Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat 2014

I'm not too worried yet. Historically there's usually a flurry at the beginning and then again right at the end. I had thought there might be more interest this year with the MKX traffic, but maybe it's too early yet.

If we remain at 7 teams (or anything less than 10), it's gonna be an all-star team for each person.

Also, if I can make a late suggestion regarding points. QBs almost always stay center of the pack, and you can't really differentiate between them; that's why picking QBs in recent years have always been a "whatever" choice since the top 15-20 always come about the same at the end of the year. A good indicator to weed out those QBs are their interception totals.

That said I'd like to up the point for interceptions from -1 to -3, just so players will need to make solid choices when choosing at that position. Either that, or draft really well in the other spots, but I think that would make it somewhat more interesting for the season.

I thought I replied to this a few days ago [MENTION=945]RIPLIUKANG[/MENTION]. I guess it ate my post.

Interceptions are -2 in our league, not -1. Also, I don't think I agree. Right now all turnovers of any kind are worth -2 to the offensive player who turns it over and +2 to the defense. I think that makes sense because all turnovers have a similar effect on the game. I think to make interceptions worth more negative points just to nerf the QB position further than it already is with TD passes only being worth 4 points is against the spirit of football.

All that being said, it's you guys' league, so if everyone else wants it too, I'll make the change. But if it's just you, I'm sticking with -2

I just did my draft in my work league today. Had a great draft. I'm all warmed up for ours now. Let's get these spots filled!

Welcome back [MENTION=10945]YungQ94[/MENTION]. 3 spots remaining...

Last place gets a special trophy named after the legendary [MENTION=6581]station2[/MENTION], so there's nothing to lose...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I always wish I could help but I'm way to busy all the time to keep up with this as well. Good luck everybody :) I always stalk these threads

You know [MENTION=8252]Critical-Limit[/MENTION].... I hate to suggest this, but you don't HAVE to spend a whole lot of time on it if you don't want to. As much as I like really active participants, I wouldn't complain too much if all you did was make sure you had non-injured, non-bye week players in your lineup every week and didn't do much else. If you can't make the draft Sunday night, the CPU will draft for you based on pre-set rankings (not that I recommend it, but still, I've seen people actively draft worse teams than that would get you).

Can I at least get you to agree to be the one to get us to an even number of teams if we end up with an odd number?

You know [MENTION=8252]Critical-Limit[/MENTION].... I hate to suggest this, but you don't HAVE to spend a whole lot of time on it if you don't want to. As much as I like really active participants, I wouldn't complain too much if all you did was make sure you had non-injured, non-bye week players in your lineup every week and didn't do much else. If you can't make the draft Sunday night, the CPU will draft for you based on pre-set rankings (not that I recommend it, but still, I've seen people actively draft worse teams than that would get you).

Can I at least get you to agree to be the one to get us to an even number of teams if we end up with an odd number?

Nah man, I'm competitive. If I started I would be try hard. And try hard takes up time. I know that sounds ridiculous but I'm competitive even when it comes to folding my clothes faster >.>

Nah man, I'm competitive. If I started I would be try hard. And try hard takes up time. I know that sounds ridiculous but I'm competitive even when it comes to folding my clothes faster >.>
The only days of the week you really have to worry about are Thursday, Monday, and ESPECIALLY Sunday. If you have any Cowboys or Lions on your roster, then you have Thanksgiving to worry about by default (since both teams traditionally host a Thanksgiving game every year).

And besides, you can check your roster and stuff after dinner or something (I actually did my first TRMK draft at the dinner table).

You can propose a trade during your lunch break.

You can make your waiver claim after breakfast.

Not very time consuming to do fantasy football.

If anything, Baseball and Basketball are more time consuming in the Fantasy world than Football. I like baseball and basketball. In fact, I feel better about my baseball and ESPECIALLY basketball teams than my football team right now, but I'd prefer to manage my roster on a weekly basis than a daily basis.

Last edited:
Additionally [MENTION=8252]Critical-Limit[/MENTION], you've spent more time on this site this evening then one ever has to spend on one's fantasy football team in one evening... except on draft night anyway

.... just sayin'

Here's my typical Fantasy schedule.

Monday: Monday Night Football, if I have players on my roster playing that night.
Tuesday: Make Waiver claims
Wednesday: Check Waiver claim results
Thursday: Check injury reports on players, Thursday night games, if you have players playing that night
Friday: Check roster injuries, propose trade if you wish
Saturday: Check roster injuries
Sunday: GAMEDAY! Early games start at 1pm Eastern, late games start 3 hours later. Set your roster accordingly.

Additionally [MENTION=8252]Critical-Limit[/MENTION], you've spent more time on this site this evening then one ever has to spend on one's fantasy football team in one evening... except on draft night anyway

.... just sayin'

I'm totally training in SSBM right now bro, TRMK chat on the side I only respond to quotes/mentions/thanks.

some of that other stuff that got me quoted was during my lunch break at work.