Raiden Attitude in MKX

I think we will see Dark Raiden. if you look at his "thunder god" hat it closely resembles Dark Raiden's hat in MK9. I don't really care what stance he takes, his play style and combos look to be the best in MKX so far. that right there has me psyched for him. Raiden's always been my favorite character the only way they could make him suck is if they made him a tranny with a chainsaw

Raiden kill Shao Kahn, but Armageddon can still happen as long we have Blaze around. Blaze is in his humanoid form and the game takes place in a time span of 25 years. So Raiden can kill Blaze before anything can happen. In MK9, he never got any visions of Blaze at all. For the next 25 years, a lot can be done to make sure the events of MK4 - Armageddon don't happen.

Raiden kill Shao Kahn

Has it been confirmed Raiden killed Shao Kahn. Yes he defeated him, but I don't think he's dead.
1. He didn't explode like he normally does when he is defeated
2. He was taken away by the Elder Gods for "Punishment"

Not saying i want Shao Kahn in the game but i wouold like to have it cleared up

Has it been confirmed Raiden killed Shao Kahn. Yes he defeated him, but I don't think he's dead.

Weren't they like chewing holes through his body before they dragged him up into the sky? He's either dead or near dead. lol

You seem to be forgetting a very important part of MK9's story... Raiden's amulet. It would only reconstruct itself in full IF Armageddon was prevented. At the end of the game, there wasn't a crack to be found on that amulet, which means Raiden was successful.

Who knows. Maybe the amulet was referring to Raiden's death. It was never confirmed (to my knowledge) that the amulet referred to Armageddon. That was just what Raiden connected it to.

Weren't they like chewing holes through his body before they dragged him up into the sky? He's either dead or near dead. lol

He did have a hole punched through his chest from LK and survived, albeit speed up sorcery from Quan Chi. Im just say, he wasn't seen dying... but so i assume near death

Who knows. Maybe the amulet was referring to Raiden's death. It was never confirmed (to my knowledge) that the amulet referred to Armageddon. That was just what Raiden connected it to.

True. But the story certainly pointed out that the cracks in the amulet was connected to Armageddon. I don't see them going back to that storyline in MKX so I'm just gonna assume that the amulet's role was just that.

He did have a hole punched through his chest from LK and survived, albeit speed up sorcery from Quan Chi. Im just say, he wasn't seen dying... but so i assume near death

Yeah but like you said, Quan Chi used his magic to save him. It's a little different when the Elder Gods are eating you and then drag you off to their domain. lol

But not before Raiden took a dive against Shao Kahn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I don't understand why everyone has to over complicate the story mode in MK9. The amulet was "directly" connected to Armageddon. With shao kahn crossing into earthrealm, raiden defeats him, the elder gods step in and shao kahn is taken away(not necessarily dead). By averting armageddon NRS was free to "re-write" the MK continuity. its all pretty simple. it even says that armageddon has been prevented in the MK9 story mode ending. then shinnock and queen-chi step in and reveal some blah blah MK4 derivative scheme. MKX is a whole different story armageddon isn't going to happen. and if ya ask me, that debacle of a game never should have happened in the first place. no pyramid no armageddon period! NEEEEEXT!

You seem to be forgetting a very important part of MK9's story... Raiden's amulet. It would only reconstruct itself in full IF Armageddon was prevented. At the end of the game, there wasn't a crack to be found on that amulet, which means Raiden was successful.

Good writing or not, this is simply a way for NRS to avoid having to cover the post MK3 events all over again. They know those games weren't the best and existed during the downfall of the series.

Raiden only assumed that's what the amulet meant, Dark Raiden was a huge **** and more than likely the amulet could have meant as to stopping Shao Khan from "Winning" like he did in Armageddon. Furthermore, Armageddon being delayed DOES mean that it was prevented, at least for a time as now it will take much longer for it to occur but it still can as it was foretold, since Dark Raiden would have no idea what the repercussions would be by changing the timeline nor does Raiden. All that's established is that Armageddon's path was changed, due to Shao Khan being taken by the Elder Gods, and nothing was done about the main players that actually bring Armageddon out.

Furthermore Daegon, Taven, Blaze, the Dragons, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Onaga and co are so on course as nothing in MK9 stopped any of their events from happening. Another note is that Onaga's return is essential to Armageddon, Shao Khan isn't essential at all for Armageddon to happen.

Heck, Shao Khan isn't even needed for Onaga's return and his departure will make it even easier for those like Quan Chi to steal power in Outworld and put in motion the events that indirectly aid in Onaga's return which was also foretold.

I don't understand why everyone has to over complicate the story mode in MK9. The amulet was "directly" connected to Armageddon. With shao kahn crossing into earthrealm, raiden defeats him, the elder gods step in and shao kahn is taken away(not necessarily dead). By averting armageddon NRS was free to "re-write" the MK continuity. its all pretty simple. it even says that armageddon has been prevented in the MK9 story mode ending. then shinnock and queen-chi step in and reveal some blah blah MK4 derivative scheme. MKX is a whole different story armageddon isn't going to happen. and if ya ask me, that debacle of a game never should have happened in the first place. no pyramid no armageddon period! NEEEEEXT!

Armageddon as foretold long before MK1, Raiden taking out Shao Khan only alters the course but the end result will be the same which is Armageddon, which we know can be stopped and prevented as MK8 was supposed to deal with the aftermath of Armageddon.

Armageddon was averted. Case closed it's not going to happen again. If it does happen by some whim of fate (which it won't because NRS realizes the big honking mistake it was in the first place, one that ultimately lead to the closing of MIDWAY) I'll perform cunnilingus on an attractive female until she climaxes. those are my conditions.

NOTE: I like performing it so if I'm wrong i still win!!!!:marchmellow:

Armageddon was averted. Case closed it's not going to happen again. If it does happen by some whim of fate (which it won't because NRS realizes the big honking mistake it was in the first place, one that ultimately lead to the closing of MIDWAY) I'll perform cunnilingus on an attractive female until she climaxes. those are my conditions.

NOTE: I like performing it so if I'm wrong i still win!!!!:marchmellow:

Agreed.
This.
100% THIS!!!

I could see some huge doom and gloom scenario with a big bad boss happening in MK X, but I sure as hell don't see NRS going back to the very shitty Armageddon story that trapped them into a corner (creativity-wise), and lead to the demise of the MK IP.

MK X will have some of MK4 as well as an original story, as Ed Boon himself pointed out.

How about Raiden being very protective of the warriors so he starts doing all their work so he wont risk their lives, then somewhere near the middle or beginning of story mode he dies due to the lack of allies while hes protecting the warriors which opens up the space for a new protagonist.....
FUJIN!

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

MKX takes place in a time span between the end of MK9 into 25 years into the future. I think we will see cameos and other characters from MK4 - MKA. It's better to fix up MK4 - MKD, it get done and over with so MK11 and future games can focus on brand new stories.

if you look at some of the combos displayed by the characters announced you can see that a number of moves have been borrowed from the PS2 era MK's as well as MK4. Take Raiden's combos for example, he ends one combo string with a strong vertical kick only really ever seen in his MK4 and MKDA incarnations. Subzero's combos, he uses overhand chops and miniature uppercuts like in his "shotokan" style from MKDA. Scorpion uses quite a few of the same movements and slashes from his "ninja sword" style in MKDA. So it can be seen that that era of MK hasn't been written off all together, more like it's been "re-written". I honestly am psyched to see just how this story unfolds. Ferra Torr looks to be a resident of "Chaos realm" so we may in fact see some kind of dimension hopping occurring in MKX. Super psyched for this game. And so as not to deviate to far from topic, I think Raiden will take the stance he always has, as protector, but we may see him in a "darker" role, not to say he will completely go evil but we may see him shirk off his hopeless optimism.

Last edited:
I reckon he will share the same attitude of Degenerate Triple H.

The only way to be sure is by contacting Nintendo and asking for information. You have rights. Use them.

^Hopefully, you stay banned for good this time.

There's one thing that has always bothered me with Raiden, what is going on with his staff? You know, it's a very crucial weapon for him to have and yet he hardly ever has it. Where is it? Why has it disappeared? I was actually kinda hoping that he'd be using it more in one of his variations, but again, it's not in his possession. Where did this go and why doesn't he use it anymore?

^Hopefully, you stay banned for good this time.

There's one thing that has always bothered me with Raiden, what is going on with his staff? You know, it's a very crucial weapon for him to have and yet he hardly ever has it. Where is it? Why has it disappeared? I was actually kinda hoping that he'd be using it more in one of his variations, but again, it's not in his possession. Where did this go and why doesn't he use it anymore?

It's Raiden God of Thunder and Lightening, he don't need no stink'n staff! LMAO!
Beside he gave it to Kai for his journey!