable in arkham asylum, but he was limited to just a few challenge maps.

Why would they make him pre-order DLC, just to make his playability restricted?
Take control of him = selectable on the select screen.
This is a fighting game.
Why would they make him DLC, just to limit him?

Look at Ed Boons tweets. He hints that he could play a rushdown character like Doomsday in Injustice. There's no way he isn't on the select screen.

Anyways, I'm mos def gonna preorder the game now! I like that he isn't in the official roster, just as DLC. I wouldn't like to see a boss character in the final roster.

I guess we did lol.

But I think i would consider him in the final roster...
I mean, he's there...In the roster.
And one day the roster will be final...

So wouldn't that make him on the final roster?
And Goro doesn't have to be a boss. Remember Deception? :)

But I think i would consider him in the final roster...
I mean, he's there...In the roster.
And one day the roster will be final...

I'm pretty sure that he meant on main roster, given that [MENTION=5069]Aldo Moreno[/MENTION] also mentioned DLC.
DLC=/= main roster.

I am glad to see this character come into the game. You know, I've slowly began to dislike Goro since the fourth because I just found him to be an absolute bore the last few games that he was present in. But now, I can see (even within the details that they're showing here) this character will most likely have something awesome along with him to really get behind.

Also, here's a lightened image (I didn't do this, someone else did)

10649859_686800498081200_4616204971750627440_n.jpg

I'm happy he's in the game and he looks amazing, but... that pre-order DLC seriously bugs me. Were it a normal character, ie. not one of the most popular sub-bosses, I'd be fine with it. This way... I dunno. Those who pre-order get Goro, those that don't...? You see what I'm getting at? I mean, how will he play? Is he a sub-boss or not and if yes, will you be able to fight Goro with Goro? It kinda ruins it for me. IMHO bosses and sub-bosses should never be playable. Making them playable makes them less of a boss character.

that pre-order DLC seriously bugs me. Were it a normal character, ie. not one of the most popular sub-bosses, I'd be fine with it. This way... I dunno. Those who pre-order get Goro, those that don't...?

If you don't pre-order, you shouldn't worry that much. It's almost guaranteed that he will be sold as DLC later on.
Remember the klassic kostumes?

I mean, how will he play? Is he a sub-boss or not and if yes, will you be able to fight Goro with Goro? It kinda ruins it for me. IMHO bosses and sub-bosses should never be playable. Making them playable makes them less of a boss character.

Ed Boon compared him to Doomsday in Injustice.
IMHO sub bosses should be playable IF balanced properly..
It's not like Goro has some sort of reputation to keep as the toughest boss from MK9.

If he is balanced with the rest of the characters, it might work out better for him.
Shang Tsung was playable, and he was debatably the toughest boss in the game

Last edited: