Raiden Attitude in MKX

jdnice11

Since MKX is taking place after MK9 and spanning up to a hefty 25 yrs. How do you think he will be? Will he be the Benevolent God we know him to be or will he be his more Malevolent (Dark Raiden)? Will the death of Liu Kang (at his hands i might add) take a toll on Raiden. Will he do anything to protect earthrealm? *like his MK:D ending, he would personally punish those who put earthrealm in danger, whether it be accidentally or intentional*

Last edited:
I hope that he's more cynical and emotionless, but judging by the trailer, he seems like regular old Raiden. Which I hate because Raiden is an extremely boring character.

Last edited:
I hope that he becomes the "do whatever it takes to win" darker Raiden, in the MK X Story.
The Cove stage looked pretty bleak, and if that's any indication as to what the future may possibly hold in MK X, then I'm guessing that things get really messed up within the 25-year span.
He's screwed things up bad enough in MK9, so I'm hoping that he appoints Fujin to the position of protector of Earth Realm, and Fujin helps him unite the forces of good for what's to come.

I fail to see how Raiden screwed things up. I mean, sure... a group of people died that wouldn't have normally died... But had Raiden not prevented Armageddon they would have all died anyway.

Raiden definitely screwed up.
He didn't do it on purpose, and he did accomplish his goal, but he did it in the shittiest way possible

Raiden definitely screwed up.
He didn't do it on purpose, and he did accomplish his goal, but he did it in the shittiest way possible

It's still a better outcome than if Liu Kang had defeated Kahn. Raiden was sloppy in trying to decipher his message, for sure. But he still got the job done.

[MENTION=5232]Ricochetmatt[/MENTION]
-Maybe he shouldn't feel bad but we all know Liu Kang was Raidens "Golden Child" and guided him so more than others.
-I disagree with you to an extent, I do believe Radien is to blame for the deaths of many "Heroes" although not with malicious intent. But he did get the job done and for being a God, a being who's life is infinite. He solved the bigger problem, which was stopping Shao Kahn

[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION]
-Thanks for the correction...its been fixed lol
-And I would rather see a more Malicious Raiden now, considering everything that has happened and what he has "lost, it would make sense. Now i would want him to be more of a Anti-Hero. Not a straight up villain. More of a My way or the Highway/Get on board or get off. Not so much, You disobeyed me, I kill you now" you know what i mean

[MENTION=5028]Araknyd_Commander[/MENTION]
-My original thought was to have Raiden ascend to an Elder God Status and have Fujin become the New Protector of Earthrealm.

It's still a better outcome than if Liu Kang had defeated Kahn. Raiden was sloppy in trying to decipher his message, for sure. But he still got the job done.

Yes and no.
Shinnok is still on the verge of escaping the Netherrealm and joining up with Quan Chi, and he may just have averted Armageddon for now.
Something worse than Armageddon could be on the rise in MK X, over a 25 year span, for all we know.

Yes and no.
Shinnok is still on the verge of escaping the Netherrealm and joining up with Quan Chi, and he may just have averted Armageddon for now.
Something worse than Armageddon could be on the rise in MK X, over a 25 year span, for all we know.

Armageddon was an end all scenario. So yes... Another huge event similar to Armageddon may come up (probably come up, more likely), but Raiden was only aware of the one situation that effected the original timeline. He can't be held responsible for a new event while dodging another. In the end, he's going to do whatever needs to be done to protect Earthrealm from X treat. It's a never ending cycle as someone or something will always threaten the realms.

He can't be held responsible for a new event while dodging another.

He can if he's the "protector of Earthrealm."

In the end, he's going to do whatever needs to be done to protect Earthrealm from X treat. It's a never ending cycle as someone or something will always threaten the realms.

This leads me to believe that he either becomes a darker Raiden and / or he appoints Fujin as the new protector of Earthrealm.

Yes and no.

Maybe Armageddon is inevitable, you know like "Judgement Day"

He can if he's the "protector of Earthrealm."

As protector he is held responsible with purging the current threat to his realm. If changing or removing said threat opens up another one, that is not his fault. That's just the way of things. His job is to just move on and help eliminate the new problem.

As protector he is held responsible with purging the current threat to his realm. If changing or removing said threat opens up another one, that is not his fault. That's just the way of things. His job is to just move on and help eliminate the new problem.

If the reasons for said things happening in the new threat are due to his previous actions, then yes, he is responsible.

Think of it like Back To The Future cause and effect.
Marty went back in time and told his dad to stand up for himself, and in the future Biff is nice to him because he learned that George doesn't take shit from him.

The same goes for Raiden.
If stopping Shao Kahn opens up a bigger can of worms in MK X, then yeah, Raiden's actions that caused it would make him responsible.

Last edited:
I really hope we don't come back to an end-of-the-world scenario again. We averted that in MK9. If it happens again, then what was the point?

If the reasons for said things happening in the new threat are due to his previous actions, then yes, he is responsible.

Think of it like Back To The Future cause and effect.
Marty went back in time and told his dad to stand up for himself, and in the future Biff is nice to him because he learned that George doesn't take shit from him.

The same goes for Raiden.
If stopping Shao Kahn opens up a bigger can of worms in MK X, then yeah, Raiden's actions that caused it would make him responsible.

The thing is... Bad things are going to happen as a result to Armageddon being dodged because that is the natural order of things. Every cause has an effect. Holding that against Raiden is unfair as these things are going to happen regardless. Avert one bad situation, eventually another one is going to pop up. And it may even pop up due to the avoidance of the previous one. But anyone in Raiden's position would have done the same thing. Fix the problem at hand.