Kotal Kahn is the New Ruler of Outworld

Cyberote

I wish I was on my computer right now so I could provide a link to the video to prove this, but if you look for "Mortal Kombat X Official Raiden Trailer" by the user MortalKombatCommunity, youll find a video where Ed Boon himself states that Raiden has a history of fighting Outworld, so it would make sense to show him fighting its new emperor. Ill try to get a link up asap.

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipJuYtowVBA

Last edited:
Oh poop. Whenever I heard this, I was looking for a thread about this and didn't see one. Guess I got a bit excited :p

The Rise and Fall of Kotal Kahn huh! So there is going to be several "Rulers" or several "Big Bads" in the game. Sounds like and interesting story line waiting to happen!!!!

Yeah, so... we now know Kotal will be a boss at some point of the storyline. Along with Shinnok. And yet we pretty expect neither Kotal, nor Shinnok, to be the BIG BAD. I am sure Liu Kang will be it.

So far, my predictions about the storyline:
- Shinnok will be the boss for the first part of the story (like Shang Tsung);
- Kotal will be the the boss for the second part of the story (like MK2 Shao Kahn);
- Liu Kang will end up being the bid bad final boss of the game.

What I love about this story is how unexpected it is. We haven't been here since Deception, I'm loving it!

Nice information by Boon. Seems like we can have lots of bosses, and probally all of them tough guys. Look at Kotal Kahn.

I think Shinnok may be the boss of the first 5 years. MK4 invasion wasn't as imminent as MKII. That's what makes me think that Shinnok can also be only mentioned, who knows. I hope he is the first boss.

Kotal Kahn may be the most enduring boss of the game, he is already hinted as bad guy, and looks like he has a rise and fall, well it does not really means what I sense, but for me it sound like a longer period.

The big bad I disagree about Liu Kang, I really don't hope an humanoid or rogue character. A big bad needs to be A BIG BAD.

So I will always bet for Onaga. He can normally come back with all this time. Maybe he is the fall of Kotal Kahn.

And now Raiden isn't dumb enough to sacrifice himself. Just flee!

Onaga return at the end of MKDA in the original timeline and MKDA states it been 10 years since MK1. In the new timeline, Onaga can return and take over Kotal Kahn's throne during the 10 years later part of the story unless things change now in the game.

Better than this. Didn't Boon said D'vorah works with Kotal?

Here is our Deadly Alliance :D

And if she's the DK, well, this would be really a Deadly Alliance.

Mileena is a overrated piece of s. Kotal is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler. As ruler comparade to Mileena, he is cooler than Sub-Zero with the Dragon Medallion with Frost and ice cream on Articka in the coldest winter.

Mileena is a overrated piece of s. Kotal is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler. As ruler comparade to Mileena, he is cooler than Sub-Zero with the Dragon Medallion with Frost and ice cream on Articka in the coldest winter.
Mileena is legally ahead of Kotal Kahn in the line of succession. In fact, Mileena is legally first after Shao Kahn. Baraka even said so himself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Mileena may be a disreputable slut, but she is the lesser of the two evils. I say we finish what Hernando Cortez and the Spanish Conquistadors started.

:laugh: after Kotal decapitates Mileena, he will ressurect that ahole and will drink from his blood forever! Then, and only then, he will pay for what he has done with our beautiful America (specially Tenochtitlan)! :comp:

And also we can get the others "conquistadores". The may be rotting with Shinnok :laugh:

Mileena is legally ahead of Kotal Kahn in the line of succession. In fact, Mileena is legally first after Shao Kahn. Baraka even said so himself.

I don't think that Kotal and the rest of the outworld citzens are gonna care about whats legal, if Kotal decides to rip out Milenna's Heart than no one is gonna bat an eye or have any objections

But like... Who's his mother?

What if Sindel gave birth to a secret son before her death? Then Kitana would have another sibling to fight against, and a reason to come back to life. Or maybe this gives Mileena and Kitana a common goal to over throw him. Regardless, I hope we know who his mother is.

Last edited:

Outworld didn't belong to Shao Kahn "legally" in the first place. He took it from Onaga through treachery, the same way Kotal could have done, or by using brute force.

Outworld didn't belong to Shao Kahn "legally" in the first place. He took it from Onaga through treachery, the same way Kotal could have done, or by using brute force.

Also, unless somebody can show a will, then Kotal can write off Mileena as a bastard considering how she was born. If you remember, Shang Tsung countered Baraka's claim that Mileena is Shao Kahn's heir with how Mileena only exists because of his sorcery.

Last edited: