Ed Boon: "Guest characters very likely"

Isn't the Twisted Metal series pretty much dead though?
Eat Sleep Play makes mobile games now :?

They did one on the PS3 over a year ago, so the series is not dead. It won't surprise me if the PS3 and PS4 version gets Sweet Tooth while the 360 and Xbox One versions get nothing again. For DLC, I think it will likely be Jason, Spawn or Predator. Sweet Tooth vs. Jason would be cool to see.

That was the last one that Dave Jaffe was apart of.
He left the team and the studio now does mobile game.

Not to mention that the game wasn't even meant to have the full fledged campaign that it had. It was just supposed to be a download only multiplayer game until Sony told them to add a story to it.

They did one on the PS3 over a year ago, so the series is not dead. It won't surprise me if the PS3 and PS4 version gets Sweet Tooth while the 360 and Xbox One versions get nothing again. For DLC, I think it will likely be Jason, Spawn or Predator. Sweet Tooth vs. Jason would be cool to see.

its pretty dead for now. that game sold horribly and was just awful. i mean making it so one character can drive any car they want? and like bbblp already pointed out. the story was just not good either. if i remember correctly it was pretty much just about sweet tooth wasnt it?

and a HUGE no to jason. Warner Bros doesn't own him anymore. and jason fighting anybody wouldnt be cool to see. hes not a fighter, he goes after people who barley defend themselves. could you imagine him trying to slash up Sonya? she would slap him silly hahah

Last edited:
If Jason is no longer own by WB then his chances are unlikely. Same goes with Predator since Predator is own by Fox. So the guest fighter could end up being Spawn or a WB movie character like Mad Max.

King Kong is own by Universal and he is still has a copy right to him.

You mean the same Universal that proved in court that King Kong IS public domain, then a few years later tried to claim against Nintendo that they owned it, only to be successfully called out on it by Nintendo?

Sorry, but your claim about King Kong's copyright status is verifiably false, especially since it's already been proven in court TWICE that it's public domain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

If Jason is no longer own by WB then his chances are unlikely. Same goes with Predator since Predator is own by Fox. So the guest fighter could end up being Spawn or a WB movie character like Mad Max.

whhhhaaattttt?!? this whole time i thought predator was owned by WB...i thought for sure it was going to be predator. dont know about spawn though. hes my number one pick, but im scared there only focus is topping freddy's sales. and spawn just isnt well known enough to do that.

Terminator then.. ??

I think Paramount owns the rights to Terminator now with the 5th movie coming out. Paramount and Fox are revival companies for Warner Bros. Spawn may be irrelevant these days unlike he was in the 90's and early 2000's, but he is still a popular character. I think he will sell just fine.

Spawn has a new movie in production.
Todd MacFarlane already expressed his interest in Spawn appearing in Injustice, he'd probably even more excited to have him in MK

Spawn has a new movie in production.
Todd MacFarlane already expressed his interest in Spawn appearing in Injustice, he'd probably even more excited to have him in MK

"he’s attempting to finish the script for Spawn by the end of the year in order to get it into production by 2014, which could potentially mean a Spawn movie would be in theaters by 2015"

this is all iv ever heard of a new spawn movie...what did you hear? iv been waiting YEARS for this movie!!!!!

and i dont think is up to MacFarlane, although im glad hes on board.

"he’s attempting to finish the script for Spawn by the end of the year in order to get it into production by 2014, which could potentially mean a Spawn movie would be in theaters by 2015"

this is all iv ever heard of a new spawn movie...what did you hear? iv been waiting YEARS for this movie!!!!!

and i dont think is up to MacFarlane, although im glad hes on board.

Supposedly it's going to be a dark horror/thriller. They're avoiding a superhero-like setup for it and it wont be a huge CGI fest. That was stated last year, though. So who knows where it's at right now.

Supposedly it's going to be a dark horror/thriller. They're avoiding a superhero-like setup for it and it wont be a huge CGI fest. That was stated last year, though. So who knows where it's at right now.

yeah thats some pretty old news. i dont see it coming out anywhere near the MKX release. im guessing its a no for spawn, but who really knows. i do know he would never sell more then freddy...freddy is VERY well known.

Spawn in MKX could be used to promote the movie though.
They don't need to be out side by side

Spawn in MKX can help to see if anyone still likes the character or not. The last time we saw Spawn in anything in any media was in 2003 with Spawn Armageddon and SC2 on the Xbox.

and a HUGE no to jason. Warner Bros doesn't own him anymore. and jason fighting anybody wouldnt be cool to see. hes not a fighter, he goes after people who barley defend themselves. could you imagine him trying to slash up Sonya? she would slap him silly hahah

The whole "He's not a fighter" excuse is invalid, as NRS did the same for Freddy, and Freddy isn't a fighter either.
Jason isn't skilled in hand to hand kombat, and he kills people who can't defend themselves too.
If Jason no longer belongs to WB, that's a different story.

The whole "He's not a fighter" excuse is invalid, as NRS did the same for Freddy, and Freddy isn't a fighter either.
Jason isn't skilled in hand to hand kombat, and he kills people who can't defend themselves too.
If Jason no longer belongs to WB, that's a different story.

its a very valid excuse, they had to add another set of claw hands just for freddy to work. what would they do to jason for it to work, give him TWO machetes? just straight up give him a ninja sword? at least freddy moves quickly and has had somewhat decent scenes that show he could probably pull off some fighting. jason just walks around, swinging his stupid machete.

and freddys from the dreamrealm, he had alot of potential for special moves. what would jason have for specials? swinging his machete slightly harder then he usually does? or taking off his mask, causing his enemies to puke in disgust?

oh and im not defending freddy by any means. hes not a fighter so he didn't belong in the game...but jason? thats ten times worse.