Raiden Attitude in MKX

I actually have my own theory. I bet he dies at the end of chapter 1. I think the reason he seems like 'The same old Raiden' and is even wearing a costume so similar to his MK9 counterpart is that he's only going to be alive in the very beginning of story mode. I think he'll be the first playable character, and that his chapter will end with his death. Or his death will happen somewhere before the first major leap forward in time. The reason for this theory is that everybody else (except Scorpion, but he never changes) has these major changes in their stories, or look older or different somehow. I think if Raiden lived long enough to go through anything in this game, it would reflect in his main costume. This is just a theory of course, based on nothing but observations.

Backup theory: Raiden will ascend to Elder God status before the first major time-leap. If they announce Fujin, I'll feel even more confident that Raiden's going to die or move on early in the story.

Raiden is an immortal being in the MK lore.
I don't think that he dies that early in the story.
I get the feeling that Raiden is at the 25 year mark, telling the other EarthRealm warriors (via flashbacks) how they got to year 25, with thing being even more messed up.

Raiden is an immortal being in the MK lore.
I don't think that he dies that early in the story.
I get the feeling that Raiden is at the 25 year mark, telling the other EarthRealm warriors (via flashbacks) how they got to year 25, with thing being even more messed up.
EVERY character in MK is immortal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

The reason for this theory is that everybody else (except Scorpion, but he never changes) has these major changes in their stories, or look older or different somehow. I think if Raiden lived long enough to go through anything in this game, it would reflect in his main costume.

It might be evident in his alternate costume.
Like how MK9 Raiden was the happy lightning boy, but his alt was the Armageddon Shin Dark Raidenu

Not so.
Raiden is a god.
The only mortals in MK who are immortal are those who win the MK Tournament are granted immortality, hence Liu Kang.
Sonya and Johnny didn't win the MK9 tournament (Raiden did), they only survived it, so seeing 50 year old Sonya and Johnny isn't out of the question.

You've been flogging this dead horse ever since the MKX announcement livened up this forum again. So what, Vogel utters one throwaway line about death in MK and now you're here to remind everyone constantly, as though it's illegal to deviate from those holy words of Saint Vogel.

You tend to bring it up when members talk about who's left alive after the events of MK9's story mode. Well y'know what? Ed Boon confirmed that the MKX story will follow from the events of MK9. He also said the deaths of the many old favourites in MK9 was to help take the next game into new territory.

Death is not meaningless in MK, so give it a rest.

Not so.
Raiden is a god.
The only mortals in MK who are immortal are those who win the MK Tournament are granted immortality, hence Liu Kang.
Sonya and Johnny didn't win the MK9 tournament (Raiden did), they only survived it, so seeing 50 year old Sonya and Johnny isn't out of the question.

Doesn't Raiden take on a mortal form to fight alongside Earthrealm?
I don't remember how his life works. How did he come back after killing himself in Deception?

You've been flogging this dead horse ever since the MKX announcement livened up this forum again. So what, Vogel utters one throwaway line about death in MK and now you're here to remind everyone constantly, as though it's illegal to deviate from those holy words of Saint Vogel.

You tend to bring it up when members talk about who's left alive after the events of MK9's story mode. Well y'know what? Ed Boon confirmed that the MKX story will follow from the events of MK9. He also said the deaths of the many old favourites in MK9 was to help take the next game into new territory.

Death is not meaningless in MK, so give it a rest.
Newsflash...

VOGEL WRITES THE STORY! HIS WORD IS CANON!

You should be ashamed of yourself for dragging the messenger through the mud like that! If you have a problem with that logic, then blame the story writer and stay off my ass!

Last edited:
Newsflash...

You should be ashamed of yourself for dragging the messenger through the mud like that! If you have a problem with that logic, then blame the story writer and stay off my ass!

SCREAM LOUDER!!!!
Maybe NRS will hear you. :laugh:

In all seriousness, though, you say that with such passion and conviction, as if NRS can't just go "We don't want ____________ character from MK9 in MKX (dead or alive), so they won't be in."
I'm pretty sure that some dead characters from MK9 will stay dead, and some of living characters won't come back either.
[MENTION=5207]Nethervestige[/MENTION] isn't 100% wrong in assuming that.
Steve Beran even said that MK9 helped wipe some of the slate clean for MKX, in 1 of his interviews.

Do you really see Sheeva, Stryker, Rain or Nightwolf coming back in MKX?
I don't, and Rain and Nightwolf are 2 of my top 3 characters in MK9.

Doesn't Raiden take on a mortal form to fight alongside Earthrealm?
I don't remember how his life works. How did he come back after killing himself in Deception?

Because Raiden isn't the "God of Thunder", in fact, he is the "Thunder God".

Seems like there is no difference, but it's mere impression.

The first is a God who controls thunder, like Marvel Comics' Thor. The latter, which Raiden is, is the embodiement of Thunder itself in a human form.

While you can kill or hurt his body, he will never cease to exist (theoretically, excluding Elder Gods or Vogel word), because he is the thunder entity, it will always be conscient and will trend to rejoin itself by its will, probally in the human form we know.

That's how he comes back in Deception. But he came back "twisted" (aka f%$# cool) because this thunder entity has conscience, so it was corrupted on the process.

I don't even think Raiden's suicide attack was even a suicide at all more like a "overload this body with too much raw power and then release it all at once."

and I thought the reason for dark Raiden was due in part to Onaga indirectly corrupting his essence as it left to Earthrealm and reformed there after the failed kamikaze

I don't even think Raiden's suicide attack was even a suicide at all more like a "overload this body with too much raw power and then release it all at once."

and I thought the reason for dark Raiden was due in part to Onaga indirectly corrupting his essence as it left to Earthrealm and reformed there after the failed kamikaze

Yeah, that's what Deception makes clear, but by judging his attitude, we see that his "corruption" was far more than Onaga's presence.

Focus on MK Tournament and it's...useless rules. Many perish in the competition, and others die on invasions, the Elder Gods just watch the realms becoming unstable sustaining rules very questionable.

Raiden was the protagonist of the gods. He was acting directly on every event after MK3 (first timeline), that is exaclty when things went way far negative to Earthrealm.

In MK:DA he defies the Elder Gods, he refuses his status as EG to fight. That's completely out of a god's mind, he was like tired of Elder Gods BS, he decides to do what he needs to do, and that wasn't for the sake of Earthrealm only, but all realms.

When he sacrifices himself, he comes back knowing that nothing will change, no sacrifice is worthy of the Gods. That's when he decides he will do anything to protect Earthrealm, even ally with Shao Kahn.

I see a very good plot growing on the character. God who only observed and only acted when necessary to a god who would even turn himself corrupted to save what he think it was worthy. Raiden is the symbol of Elder Gods' omission.

Yeah, that's what Deception makes clear, but by judging his attitude, we see that his "corruption" was far more than Onaga's presence.

Focus on MK Tournament and it's...useless rules. Many perish in the competition, and others die on invasions, the Elder Gods just watch the realms becoming unstable sustaining rules very questionable.

Raiden was the protagonist of the gods. He was acting directly on every event after MK3 (first timeline), that is exaclty when things went way far negative to Earthrealm.

In MK:DA he defies the Elder Gods, he refuses his status as EG to fight. That's completely out of a god's mind, he was like tired of Elder Gods BS, he decides to do what he needs to do, and that wasn't for the sake of Earthrealm only, but all realms.

When he sacrifices himself, he comes back knowing that nothing will change, no sacrifice is worthy of the Gods. That's when he decides he will do anything to protect Earthrealm, even ally with Shao Kahn.

I see a very good plot growing on the character. God who only observed and only acted when necessary to a god who would even turn himself corrupted to save what he think it was worthy. Raiden is the symbol of Elder Gods' omission.

okay that makes way too much sense to be refutable but it seems like Raiden is just as likely to go dark in this installment now since ONLY armageddon was prevented or delayed further and no major events after 3 and prior has been dealt with at least not yet

okay that makes way too much sense to be refutable but it seems like Raiden is just as likely to go dark in this installment now since ONLY armageddon was prevented or delayed further and no major events after 3 and prior has been dealt with at least not yet

Yes, I believe he trends to go dark (and as I believe Armageddon was postponed, I also don't know when he trends to become), because he can't stand the decisions and positions of the Elder Gods.

But to know if Armageddon was postponed (logical way) or totally avoided (theoretically Vogel option) is a point of decision, because Raiden and Earthrealm were saved by the Elder Gods on MK9 timeline, and as I stated before, his change of attitude is a reflexion of EG's omission, so we will need a chain of series that will put their actions to be proven, and we already know they will fail.

I just hope in MKX Raiden becomes more interfering. "Corrupted" or not, Raiden will always be cooler when he rolls up his sleeves and fight for what he thinks is better. Really expecting to see a Raiden in the pattern of MK:DA to MK:D, for me was the best Raiden ever (including MK:D to MK:A, but I don't think he will sacrifice himself again).

Haha i'll definately win

lol ok whatever you tell yourself brosif, heres a scouting video of me...this was when i sucked..and still crushed my bracket till i got taken out by a pro street fighter tourney fighter hugo101 who made top 16 of this tourney http://youtu.be/saVtsZfY0Uo
Gamertag Blitzkrieg11b2P on xbox360 but i am transitioning out of the Army so i dont have online..plus im getting a PS4 changing back to the darkside...anyways here are some quotes from raiden sorry to dissapoint but raidens not going dark guys

Raiden: "Sub-Zero..."
Sub-Zero: "Fear their powers Raiden."
Raiden: "That is my challenge…”

Scorpion: "You must restore my family!"
Raiden: That ship has sailed."

Ferra: "{To Torr} Do you remember lightning man?"
Torr: "*Roars*"
Raiden: "[Inaudible] I can help you."
Ferra: "Yeah you talk, [Inaudible]."

Raiden: "Step aside cretin!"
D'Vorah: The emperor suggests YOU do it!"
Raiden: "I do not heed the emperor."

D'Vorah: "It's time for you now Raiden."
Raiden: "I can protect you D'Vorah."
D'Vorah: "Protection? It's pointless!"

He's still pissed at Scorpion though...

That ship has sailed...damn thats as cold as sub-zero

Last edited:
Newsflash...

LMAO!!! If raiden dies he just is reborn in Earthrealm VIA MK Deception... he wont be dead...but maybe he passes on the torch to Fujin after they defeat Shinnok...IDK i have a hard time seeing raiden out of the picture...Unless Kangs ending comes true..

Liu Kang didn't really die in MK9 because the winner of Mortal Kombat is immortal until the next official Mortal Kombat tournament, or am I missing something...