Kano Reveal Trailer

I'm surprised now but I'm not even sure that we get another character this week. As we know there are quite strict rules about violence in Germany and MKX will probably be banned there. So how on earth will they show someone off in a similar fashion without blood and violence? No X-Ray or fatality? Maybe we'll get a new two minute trailer with characters appear for seconds only with some familiar faces or hints and Ed gives interviews and reveals new infos but I won't expect huge things from now on.

Maybe that's why we get Kano now because they know that they wouldn't be able to show him off properly otherwise in Germany.

In that case we might get info on story mode or the cameo appearances (as hinted by the Sonya Blade tweet maybe?). But if you're saying MKX will most likely be banned in Germany then I don't get the reason for MKX to appear at a German event, why promote a banned game? Seems fishy to me.

That's Kotal's stage for sure. And it looks neat. The water on the ground looks great. My only complain would be perhaps towards the colors. There's too much green on the screen making everything in the background blend together.

As for Kano... He's OK. Kinda how I imagined him. I like the colors changing on his eye/chest the most. Nice touch. Plus that eye laser is killer. And that fatality is even better.

I think they've updated him pretty well. I don't like that goatee though.

That's Kotal's stage for sure. And it looks neat.

I also think it's Kotal's.

But you know something? I did a video about MKX news some weeks ago, and, considering Ferra's feathers and mask, I asked myself (and there) if she could be related to Kotal.

We are discussing on other thread if he paints himself. A very nice picture shows that it's totally paint on his body.

I'm starting to see a connection between both...the forgotten race could be Ferra's (or Torr's), and Kotal, even based on a god, seems more "human" to me after I see that he is not green, but paints his body and really looks like an aztec.

The jungle is obviously mesoamerican, and it trends to be related to Kotal anyway, but now this...

This story of new characters is getting an interesting direction...

Last edited:
I gotta say, this is probably my first time liking Kano when it comes to design and gameplay. Can't say he wont be useless when it comes to story, again - but at least he looks awesome and plays great.

That Jungle stage is really awesome, as well. Yay new content!

1 word. DOPE.

I love the colors changing, and that Commando variation... SICK.

The X-Ray was definitely the icing on the cake. Brutal.

Kano just went up on my list.

Yeah, but it also looked dumb. Personally, the more X-Rays they show the more I'm starting to think their introduction was the biggest mistake in MK history. MK9's were believable and realistic. MKX's are over the top. You tear someone's chest and spine in half, they're dead. Period. I don't care if it's MK or any other videogame. You do that in the middle of a fight, what's the point of Fatalities then? Seriously. It's getting annoying as ****. Don't tell me NRS lack the creativity to make them brutal and realistic without looking silly.

man that xray came straight out of military fighting techniques. love that the xrays are even more character based than before. the detail of him breaking that spine is a navy seal type move.

I've never been bothered by Kano or Sub-Zero. Netherrealm are making a good job of getting me interested in trying characters I've not wanted to before.

KANO:
FVCK all you Kano haters NOW!!!! that was by far the best Kano trailer ever!
-I love his look, to me he was always suppose to be a person you never wanted to cross and now he looks like that person.
-Love the variations, he is definitely going to be a dangerous character. Lets just hope ppl don't complain he is to strong so he nerfed all to hell again. (He Headbutts & Clotheslines, Laser attacks & Knife attacks) Thats pretty bad ass IMO.
-PPL stop complaining that his BANDOLEER is taken from HSU HAO! Hsu Hao had a cybernetic heart, WHICH COULD NOT BE REMOVED. If you watch the trailer in the begginning Kano is walking forward with the PIECE that he CLEARLY connects with the bandoleer. It seems to be a power source of sorts. I understand it looks similar to Hsu Hao's chest piece but its not. STOP your complaining. I don't know its function but its nice to see the bandoleer get some type of function/purpose finally.
-His Xray- talk about brutality! I LOVE IT!
-His Fatality, although not shown in it's entirety i can only imagine how what he does before he blows a hole through their head.

Jungle Stage:
-Beautifully done
-Seems to be creatures in the water in the background-crocdile like? (possible stage fatality)
-Speculation to the Forgotten Race! I would assume the Jungle would be Kotal Kahns. Seems like it fits his character. But then there is also D'Vorah- Humanoid Insect, Makes sense. But im gonna go out of the Box and say it might be the Zaterians/Saurian- Reptile Race!

Ok imma watch the trailer again now!

Last edited:
But if you're saying MKX will most likely be banned in Germany then I don't get the reason for MKX to appear at a German event, why promote a banned game? Seems fishy to me.

It's not me but the German Gamepro magazine and german youth-protection guidelines. As the article writes:

It's clear that what is absurdly funny doesn't has to be consistent with german youth protection guide lines.
Considering that Mortal Kombat X goes one step further with representation of violence compared to it's predecessor
we think an USK-approved release in Germany is difficult. Especially because publisher Warner says: it's all or nothing. So there won't be a censored version. Warner told us they will submit the uncensored version to see what happens.
(thanks for the original translation go to UZI)

So rumor says if MKX will be crazy violent with the Gore Tech 3.0, Warner could face difficulties in countries like Germany and Australia.

Yeah, but it also looked dumb. Personally, the more X-Rays they show the more I'm starting to think their introduction was the biggest mistake in MK history. MK9's were believable and realistic. MKX's are over the top. You tear someone's chest and spine in half, they're dead. Period.

Yeah, why aren't they as believable as this?

Yeah, but it also looked dumb. Personally, the more X-Rays they show the more I'm starting to think their introduction was the biggest mistake in MK history. MK9's were believable and realistic. MKX's are over the top. You tear someone's chest and spine in half, they're dead. Period. I don't care if it's MK or any other videogame. You do that in the middle of a fight, what's the point of Fatalities then? Seriously. It's getting annoying as ****. Don't tell me NRS lack the creativity to make them brutal and realistic without looking silly.
Might as well complain about how in Family Guy, the characters die and reappear the next episode. Same with South Park. Or complain about how in any anime fighter game, getting hit with any super, the character should be dead, not half health.

It's a game. It's for fun. Realize, a lot of the audience does not care as long as it is cool and fun.

In fact, complain about any game, because you know what? Games are fiction, fiction allows us to delve into a world that is fun and not possible. It is to entertain us. There is a reason there is nonfiction and fiction.

If you want realistic, go watch a documentary or something.

hahahaha. There were a bunch of idiots online thinking that Ed's tweet "I'll be back" was a possible Arnold Schwarzenegger guest spot on the roster. I knew he was talking about Kano's face plate thingy. Lol picture Arnold doing combos and shit. haha

People need to stop about X-Rays being ridiculous. Deadly attacks are nothing new in Mortal Kombat.
MK2? Baraka's Chop Chop Blade attack would disembowel you instantly, but because it didn't have the critical detail an X-Ray has, nobody complained.

Looks like im going to get steam rolled by Kano's "downward ball" all over again. haha Seriously though, was never a huge Kano fan since MK1, but wow, he looks awesome. Great job Eddy

People need to stop about X-Rays being ridiculous. Deadly attacks are nothing new in Mortal Kombat.
MK2? Baraka's Chop Chop Blade attack would disembowel you instantly, but because it didn't have the critical detail an X-Ray has, nobody complained.

Exactly. Thank you.

Yes.

Just... everything in this trailer was yes. All of his variations are damn good and I think I'm going to like the Cybernetic variation the best.

His moves look so damn crisp and brutal. And that Xray was damn good too. I hope he powerbombs the shit of his opponent after the neck snap :love: