Kano Reveal Trailer

or reptiles maybe he will hae a decendent hmmm?

NO! insects and reptiles should be kept separate... but i would like some history between the clans/species... it would definitely spice up reptile a bit and add some interest, god knows he needs it.

The jungle resembles the mesoamerican ones, the trees, the leafs, and of course, that beautiful waterfall on the far background (and that big head, usually constructed by the Olmecas [another mesoamerican people]). Also, there are statues of skeletons embraced with dragons.

Well, if I guess that D'vorah is Death Knight, we already have death.

But the jungle is too mesoamerican, could also be Kotal Kahn's.

Ok, but a chinese dragon messes up everything.

Conclusion: nothing.

Guess: Kotal Kahn's.

I was surprise Kano was shown off today and not later this week. I bet he's the only new character shown off for Gamescom. Don't be surprise if they only show one new character.

Awesome!!! Kano is cool again (last time it was in MK3), all those lasers!

They keep rearranging the select screen by the way, it was already different in the Raiden video.

Awesome!!! Kano is cool again (last time it was in MK3), all those lasers!

They keep rearranging the select screen by the way, it was already different in the Raiden video.

Yeah I notice the select scene is different as well and I like it as is now

What I can say about Kano?

He looks hot, bulky, dirty, disgusting and a big fat dangerous rapist... like he should! So much better than his MK9 counterpart! And I loved him in the last game! What can say, I loved his grappler style. MK needs a straight forward grappler fighters like in Street Fighter.

His design is great but I am extremely disappointed than they basically stole Hsu Hao's cybernetic heart. I hate when NRS makes their characters borrow specials or designs from each other, it kills the sense of individuality a fighting franchise needs. Since Hsu Hao is dead for good, I guess it's "okay".

The X-Ray

That subtle little move where D'Vorah tried to sweep him but he grabbed her leg, pounced, and stabbed her.

Commando was my fav variation.

Very, very, nice.

His eye laser is very Tekken-esque, but idgaf. NRS has done an extraordinary job with Kano. I have so much to say, but I can't find all the words!

Im thinking its either Kotal Khan's or Ferra Torr's. It has a very Aztec / Tribal feel to it.

Unless someone tells me D'vorah is now Aztec, I think it's totally Kahn's.

Maybe Kotal is really Huitzilopochtli, and the forgotten race of that place were once called gods by mesoamerican. Who knows, he could be the only survivor.

That leafs, the waterfall, the olmeca head...totally mesoamerican, as I said, unless D'vorah has something to do with it.

Also, Ferra really looks a mesoamerican based girl, feathers, mask, etc.

I think it's an interesting use of his cyber pieces that in his intro, he places the crystal/orb/whatever it is in place.

Awesome!

Also, did D'Vorah's voice get a bit eh, squeakier, if that's the right word to use here? Her voice seemed to have gotten quite the chipmunk-ish tone to it all of a sudden. It's not a bad thing or whatever, just trying to figure out if it's not just me.

Last edited:
I like how kano's varitions make him a walking traffic light now

Nevertheless love this more brutal version of kano this is what he should have been in mk9

I was surprise Kano was shown off today and not later this week. I bet he's the only new character shown off for Gamescom. Don't be surprise if they only show one new character.

I'm surprised now but I'm not even sure that we get another character this week. As we know there are quite strict rules about violence in Germany and MKX will probably be banned there. So how on earth will they show someone off in a similar fashion without blood and violence? No X-Ray or fatality? Maybe we'll get a new two minute trailer with characters appear for seconds only with some familiar faces or hints and Ed gives interviews and reveals new infos but I won't expect huge things from now on.

Maybe that's why we get Kano now because they know that they wouldn't be able to show him off properly otherwise in Germany.