Kotal Kahn's alignment

D1A1

I realize that the likelihood of him being anything other than a villain is very low, but I can't help but find the idea of an anti-hero who rips out hearts and drinks their blood hilarious.

So, should Kotal Kahn be evil, or neutral? The chances of him being a full-blown hero are pretty much null.

Well, I can't say what he should be. That's NRS' decision and we don't know enough about him to judge that...

but I want him to be neutral. Like, brutal, but doesn't really care. He just does what he needs to do for himself and nobody else. That would be pretty cool.

for some reason, i think kotal Kahn will play a big role in the story.
why are they not saying anything about him? ed boon intentionally avoids talking about him.

I think he's going to be neutral... edging closer to the evil side. I see him as the kind of guy who only cares about his own motives. I guess we'll see, though.

I see him as a villain..
But seeing him as a neutral or good guy would be a surprise.
I would prefer him to have a neutral role...fighting anyone he thinks a threat to himself, his land or his rule depending on what his story is!

Evil. What good kharacter rips out hearts and sprays blood all over their face?

The Aztecs did some freaky sh** with their rituals and what have you. It's just the way they were and what they believed in. Doesn't make them good or evil. And Kotal Khan seems to be heavily inspired by them as well as other ancient civilizations like that.

Didn't NRS drop a hint a while ago that he's related to Shinnok in some way? Not in a familial way I mean, just that they share a history or they'll be connected somehow story-wise. I'd prefer it if it weren't an alliance. Kotal's pride and regal stature suggest to me that he wouldn't just be some lackey enforcer.

I sort of see him as a Blue and Orange Morality kind of guy a person who has his own goals and morels that don't stack up to good and evil but if you meet or respect his morels he can become a reasonable person

I hope he's a good guy just because I think it would be interesting enough to have someone like this be good.

If he is a God, I think he's going to be the reimagining of Dark Raiden, only that he's Outworld's God or Protector, w.e. the hell you wanna call it.

Therefore, Neutral.

If the rumors of him being somehow being with Shinnok are true, then I'm going with him being aligned with the forces of evil.

I'm not 100% going off of a rumor, though, so I'll just wait and see.

I think he's neutral similar how Havik was, but him being evil is very possible. I guess he was awaken after the death of Shao Kahn and he talked about other Kahns during the fight video with Raiden.

I'm think thinking he's like shao Kahn in the way that he was originally the protector of outworld and Kahn is more a title than a name would kinda make sense seeing that outworld was up for grabs at the end of mk9

He mention Kahns in the video against Raiden. It's likely that there's other Kahns and I believe he was awaken when Shao Kahn which explains why we never saw him in the original timeline during the events of MK4 - MKA.