Goro and Release date revealed.

Because no MK character has the capability of creating a bigger buzz as pre-order DLC. It's an irrefutable fact #DEAL.WITH.IT.

The MK9 pre-order Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Reptile with Klassic costumes and Klassic MK1 / MKII fatalities would like a word with you.

I like this. He's optional. If you don't want Goro playable, you can still have that by:

1. Not preordering
2. Preordering and giving the code to a friend

I myself jumped on the Goro is DLC bandwagon, due to the "Pre-order" wording but what if this is more marketing material like Kratos was for PS3?
I remember the MK9 promo for Kratos being something like "Play as Kratos on PS3."

Only in MK, people actually get upset boss fighters are playable LOL! Especially Goro, who's ALWAYS been extremely weak as a boss except in MK4. There really was never a reason for him to be unplayable. In MK9, he was laughable at best, I don't know how in the world people thought he was broken...

Now, let's focus here. I ADORE his design! Wow, I mean, am I really saying this about Goro? Love it and I WANT him as DLC for sure!

Please, no more unplayable boss characters. It's fine to have them playable, screw the "mystique".

Uhhh who's mad that he's playable? Just because someone disagrees with something doesn't mean they are mad.

"This is where you fall down"

Goro =/= Boss.
Goro = sub-boss.

That said, they can make him a Bane or Solomon Grundy type of power character like those 2 were in Injustice, and much like Ferra / Torr is in MKX.

Give me a break Araknyd i meant for MKX ;)

Reptile would still create just as much hype as DLC, IMO, for MKX. ;)

Goro =/= Boss.
Goro = sub-boss.

That said, they can make him a Bane or Solomon Grundy type of power character like those 2 were in Injustice, and much like Ferra / Torr is in MKX.

Reptile would still create just as much hype as DLC, IMO, for MKX. ;)

Yeah I imagine he'll definitely play like those larger characters from injustice since they did that well and this is the first time mk has had a different body type like that. I really dig his design. Love the little detail and the shape of his head reminds me of the movie version.

I'm sooooo happy one of my favorites was announced.
I can finally start getting really hype about this.

BUT I NEED THAT REVEAL TRAILER!

I can't believe some people are considering giving up their pre order codes...

Why would you do that?
He's obviously not going to be OP...

I can't believe some people are considering giving up their pre order codes...

Why would you do that?
He's obviously not going to be OP...

Yeah that's just stupid and if you're not taking him online, are the CPU gonna get pissed even if he is OP?
Also, I see you've taken a liking to that Goro render already having a sig and what not.

I think the big question here is

what specifically does "playable" mean?

Will he be just another character you can use for anything? (ie arcade ladder, versus, online)
or will it be that he has a chapter in the story or maybe some exclusive challenges in a challenge tower or something similar?

The detail and design on him makes MK9 Goro look like a little B#@%h.

That's going a bit far.
If I was walking down a dark alley in Outworld and saw MK9 Goro, I'm pretty sure that I'd shit my pants and scream like a little girl.
Not necessarily in that order, too. :laugh:

I get what you mean, though, MKX Goro looks even more terrifying.

I don't get it. So is he in the game or not?

Will he be in Story Mode?
Will he be on the roster - aka playable?
Or will he be optionally playable only for those who pre order?
If someone has him and someone else doesn't, does that mean one can use him online?
Will he be a sub-boss or not?

Too many questions.

And I want a trailer!

Release date sounds good though. Me likey.

Will he be just another character you can use for anything? (ie arcade ladder, versus, online)
or will it be that he has a chapter in the story or maybe some exclusive challenges in a challenge tower or something similar?

Boon's a troll but I don't think he'd mislead us into thinking he's a legit ladder playable character then tell us he's in for just a story chapter or tower mission.

[MENTION=17994]PhantomCyrax[/MENTION] Yeah, i don't really get it...
Won't you still have to fight him online?

When i pre-ordered MK9 from gamestop, I got the scorpion klassic costume.
Yet, i still fought people who had pre-ordered from amazon, and got the Reptile klassic costume.

My point is, I don't think it's going to matter if you just ditch the code.
You might still have to fight Goro online...

And yes, i'm REALLY digging this Goro design.
I haven't seem him in game yet, but i have a lot of faith.

Goro is hands down my favorite character....With Shinnok in close second..

Can't wait to punch him with Johnny in the balls. Then his balls will be blue and he'll fall off a cliff.

I don't get it. So is he in the game or not? Will he be in Story Mode? Will he be on the roster - aka playable? Or will he be optionally playable only for those who pre order? If someone has him and someone else doesn't, does that mean one can use him online? Will he be a sub-boss or not? Too many questions.

"Pre-order now to fight as Goro"

That implies playable, as in 3 variations in ladder and online.