Why is the "NO BLOOD" Code so popular among Tournament Gamers?

SpiDoL

I love watching tournament videos of MK9 (and pretty much every other fighting game I love), but this has been a nagging question I've been wanting to ask ever since I started watching this game's tournaments.

Why is this particular code so widely used? It can't be to make the matches more age-appropriate because the X-Rays still show blood even when the code is on (Then again, no one ever uses X-Rays in Tournament Play, another thing that baffles me). It must be to make the matches quicker because of no Fatalities or win poses. If that's the case, I understand, even though I find it sad that all these people are rejecting two of the major factors that made Mortal Kombat famous...

So is that the reason? If not, then what is?

To transition into the next match faster, so people would like to keep their momentum while playing. I hate waiting for the next match to begin, especially after a loss where I've figured out my past mistakes and ready to make adjustments in order to win.

It's competition, lol. No one cares about what the game is known for, but more so about winning for the prize and bragging rights.

It's competition, lol. No one cares about what the game is known for, but more so about winning for the prize and bragging rights.
Ugh. That's what I was afraid of. Might as well watch Street Fighter or Tekken then... (No offense)

Ugh. That's what I was afraid of. Might as well watch Street Fighter or Tekken then... (No offense)

Meh, I'm not offended.

Fatalities are cool and all, but get stale to watch after a while. People just don't want to sit through them when their reason to compete is to win.

Meh, I'm not offended.

Fatalities are cool and all, but get stale to watch after a while. People just don't want to sit through them when their reason to compete is to win.
MK should stay MK in totality...even in tournament play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

MK should stay MK in totality...even in tournament play.

I don't agree.

Some play for prestige, the other play for the storyline, fatalities, etc.

When playing to compete none of that stuff matters to me personally. It's just a minute I could've used to play another ranked match.

But blood, gore, and Fatalities were what made MK a household name. They should not be disabled under any circumstances...not even in tournament play.

I have to side with Tarkatan Trash on this one. From now on, I'd rather watch MKII & UMK3 tournament videos instead of MK9 ones where "NO BLOOD" is on.

I get the quicker match aspect, but to be fair its quicker to just quit out to character select. I think they like using it to show how mature they are and that they know a kombat kode

What you don't understand about these tournament players, is that they have played thousands of MK matches. Just over and over in sets lasting hours. The last thing they want to do is watch more fatalities

Dude, Tourneys run on for a long time. There isn't time to do fatalities after every single match... and nobody really wants to, anyway. There is no point. It's just a waste of time.

Honestly, I use the no blood code, too. Ever play a first 20 set? Who wants to watch the same 4 fatalities 20-40 times in one sitting? Who has the time to watch a fatality every match.

If I count all the matches I've played in MK9, online, offline and on different accounts and consoles, it's about 7000 matches... I haven't even played that many matches compared to the people who play in tournies... they've probably played about 25,000- 30,000 matches. Think about that for a second. If they used a fatality every single match of that, imagine how many times they would have seen it... Imagine how many time would be wasted watching fatalities, when they could be playing more games. (about 250 hours)

You may not understand, but whatever.

I love every aspect of MK, but too much is too much. I'd rather just get to the next match. Fatalities don't add to the experience.

And also, think about it... when a fatality is used in a tournament match, it's really really hype because it's like the ultimate pop off. If it happened all the time, then the magic of it would be taken away

Anyone who doesn't want to see Fatalities should eat shit and play something else, because Fatalities ARE Mortal Kombat.

Anyone who doesn't want to see Fatalities should eat shit and play something else, because Fatalities ARE Mortal Kombat.

But fatalities aren't the only reason why people play the game. Why can't you understand that?

Trash is a troll. For the love of god stop trying to reason with him. He has said the same thing 5 times on this very page.

Slavery played a big part in making the US big. Bring back slavery! It's tradition and should be respected!

That is what Trash sounds like. He is clearly trolling. Don't bite the bait, Vititty. Not today.