Kotal Kahn is the New Ruler of Outworld

Tanya and her daughter could feature at the same time. Ed Boon says he wants a lot of new characters, but how original can he get? More descendants, cyborgs, fellow Edenians/Saurians? We're past the palette swap era but... At the moment I do expect things like that. Even when they presented less new characters, we still got Jarek, Frost, Kobra and Kira...

What if the same thing that happened to Tanya in Jade's MKD happen to her but gets violated and then but gives birth due to the violation that the Tarkatans (or other creatures) have caused but she also dies while giving birth? The baby can then be a playable character.

Rape is in the absolute worst taste, even in Mortal Kombat!

People who advocate for a rape storyline should be ashamed of themselves...

I could see descendants or relatives for Sub-Zero (cousin or nephew), Liu Kang (brother or cousin) and Johnny Cage and Sonya (Cassie), but aside from those 3, I hope the rest of the post-MK3 roster characters on the roster are the actual post-MK3 characters themselves.

This has never officially addressed in canon, but Liu Kang supposedly has a relative already in MK...that supposed relative is Kung Lao. Reason I say this is because both Liu Kang and Kung Lao have been linked to the hereditary lineage of the Great Kung Lao (according to both canon and non-canon sources). If both are descendants of the Great Kung Lao, then obviously they have to be related in one form or another...at the very least distant cousins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rape is in the absolute worst taste, even in Mortal Kombat!

People who advocate for a rape storyline should be ashamed of themselves...

This has never officially addressed in canon, but Liu Kang supposedly has a relative already in MK...that supposed relative is Kung Lao. Reason I say this is because both Liu Kang and Kung Lao have been linked to the hereditary lineage of the Great Kung Lao (according to both canon and non-canon sources). Of both are descendants of the Great Kung Lao, then obviously they have to be related in one form or another...at the very least distant cousins.

Both Kung Lao and Liu Kang are dead, as of MK9, and I was just going with the "what if" possibility that Liu Kang and Kung Lao stay dead for MKX.

While I DON'T think that Liu Kang will be left out of MK X (because he's part of the big 4 for most MK games and due to the rumors of him being in), if he's not in, a relative or descendant would be the next best thing.

I wouldnt be totally against Frost and Kira making a return. maybe more so for a cameo but if they dont i wouldnt lose sleep over it

I just don't see the need for either to be in.

Sub-Zero has a great majority of ice moves, including daggers now in MKX.
As far as Kira goes, there are more interesting characters like Kenshi, Havik, Tanya, Fujin and Reiko that I'd rather see make it to the main roster before Kira.

Liu Kang is guaranteed to come back...whether anyone likes it or not. The entirety of the Original Seven is konfirmed for MKX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Liu Kang is guaranteed to come back...whether anyone likes it or not. The entirety of the Original Seven is konfirmed for MKX.

Liu Kang was rumored, not confirmed.
Ed or NRS never confirmed him being in.
That's a mere rumor at this point.
It becomes fact once it's confirmed.