Kano General Thread - Hello Baby, did you miss me?

Jarek doesn't really deserve the fame. He's the kano replacement. Jarek needs to stay gone, point blank.

I assume like most of you here I am a HUGE Kano and Black Dragon fan. But Jarek just never did it for me. I would love to see some of the other Members (Tasia, No Face, Jarek & Tremor) make an appearance in the comics. Im sure if anything they would look amazing and have alil light shed on them.

Here's to hoping if any of the Black Dragon members make it in the Game, its TREMOR!!!

Chiming in to say that I've never played Kano in my life, but it looks like I'm about to start. What a sick redesign of a character. They really found and captured his essence in this game. His animations are amazing, the ferocity of Commando grapples is plain scary. Really reminds me of Trevor Goddard's performance in the film.

So in the latest komic #5, Jarek and Tasia had a cameo. So I wonder will we possibly see the Black Dragon as a whole? The last time i think the Black Dragon were seen as a Team was in the MKSF game. i would be nice to see Kano as a Leader with Kabal, Jarek, Tasia, No Face & Tremor as his Captains and then a bunch of BD Goons. Nothing to in depth but just to know they are in numbers and a Threat. Kinda like how the Red Dragon was in the 1st issue.

So in the latest komic #5, Jarek and Tasia had a cameo. So I wonder will we possibly see the Black Dragon as a whole? The last time i think the Black Dragon were seen as a Team was in the MKSF game. i would be nice to see Kano as a Leader with Kabal, Jarek, Tasia, No Face & Tremor as his Captains and then a bunch of BD Goons. Nothing to in depth but just to know they are in numbers and a Threat. Kinda like how the Red Dragon was in the 1st issue.

It is not conceivable that Kano will be the only representative of the Black Dragon faction in MKX. If one representative was enough, then Shirai Ryu would have been in so fast, Kabal's head would be spinning.

I don't really know any of the other BD characters. Are any of them worth attempting to salvage?

I've been reading up on them and it looks like there's just about nothing? The only other BD with anything at all going for him seems to be Tremor, as the first Earthrealm ninja outside of Lin Kuei/Shirai Ryu, and as a guy who at one time hated both Kano and Jax... but they'll have to cut that angle for him to be on BD in this timeline...

Last edited:
I don't really know any of the other BD characters. Are any of them worth attempting to salvage?

All the BD member that are worth mentioning are:
Kano, Kabal, Jarek, Tasia, No-Face, Tremor, Kira & Kobra

I think the majority of the ones i just mentioned are worth Salvaging/Revamping, but they would need a total overhaul. I would settle for them being in comics and maybe possibly being in later games. (I can careless for Jarek [although his appearance in the comic great in the comic] & Kobra)

In the MKX Chapter 5 issue, Cassie was Requested by the Black Dragon. She met Jarek and Tasia in the Arena area and a portal opened up and then they were gone, Cassie & Jacqui.

Before they were "captured" Cassie snapped a picture which was later to be revealed Erron Black, one of Kotal's Warriors.

Now Originally when the Tasia said Cassie was requested by the Black Dragon. I automatically assume its Kano's doing just to stick it to Sonya. But with the reveal of Erron Black, it raises the question. Is Kotal Kahn aligned w/ the Black Dragon bc we know Kotal only came to Earthrealm to ready an Alliance with them and to eradicate the red Dragon.

Also what do you think of the Rumor that Erron Black is possibly Sonya's long lost daddy?

I'd love to see Erron with the Black Dragon. It makes sense, too, because he's basically fulfilling the same function for Kotal that Kano served for Shang Tsung. He's got the weapons and everything.

The Sonya's father thing... not so much. Sonya already has plenty of drama on her hands with Cassie and Johnny Cage, we don't need to turn MK into Days of Sonya's Life. Plus the dude doesn't look 50, so I think it's a stretch.

I thought this pick of the Black Dragon Faction Lair was awesome. Had Replacement Cybernetic and a Hostage. Cassie Cage or Sanya Blade
tumblr_njdnigjdXN1rzm7hxo2_500.gif

And a Sad yet awesome kill on Kano in the faction war
tumblr_njdnigjdXN1rzm7hxo1_400.gif

I thought this pick of the Black Dragon Faction Lair was awesome. Had Replacement Cybernetic and a Hostage. Cassie Cage or Sanya Blade
tumblr_njdnigjdXN1rzm7hxo2_500.gif

And a Sad yet awesome kill on Kano in the faction war
tumblr_njdnigjdXN1rzm7hxo1_400.gif

I want to understand what's happening with him on the background.

You said it's Sonya, Cassie...it looks like a military bound on the chair.

But at first I thought it was him :laugh:

What seems to be the hair (if it's one of them) looked like his neck, and I thought he was without his arms or something, explaining why all of his gear is on the table.

Lol but surely it's a special forces member.

I want to understand what's happening with him on the background.

You said it's Sonya, Cassie...it looks like a military bound on the chair.

But at first I thought it was him :laugh:

What seems to be the hair (if it's one of them) looked like his neck, and I thought he was without his arms or something, explaining why all of his gear is on the table.

Lol but surely it's a special forces member.

After looking back at the picture. The captive looks to be bald and not a female.
Darn was really hoping it was Cassie or Sonya.

So i was looking at Kano's Move List specifically the Brutalities and I like to speculate what they are and what Ive seen!

Ballin':
*Kano jumps in the air and performs his Kanoball with so much force he make the opponents top half explode. (speculation)

Terminate: Kano grabs the opponent and headbutts them and on the 3 hit their head pops off. (actual)
*Kano grabs his opponent and headbutts them repeatedly until their head is a bloody pulp. (speculation)

Just the Tip:
*I think this is the one we saw in the Brutality montage where Kano stabs the opponent and then proceeds to slice them up the middle.
*Using his knives Kano slices at the opponents finishing them off with a decapitation. (speculation)

Glaring Light:
*Holding the opponent close, Kano blast the head off or blast a hole in their chest (speculation)

Wham Bam:
?

Pop Off:
?