Kung Lao

True Believer

Even though he's dead, would it be possible that he could return for MKX? Lets take for example how everyone pretty much agrees that if Lui Kang returns he would be evil, possibly resurrected by the gods etc., etc. Than in that same vein couldn't we get a storyline where maybe when Lui returns all godly and evil that a small part of him still possess the light and goodness from the white lotus monastery he trained and lived at all those years ago. Perhaps the monks there realize the only way to truly defeat him is to have someone with that same heart, someone who also had trained and lived there and was a member, someone with the skill to do it. Maybe they pray to there gods and the original Great Kung Lao hears there plea's. He searches the underworld and finds Kung Lao's spirit and returns him to the living world, but only to take on and defeat his once White Lotus brother.
I wouldn't imagine Kung Lao being a zombie or some evil spirit the way Noob or Ermac is either. I would imagine Kung Lao kind of the way Gandalf was in the second movie "The Two Towers" when he returned from the dead. Sort of the same but changed slightly.. Like Kung Lao would have a slightly different look, more regal or angelic looking or something signifying his return from the dead but more as an angelic hero rather than some undead demonic creature (like so many other MK characters)... and he would only be here for one purpose, to defeat Lui and bring peace back to his temple and realm, once that is done he would return to the spirit world. It would give Kung Lao a noble storyline. Plus I really want to play as one of my favorite characters.. :( Thoughts??

Even though he's dead, would it be possible that he could return for MKX? Lets take for example how everyone pretty much agrees that if Lui Kang returns he would be evil, possibly resurrected by the gods etc., etc. Than in that same vein couldn't we get a storyline where maybe when Lui returns all godly and evil that a small part of him still possess the light and goodness from the white lotus monastery he trained and lived at all those years ago. Perhaps the monks there realize the only way to truly defeat him is to have someone with that same heart, someone who also had trained and lived there and was a member, someone with the skill to do it. Maybe they pray to there gods and the original Great Kung Lao hears there plea's. He searches the underworld and finds Kung Lao's spirit and returns him to the living world, but only to take on and defeat his once White Lotus brother.
I wouldn't imagine Kung Lao being a zombie or some evil spirit the way Noob or Ermac is either. I would imagine Kung Lao kind of the way Gandalf was in the second movie "The Two Towers" when he returned from the dead. Sort of the same but changed slightly.. Like Kung Lao would have a slightly different look, more regal or angelic looking or something signifying his return from the dead but more as an angelic hero rather than some undead demonic creature (like so many other MK characters)... and he would only be here for one purpose, to defeat Lui and bring peace back to his temple and realm, once that is done he would return to the spirit world. It would give Kung Lao a noble storyline. Plus I really want to play as one of my favorite characters.. :( Thoughts??

You know, with the way NRS has managed to $h!+ on the series with some story plot stuff in MK9, I really don't doubt it. Then again, it could be that Liu Kang comes back as human and good and Kung Lao ends up being the final boss, that is, if it is really supposed to be unexpected like Ed Boon claims.

But yeah, it is hard to picture Kung Lao as evil. y and a semi d-bag is natural of the dude, but evil? Hmmm...

Only time will tell.

I think it would be awesome if Liu Kang comes back evil. It would then also be cool seeing Raiden Resurrect a dead Kung Lao to fight Liu Kang. The two greatest Shaolin Monks and also best friends now on opposite sides battling it out to the death would be ultra dramatic and epic.

well if KL ends up in thee game hopefully he wont have so many tools thx to the variations.

I think KL might take a backseat in this game...not saying he wont be back in future games bc we all know no one stay's dead in MK...especially Main characters. But with the leak of LK being in the game, i have a good feeling a NEW hero will be annouced or Kai will be returning.

I think bringing him back is something that would open the question of why not bringing everyone back again.

I don't think this may be "his game", even though is one of my favorites.

Even the Kitana's return is still a little strange to me, because if they bring her back, why not bring everyone? I mean, asking on story coherence.

I think bringing him back is something that would open the question of why not bringing everyone back again.

Even the Kitana's return is still a little strange to me, because if they bring her back, why not bring everyone? I mean, asking on story coherence.

This is what I've been wanting to say for so long.

Was Kitana confirmed?!

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

I hate Kung Lao I hate cyrax and I hate Kabal.let him rot in the Nether realm.I don't even want to see him as dlc.Let him sit this one out.Kahn snapped his little neck.I love that scene.

On the other hand maybe he want be so over powered if they split him up into 3 variations.

People say JC was top tier but he's never as tough to beat as KL with all those weapons and Cyrax the reset exploit himself .

She wasn't konfirmed, but Boon answered, when was stated that she won't return because she's dead, that "this is Mortal Kombat", like anything could happen. Also, others asked about her, and he never gave clues that could lead to the understanding that she won't be, but in the contrary, most implying we shall wait.

She wasn't konfirmed, but Boon answered, when was stated that she won't return because she's dead, that "this is Mortal Kombat", like anything could happen. Also, others asked about her, and he never gave clues that could lead to the understanding that she won't be, but in the contrary, most implying we shall wait.
He DID konfirm that whatever John Vogel said about dead characters 10 years ago is still true today.

"Nobody ever really dies in Mortal Kombat."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

He DID konfirm that whatever John Vogel said about dead characters 10 years ago is still true today.

"Nobody ever really dies in Mortal Kombat."

Yes, that was it.

I mean, she can be back as a wraith too (Quan Chi style), what I called De Legov once as a joke.

Guess the logic of this name :secret:

Yes, that was it.

I mean, she can be back as a wraith too (Quan Chi style), what I called De Legov once as a joke.

Guess the logic of this name :secret:

At first glance, I would think Lego Kombat. But...

Spoiler:
Is Ed taking over the story writing now? I know Vogel did after Tobias left.

At first glance, I would think Lego Kombat. But...

Spoiler:
Is Ed taking over the story writing now? I know Vogel did after Tobias left.

:cheers: you got that one!

Spoiler:
Yes, Vogel is writing, but I put Boon cause he's the front man of the series.