Frost for MKX

Well, they ARE repeating DLC though. Like the klassic kostumes. Sure, he was hoodless, but Subbie had his UMK3 styled klassic costume in MK9, and now again in MKX. The same with Kitana's MK2 styled outfit. She had that in MK9 as well, as DLC.

So there are indeed examples on NRS repeating DLC.
He probably meant they weren't repeated paid DLC. The UMK3 Subbie and MK2 Kitty have always been free DLC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

He probably meant they weren't repeated paid DLC. The UMK3 Subbie and MK2 Kitty have always been free DLC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Yeah I would not be shocked if they did Rain as a free bonus at some point to get around that promise and perhaps also get some of the cred back that they've lost with people pissed about microtransactions.

They would never make a character become free because people are whining about micro transactions. They may have gotten them to do several things to characters or made characters appear, but they would never go to an extreme by making a free character to everyone to say, "I'm sorry."

They would never make a character become free because people are whining about micro transactions. They may have gotten them to do several things to characters or made characters appear, but they would never go to an extreme by making a free character to everyone to say, "I'm sorry."

It's more that that'd be a bonus good press effect.

If they made him free it would be to get around having previously promised they wouldn't charge for the same character twice.

I doubt he will be free, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened. Maybe a Kombat Pack of three and then Rain 'comes as a bonus!' which isn't actually free but has the appearance of being free.

But then you'd get that group that will demand that more of this should start happening around with their DLC packs and that's just kinda not right.

I get that bonus stuff is great to have when it's done right, such as the classic Reptile skin. That was a cool bonus they added in with the patch. However, I just don't see an entire character becoming free. Doesn't matter who it is. Rain, Frost, etc.

I feel like it would be greedy to ask for such a thing to happen.

But then you'd get that group that will demand that more of this should start happening around with their DLC packs and that's just kinda not right.

I get that bonus stuff is great to have when it's done right, such as the classic Reptile skin. That was a cool bonus they added in with the patch. However, I just don't see an entire character becoming free. Doesn't matter who it is. Rain, Frost, etc.

I agree, but they'll catch hell if they go back on the promise. That said, maybe they don't care about catching hell.

Personally I'd rather pay for him than not have him in, but it's whatever. I won't lose sleep over his missing a game. I just like his design this time out.

I think a free character would definitely be nice considering how bad they f'd up with the netcode in this game. It would be a nice compensation for NRS to get the game running stable online with good connections and then have a free character.

I think a free character would definitely be nice considering how bad they f'd up with the netcode in this game. It would be a nice compensation for NRS to get the game running stable online with good connections and then have a free character.

Injustice netcode was way worse and they didn't get any free characters, so...

Injustice netcode was way worse and they didn't get any free characters, so...

Was it actually? Honestly I don't remember it being as bad as MKX is currently. but just because they didn't do it for Injustice doesn't mean that they wouldn't do it for MKX. though I really don't think it will happen. I just think it would be a good thing to do to try to make up for all of the head aches that they caused. There is no excuse for bad netcode nowadays.

Well we do not know her backstory in original. For all we know she was orphaned as well and fought in some MMA pits. So we can't really say if she has now a different backstory (orphan thing and street fights) or not.

Frost was crazy in Original. In this one she is also crazy or just plain stupid (her going against Scorpion has to be either dumb or crazy decision as both could have led to catastrophic results)

Still I find too many similarities with her known original backstory and this one. Especially that crazy de javu after seeing her in MKX. What she did in MKX felt like, what she did in 3 games together. It was just compressed version and animated. It wasn't perfect copy, but shared way too many similarities.

As for her future potential story. Frost actions against Scorpion showed, that she isn't fully loyal (or loyal at all) to Sub Zero. Most likely she is only using Lin Kuei/Sub Zero to become stronger, and Scorpion was just her test of strength. After getting her ass handed that easily, she trained her ass even more (as Sub Zero mentioned her in intros, as being Chief among other Clan members.)

So at least the way I see it. She is going to do the same thing she did in original and attempt to steal a medallion. (which would be boring as hell) or she will leave Lin Kuei in search for more power. Would be cool to see her hunting other fighters just to prove that she is the strongest.

I was reading through the MK comics and I just had a "lightbulb" moment:

1. ORIGINAL TIMELINE: When he first sought to rebuild the Lin Kuei, Kuai Liang decided to hold a private tournament in the hope of discovering worthy fighters. The winner of course was Frost. (MK:DA)

2. MKX (Comic): Cassie decides to fight in an MMA event that turns out to be a deathmatch. Her challedge? Frost.

MY THEORY:

What if the MMA event in the MKX comic was really a Lin Kuei front set up by Sub-Zero himself?

(On the side, I'm actually thinking of writing a fanfic set immediately after the "Tea Party" scene where Sub-Zero "deals with" Frost)

I was reading through the MK comics and I just had a "lightbulb" moment:

1. ORIGINAL TIMELINE: When he first sought to rebuild the Lin Kuei, Kuai Liang decided to hold a private tournament in the hope of discovering worthy fighters. The winner of course was Frost. (MK:DA)

2. MKX (Comic): Cassie decides to fight in an MMA event that turns out to be a deathmatch. Her challedge? Frost.

MY THEORY:

What if the MMA event in the MKX comic was really a Lin Kuei front set up by Sub-Zero himself?

(On the side, I'm actually thinking of writing a fanfic set immediately after the "Tea Party" scene where Sub-Zero "deals with" Frost)

Sounds really nice, but it ain't possible.
1. Sub Zero was missing at that time (he was corrupted by blade).
2. Lin Kuei at that time had cyborgs.
3. If that was one of Lin Kuei events then Lin Kuei wouldn't take it kindly if someone from another clan came and interrupted their operations.
4. Lin Kuei wouldn't allow civilians come in and make a show of it. For a ninja clan that would be going against their ideals.

Just a shameless plug for my new Frost fanfic (I did also post an advert in the fanfiction section)

Cold Discipline (MKX Frost-fic)

"Frost is strong, but lacks judgment. I will deal with her."

Continuation of Frost's cameo in MKX. How will Sub-Zero deal with his protege's behavior?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11406897/1/Cold-Discipline

I read that, it was a good read. I could definitely see that happening as well. Are you going to write more with it?

I read that, it was a good read. I could definitely see that happening as well. Are you going to write more with it?

Thanks for reading!

I only wrote this as a stand-alone as we don't know what happens to frost after her cameo in MKX, so I decided to keep it open-ended.

(It certainly won't be my last Frost-fic)