Kano General Thread - Hello Baby, did you miss me?

I love the fact that Kano headbutts the hell out og his opponents. Using his cybernetics to its fullest capacity LMAO!!!
tumblr_na66vaHyju1rzm7hxo6_400.gif

And his Xray, easily gonna be one of the most brutal in the game...I'm calling it
tumblr_nabjmhCM6S1tib7mso1_400.gif

Last edited:
So i got a Question!
It's always stated that Kano is the Leader of the Black Dragon and that MOST members have been killed(i.e. Tasia & No Face). Pretty much leaving Kano as the only member at the time left, while Jarek helped the SF against the invasion of Shinnoks Invasion and excluding Kabal bc he had reformed at the time to be a force of good. But Kabal has since returned to his old ways and reformed the New Black Dragon. With Kabal leading a new team in a more Anarchy ideology instead of mere profit which is what Kano wanted. Are these 2 now Enemies or more Frienemies?

I know the MK9 story line changed things, kabal was still on the side of good during his death but this is something i've wondered for awhile!

meh'.....................

if you weren't a Kano fan, you can't tell me you weren't impressed with his actual reveal trailer. He may not be a fan favorite for most but he is back on their radar for sure

KANO:

- Full Fatality: Kano unsheathes one of his knives and swiftly cuts into the opponent abdomen which causes intestines to spill out onto the ground. As the character begins to drop to their knees, Kano grabs them from behind and hoists them up in front of him as he proceeds to burn through their skull with his eye laser, leaving a huge, smouldering hole through their head.
- Universal moves across all three of his variations are: Kano Ball, Up Ball, Air Ball and Knife Throw.
- Kano Ball (horizontal) and Air Ball (downward diagonal) are performed with Back Forward A / X.
- Up Ball is performed with same command input as MK9.
- In his ‘Cutthroat’ variation, you can input a command where he will pound his heart implant which will increase his overall damage output for a limited time.
- in his mid-round victory pose, Kano will pummel his head with his fists multiple times whilst sing.
- The enhanced choke special (Commando variation) has Kano choking the opponent for a longer duration before finishing by lifting them by the throat and stabbing them multiple times with his knife.
- Victory Pose: Kano utters “Nothing personal mate” then begins to play with his knife before stopping to perform a ‘ear to ear’ motion on his neck. He then begins to casually shave his beard with the blade.

*If my imagination serves me correctly I already love His Fatality and his Victory Outro Pose!!! IM STOKED!!!!

Last edited:
if you weren't a Kano fan, you can't tell me you weren't impressed with his actual reveal trailer. He may not be a fan favorite for most but he is back on their radar for sure

im a fan of MK3 kano. he looked way better and his moves and controls were better. all the newer versions just have this rough n tough shadey badboy vibe i just dont like :/

i hope they release a good character soon

I don't see why you'd come to KANO's thread to imply that he's not a "good character" when there are many other threads discussing the roster and reveals. That said, everybody is welcomed in this thread, as long as they do constructive discussion and criticism.

I won't lie I've never cared much for Kano but his reveal was very impressive brought his true character out I think

Why one question is... why isn't there a sub forum section for kano like all the other revealed characters on the forum?
And they complain that the forum isn't tidy :/

Why one question is... why isn't there a sub forum section for kano like all the other revealed characters on the forum?

I know, i'm surprised they still haven't created a sub forum for Kano, but i think they were waiting for him to be officially revealed and shown at Gamescon, so hopefully a forum update follows soon.

They're a little slow these days. It's coming. They should probably give a regular member the responsibility of updating the site with things like sub forums.

They're a little slow these days. It's coming. They should probably give a regular member the responsibility of updating the site with things like sub forums.
That's a bad idea. It makes the forums susceptible to vandalism.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

cheers, just thought it was a bit weird that's all, hopefully all the kano threads get moved in there :)

I want to talk about something in this picture.
2sajtqq.jpg

You notice how Kano has his Green Orb in his hand during this intro?! I know the speculation that was it was copied from Hsu Hao and even Ed Boon mentioned in the Kano Offical Trailer that, "Kano pounds on his CYBERNETIC HEART to gain an increase in power."

But how can that be a Cybernetic Heart? He clearly has it OUT of his chest before the fight begins. If he needs it to survive, then why isn't it already in his chest?

I personally think it is more of a Power Source for his Cybernetic Upgrades (however many he may have). It just makes sense instead of being a Heart.

I know i know i might be getting too invested but Im really curious, What do you all think?

Maybe he has a cybernetic heart implant, hence the band, but the orb he's holding at the beggining of the match is just some kind of "power source" like you say? I don't know, but we'll find out later for sure. Any speculation at the moment is good, we're probably not seeing much footage in the upcoming weeks, so we can only discuss about what we know (or don't know) from what has been shown so far.

I want to talk about something in this picture.
2sajtqq.jpg

You notice how Kano has his Green Orb in his hand during this intro?! I know the speculation that was it was copied from Hsu Hao and even Ed Boon mentioned in the Kano Offical Trailer that, "Kano pounds on his CYBERNETIC HEART to gain an increase in power."

But how can that be a Cybernetic Heart? He clearly has it OUT of his chest before the fight begins. If he needs it to survive, then why isn't it already in his chest?

I personally think it is more of a Power Source for his Cybernetic Upgrades (however many he may have). It just makes sense instead of being a Heart.

I know i know i might be getting too invested but Im really curious, What do you all think?

It is the arc reactor of Iron Man, didn't ?

Another question that Yes involves Kano, but is also a general question for all characters.

Since Kano has a cybernetic eye, do you think, if for instance D'Vorah was to do her Fatality on him, only the flesh part of his face would be eaten leaving they Cybernetic part would be left or would it be a generic fatality across the board for all characters to have their skull remain? Same goes for X-rays moves!

That was alil pet peeve of mine. Characters that had distinguished features, but damage was generic across the board!