Ed Boon: "Guest characters very likely"

BBBLP

Robot Rock
In a recent interview with Mad Catz, Mortal Kombat X Creative Director Ed Boon spoke about the possibility of guest characters making an appearance in the game as DLC.

"That [guest characters] was something that was embraced in Injustice [Gods Among Us] and in Mortal Kombat," Boon said, noting that Freddy Krueger and Scorpion were the most-downloaded characters in Mortal Kombat and Injustice: Gods Among Us respectively. "I think there's a novelty to having a downloaded [sic] guest character, so, I think the chances are pretty high. I don't think every single one of them [new characters yet to be announced] will be a guest, but I think the chances of at least one of them will be pretty good."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...at-x?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Can't wait for all of the "Waaaah" MK purist threads :) :) :)

It's pretty much a non issue for me, it's not like guest chars have any effect on the story...they might as well be an extra skin or bonus stage for all I care

"Ed Boon spoke about the possibility of guest characters making an appearance in the game as DLC."

"I think there's a novelty to having a downloaded [sic] guest character,"

If the roster of an MK game is not 100% MK-originated, then it's a glorified Mugen game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Those compatibility packs BETTER be mandatory for online play! Anyone wbo doesn't like it should just eat shit and play offline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Those compatibility packs BETTER be mandatory for online play! Anyone wbo doesn't like it should just eat shit and play offline.

Hell, I wouldn't care if those compatibility packs were mandatory, as long as that guest shit is kept off the MAIN roster.
Pure MK main roster of GTFO!!!!

My only concern is them doing multiple guest characters. Cause while I find one to be tolerable, I'd rather them release MK related dlc instead.

God damn!, I REALLY HATE GUEST CHARACTERS. And i hate them more, considering that it's just a merchancise trick -_-. I actually bought the season pass last time, and download Freddy; do you guys know if there's a way to delete him from the roster?

God damn!, I REALLY HATE GUEST CHARACTERS. And i hate them more, considering that it's just a merchancise trick -_-. I actually bought the season pass last time, and download Freddy; do you guys know if there's a way to delete him from the roster?

Why do you have to delete him from the roster? That's a bit extreme... I mean, I despise Kratos with every fiber of my being... But I don't spaz out every time I see him on the roster.