MK X Online Component Speculation

asddgd

Did some research into all the threads, didn't see anything like this in it's own specific section so if this has been talked about feel free to direct me to the most appropriate thread.

Ed has been saying for awhile now that they will have some online functionality that has everyone playing involved. Now I'm not sure if that means everyone online ever to participate or if it's on a much smaller scale but what I believe they may do is have a tournament set up with brackets and all in the works. It would just group people together in a tournament and you keep playing people without waiting. If you are knocked out of the tournament you don't have to wait until everyone has finished to join another and results will be sent to you after completion. I think it would be pretty cool if that were to happen.

What does everyone else think?

I think the online mode will be tied into the offline mode and I think the reason everyone will want to play online is because in the end there will be prizes for everyone to unlock - art, videos, costumes, etc.

The netkode is going to be komplete and utter krap. That's all I know about MKX online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

It's probably going to keep track of everyone playing .

Example:Johnny Cage has killed scorpion 55,000 times.

but then it would be injustice stats. they said it would make everyone want to participate. i like the stats and all but i dont think id have much effect on numbers like those

Nrs can add all the online stats in the world but if the netcode blows none of it will matter.

Thats true but injustice was a lot more stable. Small improvements on every game, they may have something amazing going on the ps4

Thats true but injustice was a lot more stable. Small improvements on every game, they may have something amazing going on the ps4
injustice netcode is bad on ps4 but in nrs defence high voltage did that version.....hopefully we will get a huge improvement with mkx. Im staying neutral for now.

The way he described it, I'm imagining that it's some type of "global struggle"
Where you choose to fight for Earthrealm or Outworld. And NRS keeps track of which side has the most wins. And maybe offer rewards like 20,000 koins if your team stays dominant for a week straight or something.

It's probably going to keep track of everyone playing .

Example:Scorpion has killed Johnny Cage 55,000 times.

yea this is what i believe will happen as well. I just hope KOTH is back. Thats all i play. Maybe it will have some sort of ranking system.

I do like the tekken feature where you can choose 8 characters and use them until they die, maybe not have as many but id like something i can pick different characters. Bit then again that works for 1v1 too

Did some research into all the threads, didn't see anything like this in it's own specific section so if this has been talked about feel free to direct me to the most appropriate thread.

Ed has been saying for awhile now that they will have some online functionality that has everyone playing involved. Now I'm not sure if that means everyone online ever to participate or if it's on a much smaller scale but what I believe they may do is have a tournament set up with brackets and all in the works. It would just group people together in a tournament and you keep playing people without waiting. If you are knocked out of the tournament you don't have to wait until everyone has finished to join another and results will be sent to you after completion. I think it would be pretty cool if that were to happen.

What does everyone else think?

I think that this online thing he's been talking about will be that every character you fight in the story is actually a real person. Of course this can be a setting and it can be toggled off if you'd rather play against CPU.

What if we had Global Mortal Kombat?
Meaning we had little online tournaments where we would choose fighters who represent certain realms, and then if you won with say, a netherrealm representative, you would add a point to netherrealm.

And by the end of the overall tournament, whichever realm had the most points "wins" the mortal kombat tournament.
Maybe they could do cool stuff based on whichever realm won (new skins for that realms characters, new stage, maybe little extras for supporters of the winning realm)

I think it could be a neat idea

That would be cool however i dont think the replay value would be very strong for story mode because it would just be the same matchups depebding on who youre playing as in the story and the same cut scenes. Why wouldnt you just 1v1?
But cool idea though, i always liked when another player had input in story progression

I think it will be a stat tracker with rewards and unlocks

I really hope we get a Mobile game similar to Injustice