Cybernetic Upgrades (speculations)

jdnice11

Kano_as.jpg
We all know Kano, he has his trademark Cybernetic Face plate/Eye Laser. As of MK9 its been stated he has been upgraded with several High Tech enhancements. In MKX Ed Boon states, "with ALL his Cybernetic Upgrades he's deadlier than ever." With the 2 most noticeable are his NEW Face Plate & his Bandoleer Cybernetic Heart. I still think its more of a power source for his cybernetics more so than a Cybernetic Heart like Hsu Hao's, but whatever.

My question to all of you is; what upgrades do you think Kano has received? I see that his body is heavily scarred so maybe most of the cybernetics are internal. Ed has also stated he is closer to machine than before.

What are your thoughts?

Well, I notice that he seems to have some new gauntlet-type equipment. Could this be involved in his combos? Similar to Sektor's booster punch maybe. With that said, the small explosions we're seeing in Kano's Cybernetic variation seem to be a result of his grenades, so maybe we just haven't seen enough of his gameplay to be sure about any other upgrades he's got in store. On the other hand, maybe his increasingly upgraded cybernetics are more just a plot device to give his character bio more substance.

While we're at it though, look at this render of Kano. Look closely. I say again, can someone point out to me where his nips are!? I am a human male myself you see, and I know where nipples are usually supposed to be. Kano's got nothing there... just his rough, featureless skin.

Oh well, I guess one of his upgrades was a nip-ectomy to make him more aerodynamic. :soapbox:

Well, I notice that he seems to have some new gauntlet-type equipment. Could this be involved in his combos? Similar to Sektor's booster punch maybe. With that said, the small explosions we're seeing in Kano's Cybernetic variation seem to be a result of his grenades, so maybe we just haven't seen enough of his gameplay to be sure about any other upgrades he's got in store. On the other hand, maybe his increasingly upgraded cybernetics are more just a plot device to give his character bio more substance.

While we're at it though, look at this render of Kano. Look closely. I say again, can someone point out to me where his nips are!? I am a human male myself you see, and I know where nipples are usually supposed to be. Kano's got nothing there... just his rough, featureless skin.

Oh well, I guess one of his upgrades was a nip-ectomy to make him more aerodynamic. :soapbox:

Perhaps that is an artificial chest and forgot to make nips.

[MENTION=17888]K A N O[/MENTION] check this out

I found this...An ACTUAL upgrade to Kano! His gauntlet has a spike that comes out!
tumblr_nammpcRHP91rc75zuo1_400.gif

[MENTION=17888]K A N O[/MENTION] check this out

I found this...An ACTUAL upgrade to Kano! His gauntlet has a spike that comes out!
tumblr_nammpcRHP91rc75zuo1_400.gif

Woah that's amazing, where'd you find it? I'm assuming it was from Netherrealm Studios' tumblr page, they always upload gifs with previously uknown details.

It's like Baraka's retactable blades, i wonder if he'll be using them in certain special moves, or even normals. I'm assuming he does, otherwise there would be no reason for them to be there. Nice find. The Kombal Tether coverage revealed that Kano's universal moves (among all 3 variations) are basically the Knife Throw and the Kano Balls, so either he uses the blades in one variation, or in normals. Needs more Kano gameplay footage...

Woah that's amazing, where'd you find it? I'm assuming it was from Netherrealm Studios' tumblr page, they always upload gifs with previously uknown details.

It's like Baraka's retactable blades, i wonder if he'll be using them in certain special moves, or even normals. I'm assuming he does, otherwise there would be no reason for them to be there. Nice find. The Kombal Tether coverage revealed that Kano's universal moves (among all 3 variations) are basically the Knife Throw and the Kano Balls, so either he uses the blades in one variation, or in normals. Needs more Kano gameplay footage...

yeah i got it from the netherrealm tumblr page! F'n awesome! I sometimes think i get out of hand with my Kano fandom but finding more stuff like this makes me not care LMAO!

i don't recall seeing this blade in any special move or kombo but im sure they're not revealing everything. But who knows, might be a normal move, special move or maybe even part of a fatality!!!!

But yes we NEED more Kano gameplay footage. hopefully at the next event!

yeah i got it from the netherrealm tumblr page! F'n awesome! I sometimes think i get out of hand with my Kano fandom but finding more stuff like this makes me not care LMAO!

i don't recall seeing this blade in any special move or kombo but im sure they're not revealing everything. But who knows, might be a normal move, special move or maybe even part of a fatality!!!!

But yes we NEED more Kano gameplay footage. hopefully at the next event!

He's getting a lot more cybernetic upgrades than i thought! And like you've said surely they haven't revealed them all! It was long overdue he got some new moves! I mean he's been my main since Mortal Kombat 1, but he's always been a very basic character, although he did get a couple moves here and there in recent games (like counters) but X is gonna get him to the next level! I can hardly wait until we find out more about Kano! Kinda bummed that they've revealed him so early and now i'm anxious to play him more than any other character, but gotta find a sub for Kano's unfavorable/hard matchups!

He's getting a lot more cybernetic upgrades than i thought! And like you've said surely they haven't revealed them all! It was long overdue he got some new moves! I mean he's been my main since Mortal Kombat 1, but he's always been a very basic character, although he did get a couple moves here and there in recent games (like counters) but X is gonna get him to the next level! I can hardly wait until we find out more about Kano! Kinda bummed that they've revealed him so early and now i'm anxious to play him more than any other character, but gotta find a sub for Kano's unfavorable/hard matchups!

Funny you say that, all i wanted was to know that Kano was going to be in the game and now that he's had a reveal trailer and basically revamped i have high hope for him in future games. But who know!
he's also been my favorite character since MK1 bc he was the different one. And i just grew to like him more bc no one else did. i always thought he had such potential.

Im in the same boat as you cause all i want is more Kano info. but i like how he was revealed, not everything was shown. they left enough to be desired, i hope they continue this with other character reveals. its obvious that his Fatality wasn't shown in full but i also think there was another move for his Xray!

Funny you say that, all i wanted was to know that Kano was going to be in the game and now that he's had a reveal trailer and basically revamped i have high hope for him in future games. But who know!
he's also been my favorite character since MK1 bc he was the different one. And i just grew to like him more bc no one else did. i always thought he had such potential.

Im in the same boat as you cause all i want is more Kano info. but i like how he was revealed, not everything was shown. they left enough to be desired, i hope they continue this with other character reveals. its obvious that his Fatality wasn't shown in full but i also think there was another move for his Xray!

Yeah, at least with him being revealed so early we have a lot to speculate of, such as his fighting style and storyline rather than just hoping for him to be in X!

In the new gameplay footage of Kano vs Raiden Intro, it looks like Kano's Faceplate/ Cybernetic Eye is fused into the back of his neck/spine. Awesome little feature i noticed

Last edited:
Some more speculation on his Cybernetic Upgrade. Over the passed few weeks we've seen videos. And I've noticed that Kano's upgrade chestplate has an aurora/glow to it. I think this is not only just cybernetic upgrades but also combined with Sorcery. Possible relation with Quan Chi which would be ironic considering QC has admitted he has no affinity for the criminal.

Some more speculation on his Cybernetic Upgrade. Over the passed few weeks we've seen videos. And I've noticed that Kano's upgrade chestplate has an aurora/glow to it. I think this is not only just cybernetic upgrades but also combined with Sorcery. Possible relation with Quan Chi which would be ironic considering QC has admitted he has no affinity for the criminal.

Dude seriously you must be like the biggest Kano fan alive lolool I didn't even notice all those things mentioned above, also that spike coming out of his guantlet is totally awesome, might something with his second fatality?!

They did cybernetics rigth on Kano, they better treat my Cyrax with awesomeness too, or else ima be one angry mofo.

Dude seriously you must be like the biggest Kano fan alive lolool I didn't even notice all those things mentioned above, also that spike coming out of his guantlet is totally awesome, might something with his second fatality?!

They did cybernetics rigth on Kano, they better treat my Cyrax with awesomeness too, or else ima be one angry mofo.

Yo have no clue!!! Im not a Mortal Kombat fan...Im a Kano fan lmao! Seriously though, he has always been my favorite character since day 1.

But Yes if Cyrax is to make it in the game i would hope they give some cool cybernetic upgrades as well. ALWAYS liked him over Sektor anyway

I think the Red Dragon will likely play apart of Kano's story in MKX. I believe he got his cybernetic upgrades to defeated the Forces of Ligjt and the Red Dragon. Kano could likely work for Quan Chi and Shinnok as general of their army.