ULTIMATE "Hard Copy" Home Version of each Arcade MK?

SpiDoL

OK, we all know there's no such thing as an "arcade-perfect" home version of ANY of the arcade Mortal Kombat games. So I wanna know, once and for all, what the ABSOLUTE BEST home version is for each of the five arcade games.

Also, they MUST be HARD COPIES, meaning they have to be on a disc and/or cartridge. NO digital downloads!

Since there's gonna be a wide range of opinions in this thread, I'm gonna use this post to tally up votes for versions. That'll make it easy for everyone (including myself) to determine the best home version for each game...

MK1 VERSIONS:
SNES = I
GENESIS = I
DOS = I
PS2 = I
(If you don't see your preferred home version listed here, vote for it in your post)

MKII VERSIONS:
32X = I
DOS = I
SATURN = I
PS1 = I
PS2 = I
(If you don't see your preferred home version listed here, vote for it in your post)

MK3 VERSIONS:
PS1 = II
DOS = I
PS2 = I

UMK3 VERSIONS:
SATURN = I
PS2 = I

MK4 VERSIONS:
N64 = I
PS1 = I
PC = II

Last edited:
MK1 = SNES ... (Looked & sounded very close to the arcade, just didn't have blood, and I didn't care much.)

MK2 = SATURN ... (32X is close behind but Saturn version had much better graphics. No great options for MK2.)

MK3 = PS1 ... (Great port.)

UMK3 = SATURN ... (Another great port on the same coding as PS1 MK3. DS version is best but resolution is scaled way down.)

MKT = PS1 ... (Saturn version is virtually identical but I like the PS controller for MK.)

MK4 = PS1 ... (N64 wasn't bad, but muffled sound. Go for Gold on the Dreamcast if you can count that one.)

All right, I know I'm gonna get bashed big time for this, but here's what I think are the best home versions:

MK1 = PS2 via Deception's Bonus Disc

MKII = PS2 via Shaolin Monks or Midway Arcade 2

MK3 = PS2 via Midway Arcade 2

UMK3 = PS2 via Armageddon Premium Edition

I'm aware of the extreme hatred all these versions receive, but come on, they weren't THAT bad! Since these versions are emulations of the original arcade versions instead of ports, in all honesty, they're the best hard copies of the games that we're gonna get!

MK4 = N64 (Since this version was the closest to the arcade and there was never an emulated version)

$_12.JPG

Why do we have to be limited to the "hard copy"? The digital ps3 version of MK2 that was listed before the arcade kollection was the best version IMO I think the early version of UMK3 that was on 360 were the better version (both games were ported by backbone )before WB got their grimmy mits on it.

Last edited:
UMK3 wasn't made for PS1.

And Trilogy doesn't count if that's what you're thinking of...

No arcade purist would list the SNES and Genesis versions of any of the home ports, either.

I have the DS version of UMK3. It's great even tho I hate handhelds.